Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Would you celebrate a Cardiff goal against us that sent Brighton down?
Id be gutted. Id never celebrate a goal against us. 56 15.69%
A wry smile may creep across my face 172 48.18%
Id clap my hands (but without a clapper) 20 5.60%
Openly cheering as if Palace has scored 41 11.48%
Partying like after Kevin Phillips penalty 68 19.05%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Maybe Its Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I've not said I don't want Brighton to go down. I've just said I don't want it to be down to us losing to send them down! I'd rather we beat Cardiff but Brighton still go down regardless
Old 17-04-2019, 11:51 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
I'd rather we win. The rivalry is pretty much dead anyway.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:55 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
Its injury time, a Cardiff goal puts them three points ahead of the weed. Would you celebrate?

Yes.

If one of our players goes through on goal in the 93rd min, Ill run on the pitch and slide tackle the fukker.

Being responsible for them going down would feel me with pure unadulterated joy
Old 17-04-2019, 12:14 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Losing might cost us 2m in place money - but Mr Bloom would have a shit fit over the amount of money they would be losing!

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm assuming Cardiff will lose to Liverpool at the weekend, in which case if we get 1 point out of the next 2 games we'd be guaranteed to be 6 points ahead of Cardiff minimum when we play them. With goal difference that's as good as mathematically safe. If we're not 6 points clear of them when we play them I will just want to win it (or draw) to make us safe, even if it means Brighton stay up. Worry about us first!

Brighton could easily win at the weekend away at Wolves, who seem to enjoy giving away points to sides in the bottom half of the table. Brighton also have Newcastle at home in between now and then. I think if Brighton get 4 points from their remaining games they will probably stay up. Their other 3 games (Spurs and Arsenal away and City at home) are very tough but they are capable of getting a surprise result.

Madden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
I'd rather we win. The rivalry is pretty much dead anyway.
This is true for many Palace fans although Brighton try to keep it alive as they have no real rivals. Always makes me laugh when it is described as a "bitter rivalry" when in reality most Palace fans don't know any Brighton fans and don't give a sh1t about them!
Old 17-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Tele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betray
Who gives a toss. Always want Palace to win. What others do is up to them. Losing might cost us a couple of million.
Might chuckle for a second or two though. Brighton fan I work with is a right twit.
Old 17-04-2019, 12:52 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How is this even a thread? Who would ever celebrate a goal against us?
Brighton getting relegated would be funny, but it’s “palace first” for me.
Thread is embarrassing f.
Old 17-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
This is true for many Palace fans although Brighton try to keep it alive as they have no real rivals. Always makes me laugh when it is described as a "bitter rivalry" when in reality most Palace fans don't know any Brighton fans and don't give a sh1t about them!
I disagree - a lot of Palace fans live in Sussex (having been brought up in the area/or those who have moved from Croydon/London) so there is a big crossover in the fan bases.
Old 17-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I would laugh a lot, but in the long term it's better if we play them than if we don't.
Old 17-04-2019, 01:32 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd rather we win and end the season finishing above Bournemouth, Newcastle and West Ham.

If we do lose, I suppose every cloud has a silver lining...
Old 17-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
Is there another rivalry in the country that would be played out in front of a 1/3 full stadium if the teams were to meet in the third round of the FA cup?
Old 17-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Is there another rivalry in the country that would be played out in front of a 1/3 full stadium if the teams were to meet in the third round of the FA cup?
Exactly, any "rivalry" was killed off that night. An embarrassment.
Old 17-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Can see Brighton maybe getting 2 wins from 5 left ... But Wolves are playing well, and Newcastle need the points ... So a good chance Brighton don't win again this season regardless.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:04 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
We all know this is pointless speculation as Brighton are guarsnteed to beat Spurs as Spurs always f up against relegation haunted teams at end of season and will be so full of themselves having got to CL semis theyll sit back and bask in the glory...finish outside top 4 and lose to Ajax in both legs......
Old 18-04-2019, 01:22 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't think I could cheer but would be on the pitch with them at the end!
Old 18-04-2019, 05:07 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could never want us to concede a goal. Under any circumstances. Don't really give too much of a toss about any other team to be honest, if it's at the expense of Palace.
Old 18-04-2019, 05:31 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
We all know this is pointless speculation as Brighton are guarsnteed to beat Spurs as Spurs always f up against relegation haunted teams at end of season and will be so full of themselves having got to CL semis theyll sit back and bask in the glory...finish outside top 4 and lose to Ajax in both legs......
Quite possible
Old 18-04-2019, 06:10 AM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post

Prob get good odds on that
Old 18-04-2019, 07:15 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why on earth would any Palace fan want to see Cardiff score against us and we get BEATEN, simply so that it punishes Brighton. Would it not be far more benefical for Palace fans to Win ALL our remaining games instead? stuff Brighton they will get what they deserve. I cant understand the logic of some fans.