Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Switched yesterday evening - all quite straightforward.

It says you have until 31st December to switch, for those who have not yet done it.

A minor annoyance, previously mentioned on here somewhere, is that when you cut and paste the Universal URL into XCIPTV it adds a rogue '/' on the end which f***s it up and gives you an error message when you try to connect.

The XCIPTV app looks pretty good, and the Universal service, so far, seems pretty slick and reliable.

Hopefully payment through Authorize.net is straightforward (haven't had time to look - please tell me that they take Visa etc.?) mine expires in October so all being well I'll renew for a year. The price looks good:

Product/Service: SD 1 Connection
Payment Method: Authorize.net
Amount: $44.99 USD
Billing Cycle: Annually
Old 11-09-2019, 06:55 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Not the built in wifi model but still a good price.
Fair enough. Itís another £10 for the Wi-fi model.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:56 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post

It says you have until 31st December to switch, for those who have not yet done it.

A minor annoyance, previously mentioned on here somewhere, is that when you cut and paste the Universal URL into XCIPTV it adds a rogue '/' on the end which f***s it up and gives you an error message when you try to connect.

The XCIPTV app looks pretty good, and the Universal service, so far, seems pretty slick and reliable.

Hopefully payment through Authorize.net is straightforward (haven't had time to look - please tell me that they take Visa etc.?) mine expires in October so all being well I'll renew for a year. The price looks good:

Personally wouldn't pay for any sub anually
Old 11-09-2019, 08:09 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Personally wouldn't pay for any sub anually
I can appreciate that and I've had a service go out the blue mid term but for £35 a year, I too would take that gamble. Donkey has been around for years and Universal is the same company with the same personnel, just rebranded.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:15 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I can appreciate that and I've had a service go out the blue mid term but for £35 a year, I too would take that gamble. Donkey has been around for years and Universal is the same company with the same personnel, just rebranded.
I thought Winston shut down Donkey and Universal was a pre-existing IPTV that absorbed current Donkey subscribers, is that not the case then?
Old 11-09-2019, 08:19 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

44.99? For a year?

Mine is asking for 80 dollars!!
Old 11-09-2019, 08:20 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I see, it’s defaulted me to 3 connections! Oooohhhhh
Old 11-09-2019, 08:52 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
I thought Winston shut down Donkey and Universal was a pre-existing IPTV that absorbed current Donkey subscribers, is that not the case then?
I'm not doubting you but that's not what I was led to believe. I thought it was a brand new service with improved servers etc.

I was one of the trial'ers when we moved over and the initial support page on Telegram. There was no talk of it being an established provider beforehand and the devs said in the process of the website no being ready in the lead up to the release.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I see, itís defaulted me to 3 connections! Oooohhhhh
I might go for the three connections - I've just been trying out the multi-screen feature of XCIPTV on my phone and really like the idea of having Palace as the big screen and other match updates etc. on a smaller display. Plus it means I could watch one on my TV and one on my pad etc.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
XCIPTV app on android not working for some reason

Login Failed! Please check your Server address, Username and Password

Checked and re-entered all as per email following switch from the Donkey but continue to get the above? Anyone else having problems?
Old 11-09-2019, 01:59 PM

Clicked again and all working now?!
Old 11-09-2019, 01:59 PM

Where do you go to change the random password Universal generates?
Old 11-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Login to universalsportstv.net with your email address and the OLD sportsdonkey password then go to

Services
My Services
click on the SD 1 Connection entry
Click on the big green IPTV Service Details button
from there you can SHOW or UPDATE your hieroglyphic password
Old 11-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Where do you go to change the random password Universal generates?
You can do it on the Universal site in the account area. It wasn't particularly obvious and I can't remember where it was I'm afraid!
Old 11-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Login to universalsportstv.net with your email address and the OLD sportsdonkey password then go to

Services
My Services
click on the SD 1 Connection entry
Click on the big green IPTV Service Details button
from there you can SHOW or UPDATE your hieroglyphic password
Much better than my explanation!
Old 11-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
Much better than my explanation!
I was just going through it a minute before he asked
Old 11-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Lovely, cheers chaps
Old 11-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Oh and here's a little Brucey bonus...

When it asks you to choose between a single or triple connection - choose the triple. You will then get the triple for FREE until your subscription expires, otherwise you will get a SINGLE connection until your subscription expires!
Old 11-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Hmmm not sure what I am doing wrong but I have completed the transfer, email verification etc. and can log into members area without any issue. But whenever I try to login via web page or via an app with the new login details provided I get invalid details every time. Raised a ticket and I have double checked everything I can but can't see what I am doing wrong. ;(
Old 11-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Hmmm not sure what I am doing wrong but I have completed the transfer, email verification etc. and can log into members area without any issue. But whenever I try to login via web page or via an app with the new login details provided I get invalid details every time. Raised a ticket and I have double checked everything I can but can't see what I am doing wrong. ;(
You use your email and OLD Donkey pwd to get into the members area / website, you use the NEW id and NEW password to log in to view streams within the IPTV app.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A '/' ON THE END OF THE URL -

To view the link you have to Register or Login

By default it sticks a slash on the end and you can't always see it when you paste it in.