Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If Wilf handed in a transfer request do we think more clubs would be in for him?
Old 01-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I think his entourage/family are definitely trying to stir things, whether with Wilf’s explicit backing or not.

He was given a good contract increase last season, probably with an agreement to discuss a move at the end of 2018/19. The seemingly well managed interviews etc around the end of the season clearly suggested we were ok with him going for European football, at a price we were happy with that would give us a decent return after the sell on. Just who that may have been is the issue. I suspect both parties expected the most likely to be Chelsea or Spurs, or maybe a European club. Wilf and his team may have hoped for Arsenal based on the stuff about boyhood fan etc, but as soon as they didn’t make the CL, their finances plunged below what may allow them to buy him this season. Spurs seem to have cooled and Chelsea are currently out of the game.

Look at the reality of signing him...we want between £80-100m to clear £60m minimum. At his age, that would be upfront or over two years, without loads of add ons for “potential”. At 26 coming up 27, he may get a 4 year deal, so the transfer comes in at a £20-25m pa hit on the new accounts. Add in at least £150k pw wages, or £7.5m pa, plus sign on fee, agent fee etc etc and the new club is looking at around £30-35m pa in the account - a huge sum for one player.

I think that with the extended contract, and the wage level, plus the penalty of the sell on, have almost made him unaffordable to all bar one or two clubs - and I don’t think Arsenal in their current financial state are one of them. I sense some panic in his team at the likelihood of a move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 01-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
It’ll get done - my guess would be £40m plus another £10m add ons, plus two players (maybe three).
Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I reckon our strategy will be to stretch it out as long as we can.

If Arsenal buy somone else for any kind of fee, they won't be able to even honour the bid they've supposedly made. If they sell they likes of Aubameyang, at least we stand to get a reasonable price. If it goes to deadline day, we can just reject everything below 80 million on the grounds we wouldn't have time to sign a replacement.

Werner Herzog
Old 01-07-2019, 09:04 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Itíll get done - my guess would be £40m plus another £10m add ons, plus two players (maybe three).
Player exchanges hardly ever happen. Donít see this being any different
Old 01-07-2019, 09:05 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
They won't give us anyone good

Jenkinson and Chambers
Old 01-07-2019, 09:07 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
This ^^^

What does the sale of AWB to Man Utd say to Wilf? Just let Wilf go, he deserves better. We should have leveraged his ability properly and signed some players but instead we sold the most talented young player at the club, and expected Zaha to just sit back and take the wages. Itís a testament to his character that Wilf is ambitious and not just driven by money. You canít blame him for not being enamoured by our future project. Cabaye gone. RLC gone. AWB gone. Not replaced adequately.

You canít doubt the contribution he made: Wilf is the main reason we have had so many seasons of top flight football in a row. I will always be grateful to him but itís time for him to move on, and he goes with my blessing at least. You canít blame his brother for caring about his family. Good luck Wilf.
echo this.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprkorngod View Post
If Wilf handed in a transfer request do we think more clubs would be in for him?
no
Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
no
Cause he's over rated?
Old 01-07-2019, 09:09 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
**** off Arsenal.

£80 million in cash up front, or **** off.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:09 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
echo this.
He gets paid £130k a week. Excuse me if I find it hard to sympathise with his predicament
Old 01-07-2019, 09:10 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Arsenal supporters I know canít believe they are after Wilf when they really need at least 2 quality defenders. Is Arsenalís interest a smokescreen for something else?
Wilfs agency do need him to move soon though to get that last big payday
Old 01-07-2019, 09:10 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
£40M+Maitland Niles and Reiss Nelson would be very tempting. The pair would fit Hodgson's 442 like a glove. Although I'm not sure the likelihood of either joining, particularly Maitland Niles who's been featuring in the first team quite a lot.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:11 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
as someone else said, i don't see how Arsenal actually need/want him. They have so many issues in other areas, going forward is really not one of them. Ok, Ramsey left, but was hardly a starter anyway. As others have said, back 4 and CM are their problems
Spot on.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:11 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Emery knows with him there’s a chance of top four without him. , Everton , West Ham and Leicester could finish above them. 90 / 100million or get lost . No to second raters like chambers and jenkinson.
Should we sell then almost certain to go down with SP and scouting teams acquisitions - if Clyne is the best they can come up with.

Last edited by aj4england; 01-07-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:12 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
He gets paid £130k a week. Excuse me if I find it hard to sympathise with his predicament
This, and his brother can **** off. If he leaves it'll be on our terms. If Arsenal can't make a sensible offer he won't be going there.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:12 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
**** off
Old 01-07-2019, 09:13 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
£40M+Maitland Niles and Reiss Nelson would be very tempting. The pair would fit Hodgson's 442 like a glove. Although I'm not sure the likelihood of either joining, particularly Maitland Niles who's been featuring in the first team quite a lot.
Doubt if Nelson would either . Reading their boards a lot is expected of him this season and the player is quoted that he loves the club and wants to try and force his way into first team . .
Old 01-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
**** off

What he said.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:14 PM

Any players that come our way in an exchange deal will be

1 Crap.

2 Half hearted at best about signing for us.
Closed Thread