Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: How long have you supported Palace?
1 - 5 years 3 0.78%
5 - 10 years 1 0.26%
10 - 20 years 24 6.23%
20 - 30 years 57 14.81%
30 - 40 years 64 16.62%
40 - 50 years 117 30.39%
50 years plus 119 30.91%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-2019, 08:47 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
In 1977 my uncle took me to a Palace game and my father took me to a clown game. It was a no brainer.
Old 16-04-2019, 08:55 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cant quite recall my first home game. I think it was against grimsby at home and we were 0-2 down, came out to win 3-2, circa 99/00 I think!?
Old 16-04-2019, 09:33 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How long have you supported Palace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Can we change the title to how old are you? Hdeagle doesn't quite get it.

Unfortunately it is you who doesn’t understand. He says he has been supporting Palace for 58 years but only had a season ticket for the last 46 years.

In the first years that I went to Palace I never had a season ticket either.

50 years this summer.

Last edited by NYEagle; 16-04-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 16-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Since 1974 for me (as a 7 year old). Got my first Palace kit then too, although I didn't actually start going to games until 1980.

My first game was beating Middlesborough 5-2 in August 1980, Clive Allen hat-trick.

Had to give up my season ticket in 2008 when I moved to Australia. Still hurts.
Old 16-04-2019, 09:35 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First game was 6-0 win over Norwich in 1967. Hooked.

(Just checked, it was actually 1968...)

Last edited by Expat Eagle; 17-04-2019 at 06:39 AM.
Old 16-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 16-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Eagle View Post
First game was 6-0 win over Norwich in 1967. Hooked.
The day after we lost 2-1 at Carrow Road.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:02 PM

Lakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLakeside HHH Glazier sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
49 years for me, had no idea my 50th was approaching ! My old man was St John's Ambos at Palace (there was a pic in the programme one time of him stretchering Ross Jenkins off) and got me in for free when the ambos met in the little hut at the junction of the Whitehorse / Old Stand. Cuppa tea and sandwich and then when they got serious about St John's duties I wandered along the front of the Whitehorse to perch right at the front behind the goal. We were in Div 1. To a small kid it was magical and I was hooked. Still am from Melbourne, Australia, and my 18 year old daughter has just started a gap year in London and attended the Hudds / Citeh games so there's a continuation in the family history of pain. So many great memories over the years and more than a few duff ones too ! My biggest regret is my aunt bought me a brilliant claret and blue pure wool scarf with Crystal Palace written in yellow (in the script that was on our claret / blue shirts) on each bar, and I also 'invested' in a few of the two tone silk scarfs that were popular around then (and were usually worn knotted to the belt tag of your trousers. Don't ask kids...). All of these gems have disappeared in various house / country moves. There's not much in life I look back on and wish I'd done differently but keeping hold of those items would be up there !
Old 16-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
First match was West Ham away 1~1 away in 78. Went often after that for few years as my neighbour was a steward and used to smuggle me and his son into the old stand.

When that died out I didn't go for years until Matov and Disco Mixx Kid got me going on the run up to Wembley 1990.

So either 40 years or glory hunting 27.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:10 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
30 years YAY!
Old 16-04-2019, 10:57 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMalsPal View Post
Boxing Day ‘67, Portsmouth at home (2-2 I think).
Hey! That was my first game too! (And yes 2-2)
Old 16-04-2019, 10:59 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Moo
Old 17-04-2019, 06:42 AM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
The day after we lost 2-1 at Carrow Road.
I didn't remember that! Why would we be playing them away then at home two days running? Was one match rearranged following postponement?
Old 17-04-2019, 06:47 AM

headliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
59 years.
Accrington Stanley 9-2 first game of the 1960 season, 4 goals for Johnny Byrne and promotion from division 4 - a good way to start!!
Thanks Dad!
Old 17-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2002. Spoilt by AJ and hooked.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 17-04-2019, 07:08 AM

EastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
40 years this year for me, Jesus
Old 17-04-2019, 07:10 AM

isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!isindypub knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
First game I know I was at was the cup game at home to Leeds in 65 (we lost 3-0).

But we moved out of Forest Hill in 1964 and I was being taken to games, both Palace and Millwall ,when we lived there.

So 54+ years.

Living near Hull now so don’t get to many games but was at Newcastle for the 1-0.

Best bit was my Yorkshire born wife who attended her first ever game of Football last week is now a fan and wants to go again (provided there are shops)
Old 17-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
62 years
Old 17-04-2019, 07:16 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My first match was on a freezing night when I was 6years old in 1959 so this is my 60th year
Old 17-04-2019, 07:17 AM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Since November 3rd 1962. FA Cup First Round. Won 2-0 against Hereford United at Selhurst Park. I became a smitten eight year old and am still a ST holder, my son is too.