Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-10-2019, 06:41 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Shaw has always spoken his mind which has meant not toeing the party line at times. I don't think him being so frank and opinionated impressed the club hierarchy and may be a major factor in his departure. Just my opinion based on impression I've got.

It’s good speaking your mind in private, but maybe not so smart if he has undermined his employers to staff/players/media.
Shaw is one of my fav players ever. Great man marker.. who marked *****na so well, he lost his shit.
Old 30-10-2019, 09:55 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Conversely it may have been known some time ago that Shaw was going to go and Derry was brought in for a smooth transition.
Thats how it looks to me.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 30-10-2019, 10:27 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Conversely it may have been known some time ago that Shaw was going to go and Derry was brought in for a smooth transition.
Yes looks very much the case seems to me almost like a hand over period agreed between Shaw and the club.

Wonder where he will end up in his next job?
Old 30-10-2019, 01:42 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I was wondering if it was linked to the club not sending some of these older U23 players out on loan. We know the players seem to be frustrated about it and maybe Shaw also disagreed with the club's approach?

A difference in opinion about the approach to U23s?

There does seem to be some discontent in that a group at the moment.

Of course I am purely wondering out loud and that could all be well wide of the mark.
There does seem to be a log jam to get a game in u23 Flanagan Kirby lokilo Tavares daly ect all seem to struggle for game time some might have been for injurys
Old 30-10-2019, 01:47 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Thank you and good luck to Richard Shaw. I shall fondly remember him for many things - not least being a stalwart of Sir Steve's teams ... and, of course, his relentless kicking of Eric Cantona during the game in which that incident occurred.
Old 30-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
You cannot kick somebody sitting in your pocket !
Old 30-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
There does seem to be a log jam to get a game in u23 Flanagan Kirby lokilo Tavares daly ect all seem to struggle for game time some might have been for injurys
Richard has always been publicly supportive of his boys. It must be soul destroying for him to know that every year so many of them must be cast adrift, some with only an outside chance of securing a move to even a National League club.

Next summer, Tavares, McGregor and Flanagan are among those who may need to move on. There is always pressure from below with U18s needing to step up to progress.

James Daly was clearly one of Shaws favourites but must also be at risk, with Rob Street seen by many as having more potential as our regular striker.
Old 30-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Totally understand that Shawsy is well liked on here, but think it's fair to point out that the 23s results have been very poor this season. Also that players like Flanagan, Lokilo, McGregor, Kirby & Daly don't seem to have improved under Richard for two or three years. Certainly no one has broken through into the first team squad since he's been in charge with one notable exception, but it wasn't even his idea to play AWB at right back
Old 30-10-2019, 03:02 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Palace seems to have a pretty good record of producing players who move on to success as coaches or managers.
It's a shame that we don't seem able to hang on to well-regarded coaches (or managers). Palace is unfashionable and apparently not a big draw for talented coaches.

Watch the mood change on here if Richard Shaw turns up at a rival Prem club !
When Gary Cahill retires, I got a feeling he'd make a great coach as would Scott Dann. But for now I think we need to employ coaches based on merit. There must be some reputable unemployed coaches out there we could pick up
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall

Last edited by Jordan555x; 30-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
When Gary Cahill retires, I got a feeling he'd make a great coach as would Scott Dann. But for now I think we need to employ coaches based on merit. There must be some reputable unemployed coaches out there we could pick up
Scott Dann has already got involved in other interests, investing in renewable energy. Just a hunch but I don't think he will stay in the game.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
You of course assume Cahill would want to. He may well be lined up for a role at Chelsea especially if Lampard is still around.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Totally understand that Shawsy is well liked on here, but think it's fair to point out that the 23s results have been very poor this season. Also that players like Flanagan, Lokilo, McGregor, Kirby & Daly don't seem to have improved under Richard for two or three years. Certainly no one has broken through into the first team squad since he's been in charge with one notable exception, but it wasn't even his idea to play AWB at right back
The reason players haven't improved is because they can't improve at U23 level. The standard is nowhere near high enough for the likes of Kirby who needs to play first team football.

You can't improve players unless they are playing against top quality players every week and for things that mean something.

It's also the players themselves. Unfortunately some of the players just haven't kicked on because they aren't good enough.

Shaw was, by multiple accounts from people I have spoken to, and my own observations, an excellent coach for Palace and the right man in charge of the 23s.

Naïve to blame him for the lack of progress of those players, and represents a misunderstanding of academy football. As it does when results being poor is suggested as a reason for him leaving. Results were poor when they put AWB at RB, sometimes you have to sacrifice the team for the individual.

To address the rumours about it being a managed thing, it wasn't, it was fairly sudden.

It's absurd to blame any individual for the lack of any academy players breaking through. It's extremely difficult to do it in the PL. None broke through when Issott was U21 manager, does that mean it was his fault?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 30-10-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 30-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
The reason players haven't improved is because they can't improve at U23 level. The standard is nowhere near high enough for the likes of Kirby who needs to play first team football.

You can't improve players unless they are playing against top quality players every week and for things that mean something.

It's also the players themselves. Unfortunately some of the players just haven't kicked on because they aren't good enough.

Shaw was, by multiple accounts from people I have spoken to, and my own observations, an excellent coach for Palace and the right man in charge of the 23s.

Naïve to blame him for the lack of progress of those players, and represents a misunderstanding of academy football. As it does when results being poor is suggested as a reason for him leaving. Results were poor when they put AWB at RB, sometimes you have to sacrifice the team for the individual.

To address the rumours about it being a managed thing, it wasn't, it was fairly sudden.
Thanks for the added insight Woosie.
Old 30-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I'll be writing a broader and more in-depth academy piece soon

Old 30-10-2019, 06:04 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I'll be writing a broader and more in-depth academy piece soon
Any views on a replacement or is Shaun Derry a shoe in?
Old 30-10-2019, 06:09 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
You cannot kick somebody sitting in your pocket !
Is the correct answer , hate Venables with a passion but at least he recognised Shaw’s ability.
Old 30-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Is the correct answer , hate Venables with a passion but at least he recognised Shaw’s ability.
Did Shaw play under Venereal ??
Old 30-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Any views on a replacement or is Shaun Derry a shoe in?
Think you'll find that out tomorrow

Old 30-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
What did Venables have to do with RS?
Old 30-10-2019, 06:38 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Did Shaw play under Venereal ??
No but did get involved in training with England iircc .