Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Well that was all rather disappointing

Never looked at it from the first play. Not clear in thinking or decision making. Complete opposite to last week

Absolutely beasted up front and couldn’t get any ball.

Fair play to the Saffers. Well deserved on the day.

Garces was shit but then he generally is. Summed up by him clapping the crowd when collecting his medal, kissing it and raising his hands aloft like he’d won the WC himself. Narcissistic ****

Wasn’t his fault we lost though, we just didn’t turn up.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
How'd the egg chasers do? I had a very nice lie-in
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Well that was all rather disappointing

Never looked at it from the first play. Not clear in thinking or decision making. Complete opposite to last week

Absolutely beasted up front and couldn’t get any ball.

Fair play to the Saffers. Well deserved on the day.

Garces was shit but then he generally is. Summed up by him clapping the crowd when collecting his medal, kissing it and raising his hands aloft like he’d won the WC himself. Narcissistic ****

Wasn’t his fault we lost though, we just didn’t turn up.
That was a rather strange reaction I must say. Would’ve much preferred the welsh bloke, is it Owens?

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Curling .... the jocks have won that.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
How'd the egg chasers do? I had a very nice lie-in
They won
Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Finals? They’ll be a National week of celebration if they ever made it out of the group stages.
Seems as good as any time to remind ourselves of the lyrics of that famous Scottish pop record released prior to the 1978 World Cup

We're on the march with Ally's Army
We're going to the Argentine
And we'll really shake them up
When we win the World Cup
'Cause Scotland are the greatest football team

I've heard it said that Beckenbauer's the best that's ever been
Some people think that Pele is the greatest that they've seen
There's Bobby Moore and Charlton, England's famous two
But Ally's tartan army love the boys in Scotland's blue

When it comes to managers, we surely got the champ
When Docherty and Ormond left to join some other camp
We had to get a man who could make all Scotland proud
He's our Muhammad Ali; he's Alistair MacLeod

When we reach the Argentine we're really gonna show
The world a brand of football that they could never know
We're representing Britain; we've got to do or die
For England cannae dae it 'cause they didnae qualify
Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
They won
Well done, Tonga.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:13 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Hard luck England. Not going to do any standard Welsh crowing as it's shit losing in big games.

After last weekend I knew Saffas would be niggly bastards to play against but surprised by final result tbh.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rats, I was looking forward to never hearing the end about the greatest team/victory in the entire history of rugby/humanity etc etc. Still, at least it'll save money on the knighthoods.

Congratulations to SA.

Alba gu bràth!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm not joking when I say that I distinctly remember that last time England won the RWC (or, as we now must call it, the Men's World Cup), it was seriously suggested that England v France should always be the final match of the 6N (i.e. effectively the final) on the basis that, in future, none of the other nations could possibly compete.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
I'm not joking when I say that I distinctly remember that last time England won the RWC (or, as we now must call it, the Men's World Cup), it was seriously suggested that England v France should always be the final match of the 6N (i.e. effectively the final) on the basis that, in future, none of the other nations could possibly compete.
Phew, I wasn't imagining it.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Instead, we are talking of those rugby grandees – many of them attached to Twickenham, others to the BBC – who, during the early years of this decade, seriously suggested that the final game of a Six Nations Championship should always be between England and France, on account of the fact that nobody else mattered."
Old 02-11-2019, 01:28 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
It has to be said apart from everything else the game hinged on the scrum and the numerous penalties we conceded from them. Not helped by the 3rd minute loss of a prop and the eagerness of the ref to give them, it really shaped the game, gave SA the lead and once we were chasing the game against a brick wall of a defence we were always going to leak chances.

I've never seen England so dominated at the scrum and its clear that if you concede such dominance and penalties every time you have a scrum then its very hard to even think about winning a game.

There were other things, the passing was atrocious and SA had done their homework to disrupt our passing shapes, we also seemed to use all out luck up against NZ, the ball just didn't run our way at any point.
Frankly i'm amazed we were still in the game at 55 mins but then Farrell missed a pen, they scored one immediately and after that the writing was on the wall.

I thought SA would be a tough nut to crack and so it proved, they knew how to stop England attacking and where there weaknesses were.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:46 PM

redeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Finals? They’ll be a National week of celebration if they ever made it out of the group stages.
And a year's celebration if they actually qualify for a tournament in the first place.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Jim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS MurrayJim Bhoy FFS Murray
South Africa were not shown the respect that they deserve by the English press or supporters. Nick Easter in the Standard last night said that he could see no reason why England wouldn't win the next 2 World cups. How about concentrating on winning the 1st one before you start talking about 2023? England under Jones have a habit of choking in big games. This year alone they didn't win the Grand Slam, 6 Nations, Triple Crown or even the Calcutta cup, yet most people were convinced they would beat a country that they have a really bad record against, particularly in World cups. Gatland was spot on with his peaked too early comments.