Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-09-2019, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
It should be a non-story. An inoffensive joke between team mates, although Bernardo Silva probably should have thought before posting it online to the snowflakes on the internet that get offended by anything, but then so should most people with most things they post nowadays.
It was a joke that offended a lot of people. Therefore, it WAS offensive, that's the point. That is what offensive means.

It doesn't have to offend everyone, it doesn't have to have been deliberate, but if it offends people then it is by its very definition offensive.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I guess some black peeps might feel offended, but apart from the Kick it Out fellows expressing disappointment I haven't seen any black folks actually going on bad, just the usual white chaps on here posting their PC credentials
Look around on the Internet a bit. There are a lot of black people who were offended by it. I think it was on the BBC's Facebook Post on the story that I saw a lot of black people expressing their offense. And a depressing number of white people dismissing it as 'banter'.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
I guess some black peeps might feel offended, but apart from the Kick it Out fellows expressing disappointment I haven't seen any black folks actually going on bad, just the usual white chaps on here posting their PC credentials
Indeed. Such a bunch of arselickers, desperate for approval. Sad life they must lead.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:07 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It was a joke that offended a lot of people. Therefore, it WAS offensive, that's the point. That is what offensive means.

It doesn't have to offend everyone, it doesn't have to have been deliberate, but if it offends people then it is by its very definition offensive.
Using that logic, you could say pretty much anything is offensive.

This is just people trying to get in a fuss for the sake of getting in a fuss.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
Yep, some people just like finding things to be offended about.
I dont see anyone offended. People just think Silva is an idiot.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:51 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post

That’s a very ambiguous threshold for what is and isn’t offensive.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:52 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Eddie McGoldrick's tash;14927809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post

You're completely missing the point. They were subjected to that because they were Irish not because of their skin colour!! They weren't discriminated against because they were white!! It isnt the same thing we are talking about here.

Also, are you suggesting Irish people still now face the same disadvantages and everyday prejudice as black people do? Because they don't. Some maybe but on nothing like the same scale. Just look at the recent social media abuse faced by Rashford, Pogba and Wilf. The issue at Hartlepool a week or two ago.

Read carefully the quote you made, that I responded to. And no, I am not suggesting that Irish people are suffering much prejudice these days.That is why the word history was included in my post. By the way did you partake in the Jamie McCiean thread??
Old 28-09-2019, 01:12 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I dont see anyone offended. People just think Silva is an idiot.
I asked a black person whom I know well what she thought and she said that Bernardo should have known better than to send it, but when I asked if she herself was offended she said “Me? He didn’t send it to me!” I think that is quite logical and telling, although on the other hand she did also indicate that she might have been upset for a family member if it had been sent to them for everyone to see. She believes that Spanish have a history of racism

My conclusion, as a white person... Most black people will be able to shrug it off but it could be upsetting for a vulnerable or easily offended black person or a black person who is frustrated because they have previously suffered racism or prejudice, so one should think twice before making jokes of this nature
Old 28-09-2019, 01:22 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Probably not the time or place or thread, but I'm always intrigued as to how the whole white Americans calling me a "Limey", making fun of my accent and doing really bad impressions of it in a Dick Van Dyke way, and telling me they "Kicked your ass in the War of Independence" fits in with all this?

Personally I've always laughed it off, but frankly at the same time it gets old. After 39 years here, I think I've probably heard it all before, don't you think?
Old 28-09-2019, 01:33 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Probably not the time or place or thread, but I'm always intrigued as to how the whole white Americans calling me a "Limey", making fun of my accent and doing really bad impressions of it in a Dick Van Dyke way, and telling me they "Kicked your ass in the War of Independence" fits in with all this?

Personally I've always laughed it off, but frankly at the same time it gets old. After 39 years here, I think I've probably heard it all before, don't you think?
You have obviously coped with this outrage as well as you can, but why haven't you posted about it on the BBS before? Some on here would be only too happy to get furious on your behalf
Old 28-09-2019, 01:49 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
You have obviously coped with this outrage as well as you can, but why haven't you posted about it on the BBS before? Some on here would be only too happy to get furious on your behalf
To be honest, I think I have... but it's all part of the British "Stiff upper lip" thing I believe.

I really can laugh it off, but at the same time something deep inside of me is somewhat insulted.

Certainly not trying to compare it to the insults people of colour have to endure, but I do scratch my head sometimes as to the difference. Mocking is mocking anyway you look at it.
Old 28-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There are certain things you can say to your friends (who know it's just a joke and you mean no harm) that you simply can't publish on your public profile. I'm sure Mendy is fine with the tweet, but Silva could have DM'ed it to his friends instead of putting it out to the world where it can very easily be mis-interpreted (or rather, interpreted).

I'm sure we've all made some pretty dark jokes amongst friends that we wouldn't just blurt out in public, at work, etc. This is one of those cases.

Compare this to Wayne Hennessey's Nazi salute scandal earlier this year. We didn't condemn Wayne as a racist. We condemned him as an idiot. You just can't do certain things when strangers will see it.

Last edited by Chas; 28-09-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Certainly not trying to compare it to the insults people of colour have to endure, but I do scratch my head sometimes as to the difference. Mocking is mocking anyway you look at it.
Tangent but I think the phrase ‘people of colour’ which has been adopted by the US, creates the exact opposite ideology that it is trying to move away from. Putting people in a box, that is viewed as some sensitive box creates caution in people’s minds and create a difference between people and groups created. The more we move towards groups the more issues will emerge.

How far does people of colour go, does it include a Japanese person for example, What is the definition?

Im also happy to have my opinion change if someone thinks calling people POC is great. Just to me it is creating a taboo.

Last edited by MFBias; 29-09-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:20 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Tangent but I think the phrase ‘people of colour’ which has been adopted by the US, creates the exact opposite ideology that it is trying to move away from. Putting people in a box, that is viewed as some sensitive box creates caution in people’s minds and create a difference between people and groups created. The more we move towards groups the more issues will emerge.

How far does people of colour go, does it include a Japanese person for example, What is the definition?

Im also happy to have my opinion change if someone thinks calling people POC is great. Just to me it is creating a taboo.
The problem is that we can’t really move away from people being categorized into groups. That’d be the classic ‘let’s just ignore race’ idea, which, nice as it sounds, would mean discrimination and inequality never being properly addressed. We need to acknowledge that people often get treated differently for the colour of their skin, and therefore this ‘POC’ stuff is a necessary evil.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is this you being outraged at anticipated outrage?

Blimey we got a blizzard in here.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:39 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Charged by FA
Old 02-10-2019, 10:00 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Kick It Out desperate to justify their positions and salaries again I see. Funny old world.
you're just a white man who has probably faced very little discrimination in their life - this thread serves as a good reminder that most people who sit around you at Palace have very low intellects and small minded views of the world and other human beings
Old 02-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Charged by FA
They don't miss easy opportunities like this
Old 02-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
you're just a white man who has probably faced very little discrimination in their life - this thread serves as a good reminder that most people who sit around you at Palace have very low intellects and small minded views of the world and other human beings
Careful, you are in danger of coming across as someone who sits around him.....