Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 05:33 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I'm quite liking the Wilf on the right Jeff on the left scenario. Wilf can still cut inside and take players on, Jeff can come a bit narrower and shoot, and both players can make first time crosses on their natural foot.

It's an improvement on Wilf left Townsend right IMO when crosses were a rarity and our play was often quite predictable. The main thing I think we need to work on is both wide players making runs inside to get into scoring positions. That'd be quite exciting as they're both capable of scoring goals.

Werner Herzog
Old 01-09-2019, 06:06 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Well, if Wilf does want that move, I don't think these 'subdued' performances are helping - Only likely to put off any potential buyers.
Spurs up next and they have been linked before, so Wilf will surely want to put on a good, committed display, to impress them ?
I'm sure they were impressed with the fact that his brother said he has always wanted to play for his boyhood team in Arsenal and that was his "dream move". Him and his associates really did **** themselves during the summer window. Parish played a blinder.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:30 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I'm quite liking the Wilf on the right Jeff on the left scenario. Wilf can still cut inside and take players on, Jeff can come a bit narrower and shoot, and both players can make first time crosses on their natural foot.

It's an improvement on Wilf left Townsend right IMO when crosses were a rarity and our play was often quite predictable. The main thing I think we need to work on is both wide players making runs inside to get into scoring positions. That'd be quite exciting as they're both capable of scoring goals.

Not to mention Schlupp can tackle
Old 01-09-2019, 07:11 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've always thought that part of Benteke's problem is we had a right footed winger on the left and and left footed one on the right meaning he never got crosses from the byline and there was always a delay getting a cross in as the wingers had to cut inside before getting in a cross.

Obviously with Jordan goal machine up front things are slightly different but i don't think Wilf cares what side he plays and Schluppy for me is a better option than Andros. He makes us much more solid defensively and he offers just as much a goal threat.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looking at the Villareal v Madrid game - Karl Toko Ekambi looks like he might be a useful Wilf replacement
Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:

Excellent analysis. Completely agree with you as well. We look so much better with Townsend out of the team as we now have a player who can take on the player on the outside and cross first time from the right. Zaha on the right in home games has also always worked a treat.

Going forwards though, I think we will need to get Wilf further forward. We can't have such a talented player tracking back, and it would be great if he could be given even more licence to drift inside to get closer to the central striker and into the box when we are attacking down the left especially. Away from home Zaha can just have licence to roam in the final third, he's perfected it.

But that then moves me to the next point. For once we had crosses raining into the box, and the irony is Benteke was nowhere to be seen! It's a shame because I think he would thrive with the sort of service we saw in this game. I do wonder if Benteke will eventually displace Ayew as the central striker. And if he does, and we continue with the 4-3-3 I think that Ayew is ahead of Schlupp to play wide left as he works harder and is more of a goal threat as he showed at Swansea when playing on the left. Schlupp's greater pace would be an amazing asset off the bench with his greater pace. I think we will eventually stumble on our perfect attacking 3, especially for home games:

Zaha-------Benteke--------Ayew

And if you look at it, Zaha scored 10 goals last season, and Ayew could still have got into those positions to score the 2 goals he has scored if he was playing wide left; one was a flick on and a run in between the right back and centre back from the left, and the other was a run from the left channel out of almost nothing. There's nothing in his career portfolio to suggest he's a poacher or a finisher. But there's plenty of evidence that Benteke can score poacher goals if on form and given the right service. And plenty of evidence that Ayew can score from wide left.

Last edited by glaziers fan; 02-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:47 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Has refused to turn out for Ivory Coast again citing "personal problems".
Old 07-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Can TAK put this thread on hiatus?

At least until December 31st!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:12 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Has refused to turn out for Ivory Coast again citing "personal problems".
Good news for us but wilf needs to sort his head out and refocus on us .
Old 07-09-2019, 10:23 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
I've always thought that part of Benteke's problem is we had a right footed winger on the left and and left footed one on the right meaning he never got crosses from the byline and there was always a delay getting a cross in as the wingers had to cut inside before getting in a cross.
Actually never thought of that and it is a valid point, if you're a striker that's supposedly good in the air then you do want crosses coming in from the wings that are curling away from the keeper as you run in to meet them.

Doesn't excuse Bentekes crapness infront of goal but it probably hasn't helped.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:12 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post

Obviously with Jordan goal machine up front things are slightly different but i don't think Wilf cares what side he plays and Schluppy for me is a better option than Andros. He makes us much more solid defensively and he offers just as much a goal threat.
We was notably more dangerous vs villa with the crosses coming in from the flanks quickly due to no checking back. When they check back those vital seconds give the opposition time to adjust.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Can TAK put this thread on hiatus?

At least until December 31st!
My pleasure.

Let's continue this Wilf discussion in Gen Palace since we're off the transfer topic.
Closed Thread