Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who is your MotM?
Guaita 240 59.85%
Wan-Bissaka 37 9.23%
Kelly 40 9.98%
Dann 15 3.74%
van Aanholt 5 1.25%
Meyer * 7 1.75%
McArthur 22 5.49%
Milivojevic 9 2.24%
Kouyaté 17 4.24%
Zaha 4 1.00%
Benteke 2 0.50%
Townsend * (72 mins) 3 0.75%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-04-2019, 06:07 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really boring game yet again. Thought Everton looked like a pretty decent side to be fair to them but we helped this too. I’m sure Roy will come away happy with a point and I supppse as a result on paper it’s a good one, but it doesn’t mask the fact that there were some awful performances out there today.

PvA seems to have returned to being the player that I thought would never play for the club again after Bristol City in the cup last season. Constantly out of position and no real effort to get back at any point. I would genuinely be surprised if he starts next week.

Wilf was absolutely dreadful today. I can’t really work out what he was doing up front if he’s going to spend the whole game 20 odd yards away from benteke. Surely when we brought Townsend on it was the time to change formation and try and get some balls into the box.

Very fortunate to have Vicente on the pitch today there is no way Wayne would be saving that one. That’s a keeper who wins you points.

Overall though the whole game was summed up perfectly at the end. Give the opportunity to attack in the last minute with a throw in, insist on AWB taking it and then completely ballsing it up anyway. Out throw ins both when we have them and are defending them were yet again pathetic but that’s probably a whole other debate.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Really? Surely there should be SOME entertainment
TF I missed it.
I did make the point that I didn't go today. I would have been a bit underwhelmed if I had.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:16 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fair enough. I missed that. Looks like we both had a let off. Roy PLEASE attack Bournemouth
Old 27-04-2019, 06:19 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you were an Everton fan you would have not said it was a boring game. They were bright throughout, their movement was excellent and had they made better decisions in our area they would have won pretty easily.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A.
Complete.
Load.
Of.
Shit.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:26 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
PVA appears to have given up even trying to defend now. We should be looking to replace him this Summer.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
…………….

Very fortunate to have Vicente on the pitch today there is no way Wayne would be saving that one. That’s a keeper who wins you points.

……………………...
In my view its him that's kept us up not Royboy.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
I get the.impression that like most of the supporters, Wilf is simply pissed off with the way we play.
Not those of us who were at Arsenal six days ago. He was superb as were all the other players. Today he wasn't.

Pissed off with the resources doled out by the tight fists running the club on the other hand, now that's a different story.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
McArthur did that a couple of times but I don't remember Meyer doing it.
It was the best move of the whole game from us, early on and he hit the side netting after being slid in by Wilf
Old 27-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And it ended the LWLW sequence which for us OCD types hurts even more
Old 27-04-2019, 06:36 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I blame the drummer time for someone who can put some beat and tempo into the drumming it might Even get the players going no more of this monotonous bang bang bang bang
Old 27-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Not those of us who were at Arsenal six days ago. He was superb as were all the other players. Today he wasn't.

Pissed off with the resources doled out by the tight fists running the club on the other hand, now that's a different story.
The tight fists that pay him £130k every week to perform every week not when he feels like it
Old 27-04-2019, 06:39 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
VG MOM
Everton looked the better team...but similarly shite in final third.
We looked as if we were happy with a point with a good 15/20 mins to go. Jimmy looked knackered and Sako would have given attacking impetus (but weaken us defensively... Roy chose to stick with the point).
What a meh season at Selhurst, still plenty of work to do to try and improve this home form...
Old 27-04-2019, 06:39 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
PVA appears to have given up even trying to defend now. We should be looking to replace him this Summer.
This.

He really is a lazy player. He’d be first on my list of players to sell to generate some funds to invest elsewhere.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:46 PM
I'm listening ....

xian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace 0 Everton 0

Guaita and AWB were good, PVA is barely a footballer at the moment. Poor passing and defensive positioning. Wilf looked heavy legged today as if his heart wasn’t in it. The rest were ok.

Hodgson sat down on the bench with 6 mins to go, he had two subs left, I can’t believe he was happy with the 11 on the pitch. Is Batshuayi on a pay by game rate, he didn’t even warm up til the last 10 mins. I decided a while ago that I wasn’t going criticise RH because of our league position but boys that was another boring patchy display today. I couldn’t even work out our pattern of play.

Dare I say it, I think we miss Schlupp a little bit ...
Old 27-04-2019, 06:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Everyone on here seems to be saying that PVA is an awful defender and needs to go.

But we kept a clean sheet and actually defended well today and PVA made one superb recovery tackle. He also got very little protection from Meyer and we didn't play to his attacking strengths either. I'm not saying he was great today but he didn't have even close to the stinker some people are making out.

The way some people always have to have a scapegoat is pretty sad. I don't get the hate.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita for that save, the rest was simply awful and BORING.

Dreadful afternoon, no excitement at all.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PVA? Is his successful pass rate in any of the matches I have seen him in, in past month, over 20%?
Old 27-04-2019, 06:50 PM

stayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
This.

He really is a lazy player. He’d be first on my list of players to sell to generate some funds to invest elsewhere.
cant understand why he was even bought back after ward did so well at arsenal last week( and he was out of position). he has been one of the weak links all season, along with some of the shocking passing, it was a bad day
Old 27-04-2019, 06:55 PM

davo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kouyate MOM
Guita, Luka and Dann above average
Not impressed with McArthur
Meyer played better in second half but not good enough overall
PVA has a lack of confidence, most passes going wrong... but did some crucial tackling at the beginning of the second half so just about ok.
The rest OK

Meyer, gave PVA no protection and can't tackle his way out of a paper bag. Half the player Loftus Cheek is

Wilf was dreadful

Roy, this is supposed to be entertainment, but at home you're boring us to death