Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 03-09-2019, 10:32 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Cheers Jam - took some of the 25s, the best I could get this morning with bet365.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:07 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Will be travelling with work and compiling my 20 NH Horses for the 19/20 season. Thoughts, feedbacks, comments welcome and will range from Championship horses to some 110 dogs no doubt
Old 04-09-2019, 09:08 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
:P No probs! The more I watch that ride the worse it gets to be honest but what do you expect from Frank Spencer.

Probably won't be good enough but I'm happy having a punt at a big price.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Agreed - last of the bridle then sent him on a very weird angle through traffic....
Old 09-09-2019, 09:51 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How is Bruce Millington still trying to drone on about about having whip free racing? Guy is a complete and utter bell end. His opinion is completely irrelevant on anything so I have no idea why anywhere bothers giving him an outlet to spout his drivel.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:57 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Will be travelling with work and compiling my 20 NH Horses for the 19/20 season. Thoughts, feedbacks, comments welcome and will range from Championship horses to some 110 dogs no doubt
My only horse to follow really at this stage is King Roland. Think he will be one of the best horses around if he fulfills potential.

Wants slow ground and stays. Have taken 33/1 for any race at Cheltenham and Ballymore which is probably his target but who knows.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:07 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Putting aside the fact he's one of us I don't get the negativity towards him. Yes I don't agree with him on some things (his sticking up for FOBTs was surely driven by his employers which I thought was disappointing) but he's always got an opinion and is happy to put his head above the parapet and argue his stance, plus you can't fault his passion and enthusiasm for racing or sport and his podcast presenting is brilliant (entertaining while not taking over).

He also tipped up Alaphilippe for the Tour de France this year at 200/1 to win, 14/1 top 10, explained how he'd get yellow early on, hold it then struggle to finish it (he traded odds on before fading) by far the most enjoyable bet I've ever had, just shy of 3 weeks of hope of landing the big one, in then end a good win (that should have been huge had I not got greedy in the last week!)

But he's one of us and that's enough for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
How is Bruce Millington still trying to drone on about about having whip free racing? Guy is a complete and utter bell end. His opinion is completely irrelevant on anything so I have no idea why anywhere bothers giving him an outlet to spout his drivel.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Agreed Jam - King Roland is very exciting, hoping he can stay fit and healthy.

Others to note from me at this stage

Dargiannini - Harry Whittingdon horse that hopefully may go under the radar - 1/2 brother to Keeper Hill and related to Shattered Love and Irish Cavalier. Could be one for bumpers this season.

Cloth Cap - could be primed for another go at the Scottish National but would fancy in the Welsh National first. had come off a long time off the track through illness and suspect want completely 100% when 3rd in the SN. Still very unexposed over fences. Given connections wouldnt surprise me if he turned up at Aintree if he can string two or three good performances together over the next six months

Champagne Court - wasnt disgraced when 4th in the Martin Pipe but looks like a chaser so anything over hurdles was a bonus.

Faustinovick - one of the more obvious one having been 2nd to Andy Dufrense in a point. Tizzard gets them to be chasers so could expect more this year.

Liosduin Bhearna - brother to Cloth Cap - exciting over fences

Danny Kirwan, Dannywhizzbang and Zyon - all paul Nicholls. First two could be great over fences, particularly Danny Kirwan. Zyon could definitely improve over hurdles this year.

Benatar - Gary Moore horse was primed for a go at the BetVictor that stablemate Baron Alco won but noises from the yard said they expected Benatar to go well before being a non-runner on the day. Struggled the rest of the season that ended in Jan, wouldnt be surprised to see another shot at the BetVictor, this time of a 1lb lower mark than what would have been in 2018

Some from the smaller stables over hurdles
Thomas Macdonagh and Shantewe - Jamie Snowden
Crypto - Micky Hammond

Last edited by aj4england; 11-09-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:50 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
Putting aside the fact he's one of us I don't get the negativity towards him. Yes I don't agree with him on some things (his sticking up for FOBTs was surely driven by his employers which I thought was disappointing) but he's always got an opinion and is happy to put his head above the parapet and argue his stance, plus you can't fault his passion and enthusiasm for racing or sport and his podcast presenting is brilliant (entertaining while not taking over).

