Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-08-2019, 11:38 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Book launch? Is that all? FFS.
Yes I am sure Palace fans will have zero interest in a book from a player, an extremely influential one at that, who played in Palace's greatest team, so will naturally will be really pissed off that he has bothered to write a book and then have the cheek to tell everyone.
Old 28-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
All about ‘his journey.’ Probably lives around Shirley. Think he gets the tram.
I think he cycles.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-08-2019, 11:40 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Did Steve Parish write the Foreword
Old 28-08-2019, 11:45 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Yes I am sure Palace fans will have zero interest in a book from a player, an extremely influential one at that, who played in Palace's greatest team, so will naturally will be really pissed off that he has bothered to write a book and then have the cheek to tell everyone.
That's not the point I was making, as you well know. A book launch isn't an announcement, it's a book launch. Interesting maybe but unimportant in the scheme of things.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
I admire Mark Bright, I wonder why people seem to have some issue with him on here.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Did Steve Parish write the Foreword
Yes, in his helicopter whilst Bright was cradling his bollocks.

(I like MB by the way)
Old 28-08-2019, 12:22 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Ironically if he wasn’t still involved with the club people would falling over themselves to read his book...
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Will probably be a good read to be fair

Last edited by regal_eagle; 29-08-2019 at 12:04 AM.
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
That's not the point I was making, as you well know. A book launch isn't an announcement, it's a book launch. Interesting maybe but unimportant in the scheme of things.
Yep ..its an announcement you are right ..An announcement about his. Book being launched , but still an announcement . Whats your problem with a very respected ex palace player doing this , bearing in mind a lot of palace fans will be keen to read it ? I wouldn't have known about this unless there had been an announcement . so perhaps this grounbreaking idea might just catch on for other authors eh ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 28-08-2019, 12:27 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He should have brought out a book called 'Palace's banter strikers since the Wright & Bright era' - would have had a good chance of winning comedy book of the year.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Palace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I admire Mark Bright, I wonder why people seem to have some issue with him on here.
Honestly don’t get some of the replies on here, it seems people just hate every aspect of the club.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
One of the weirdest thing about this site, against some fairly stiff competition. He was one of the very best strikers of his type we've ever had, and seems a perfectly decent and intelligent bloke with a feeling for our club. I didn't know the back story about being taken into care, which as you say, makes what he's achieved seem even more admirable.
I get the jokes, just don't get the venom.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:44 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Honestly don’t get some of the replies on here, it seems people just hate every aspect of the club.
ha ha - it's people keeping themselves entertained. Nothing more.

MY STORY

The book that you all haven't asked for.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:48 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
He's more intelligent than the average footballer, so it could be an interesting read.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I've met Brighty a few times and he was always a top bloke with some really interesting and insightful stories.

As nice as they come apart from giving a bit of banter as we were refereeing a football game he was coaching a side in

Personally I'd happily read it.
Old 28-08-2019, 12:59 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I never realised he had such a troubled start in life. He must’ve kept that well hidden as I’m sure I would’ve picked up on it somewhere along the line. Maybe I did and just forgot.

I don’t get all the jibes towards him too. Have had the pleasure in talking to him more than once over the years and always comes across as a personable guy...and he LOVES Palace and wants the best for us - like Parish. I just don’t get the negativity. I think some people need to address their own bitterness and jealousy’s before criticising others.

Can’t wait for the book to come out.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 28-08-2019, 01:38 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never knew he was in foster care. Sounds like an interesting story also well done on his achievements.
Old 28-08-2019, 01:42 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I never realised he had such a troubled start in life. He must’ve kept that well hidden as I’m sure I would’ve picked up on it somewhere along the line. Maybe I did and just forgot.

I don’t get all the jibes towards him too. Have had the pleasure in talking to him more than once over the years and always comes across as a personable guy...and he LOVES Palace and wants the best for us - like Parish. I just don’t get the negativity. I think some people need to address their own bitterness and jealousy’s before criticising others.

Can’t wait for the book to come out.

I don’t get it either. I think it maybe because he is always with SP.
Old 28-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Bright at his best was miles better than any striker currently at the club

Last edited by firesign; 28-08-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 28-08-2019, 02:24 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I love Bright, despite him playing for Millwall. His nutty celebration in the semi final when he scored, the rocket against Millwall to win 4-3, the fact he'd rough up so called hardman centre backs. I'll still take the piss out of him for his bromance with Parish, with no malice intended. And I'll read his book too.