He also tipped up Alaphilippe for the Tour de France this year at 200/1 to win, 14/1 top 10, explained how he'd get yellow early on, hold it then struggle to finish it (he traded odds on before fading) by far the most enjoyable bet I've ever had, just shy of 3 weeks of hope of landing the big one, in then end a good win (that should have been huge had I not got greedy in the last week!)

But he's one of us and that's enough for me
He might be enthusiastic about racing but unfortunately for him, most of what his says is complete and utter crap. His constant bleeting about the whip is a prime example of this. Palace or not I don't really care about his viewpoint on anything, he also did his best to ruin the Racing Post as a brand and is largely to blame for the massive dip in sales during his tenure.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fair enough, each to their own
Old 11-09-2019, 01:04 PM
So then I says to Mabel

I mean you just need to watch 30 secs of his argument to realise what shit he is spouting. He reckons that because we had 600 amateur and conditionals races last year (hands and heels) and these were a success (massively debatable as amateur races are ripe with some absolutely shocking rides) we can then apply it to every other race...

He also speaks about loving racing and saying he wants it to thrive yet seems to pick this issue as the one that is holding it back the most. Deluded much.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:05 PM

I agree with you on the whip issue, but he’s welcome to his opinion even though I might not agree with it. He talks a lot of sense on many other issues, especially football.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:54 AM
So then I says to Mabel

As stated, Pinatubo is a beast.
Old 16-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Between him, Kerr and the new girl, they’re attempting to ruin the sport.

The girl was slagging the whip off as not needed and bad for the sport, and then she tweeted about holding one at Epsom and that it was her first time holding one. And this is the future of the racing media?

No wonder the Irish laugh at us.
Old 16-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wouldn’t want to compare a horse to Frankel, but he’s better than TDH was last year. He’s destroying all opposition on all sorts of tracks.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Hamsey U13+U12

eagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Thought he's run at Ascot was good, but a bit workmanlike though the time obviously suggested otherwise,the run at Goodwood was v good beating Grp 2+3 horses like they were handicappers, but yesterday was just breathtaking,the acceleration between 5+6 furlongs was as good as anything I've seen, probably the best 2yr old performance since Frankel, dare I say it, as good as anything Frankel did at two.
Old 17-09-2019, 08:16 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Wouldn’t want to compare a horse to Frankel, but he’s better than TDH was last year. He’s destroying all opposition on all sorts of tracks.
Yep. Good horses always going to draw that comparison but time will tell. Agree with TDH comment and like eagles073 said, probably has matched if not bettered Frankel's early 2yo form. Will have to go some way to win the 2000Gs like he did though.
Old Today, 07:17 AM

Call me a mug but I purchased the Paul Ferguson jumpers to follow guide for the first time this week. Realise it is not very everyones taste, but when i am so keen for National Hunt to be back, it is a great read and well put together. Due to its popularity, probably prices for all the hidden horses will be gone quickly but hoping to unearth a few gems from it.

Will summarise the horses that feature most regularly in it and also have started using Twitter more to see jockeys postings i.e. yesterday Willy Twiston Davies posted that Al Dancer will win the Arkle in 2020, perhaps tongue in cheek but in a game of deceit and lies, apparent transparency is a good thing.
Old Today, 07:20 AM

Also had a tip from a friend whose most successful punting race is the Ayr Gold cup, backing last few winners (last year 28/1 dead heat he backed, not the 5/1 shot) and has been telling me about Hey Jonesy for some time. Still at 25s so wouldnt be going mad on it, down to its lowest mark for over 2 years and in theory will carry 6lb less than its last race. Visor first time too may sharpen him up and at 25s may be worth a bit of change tomorrow.

Trainer has also won this race 4 out of the last 12 runnings at prices of 20, 16s, 11s and 11s.

Last edited by aj4england; Today at 07:23 AM.
Old Today, 07:53 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Paul Ferguson is great but it was too wordy for me when I won a free copy.

Hey Jonesy I have backed the last 2/3 times but haven't seen any signs of improvement since York. I will no doubt stick a free bet on but I backed Gulliver mid week at 20s.

Johnny G in the Bronze Cup today.