Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:56 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Careful, you are in danger of coming across as someone who sits around him.....
Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
6 game ban? Misses our game
Old 02-10-2019, 12:02 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post

Personally, I think Stirling should also get a 6 game ban for defending him. Zero tolerance for racists and their enablers.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Have a feeling it probably won't actually happen until after our game...
Old 02-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Shit or Bust

Shamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to get called Johnny Bravo in my last job (by both black and white people). Is this the same thing?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:27 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
It is simple. Racism is an underlying, frequently sub conscious product, which many of us will not be aware of but fuel through our apathy or bias.

This tweet, the image used is all about the colour of the skin being the subject matter - when on earth does someone compare white people like this, when there are no other redeemable visual similarities. It's just fuelling the focus on the colour of a black person's skin, their difference, it may not be mean spirited, or critical - but it is racism.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:35 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
It's just fuelling the focus on the colour of a black person's skin, their difference, it may not be mean spirited, or critical - but it is racism.
You make it sound like a black person should be ashamed or embarrassed by the color of their skin.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:40 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
I used to get called Johnny Bravo in my last job (by both black and white people). Is this the same thing?

I used to play in a majority black football team... they used to call a player “Rodney”. I thought it was because he was a bit slow... so they named him after Rodney from Only Fools And Horses... I found out later, it was because he hit a white player... and the players brothers/teammates gave him a kicking... the manager said he looked like Rodney King being beaten by cops.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Look around on the Internet a bit. There are a lot of black people who were offended by it. I think it was on the BBC's Facebook Post on the story that I saw a lot of black people expressing their offense. And a depressing number of white people dismissing it as 'banter'.
For some reason there's a lot of people out there determined to deny that racist things are racist
Old 02-10-2019, 05:01 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
For some reason there's a lot of people out there determined to deny that racist things are racist

Or... some people just have differing views (which happens on pretty much every subject)
Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like Mendy himself you mean?
Old 02-10-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely. The rush of people to defend the tweet is slightly more worrying than the tweet itself.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
It is simple. Racism is an underlying, frequently sub conscious product, which many of us will not be aware of but fuel through our apathy or bias.

This tweet, the image used is all about the colour of the skin being the subject matter - when on earth does someone compare white people like this, when there are no other redeemable visual similarities. It's just fuelling the focus on the colour of a black person's skin, their difference, it may not be mean spirited, or critical - but it is racism.
I’m sorry but I beg to differ. Racism isn’t about highlighting the distinction between people’s skin colour or different shape body parts. Ethnic variations are something that people can be proud of and should be celebrated - red hair, big lips, afros, mixed race skin, big blue eyes, big arse, whatever.

Racism is prejudice, discrimination and abuse directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that their race is inherently inferior.

If we scream racist every time someone mentions skin colour we blur the lines between the vile bigots that truly believe in racial superiority and those that enjoy and indulge in the joys of multi culturalism
Old 02-10-2019, 07:12 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
I’m sorry but I beg to differ. Racism isn’t about highlighting the distinction between people’s skin colour or different shape body parts. Ethnic variations are something that people can be proud of and should be celebrated - red hair, big lips, afros, mixed race skin, big blue eyes, big arse, whatever.

Racism is prejudice, discrimination and abuse directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that their race is inherently inferior.

If we scream racist every time someone mentions skin colour we blur the lines between the vile bigots that truly believe in racial superiority and those that enjoy and indulge in the joys of multi culturalism
Im glad youve pointed out to them the official definition, cos some of them think they wrote the dictionary.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:12 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like Rahim Sterling?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:18 PM

...before you chastise me i do find the tweet highly awkward..i actually cant believe that business (spanish foodstuffs wasnt it) is allowed to run with that logo! Id feel more insulted by the 'big lips' part of the image TBH.

but if Sterling doesnt feel offended, well, where does that leave it all?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Like Rahim Sterling?
BBC is even worse...they are now describing the coach of Dina Asher Smith as Blackie!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:10 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
...before you chastise me i do find the tweet highly awkward..i actually cant believe that business (spanish foodstuffs wasnt it) is allowed to run with that logo! Id feel more insulted by the 'big lips' part of the image TBH.

but if Sterling doesnt feel offended, well, where does that leave it all?
So the definition of whether something is racist all comes down to whether Raheem Sterling is personally offended?
Old 02-10-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
So the definition of whether something is racist all comes down to whether Raheem Sterling is personally offended?
Quite. And it's not as though he doesn't have a vested interest considering the team he is highly committed to would be disadvantaged by a key player being banned and if there was any disruption between the group. He quite rightly won't want to cause any division.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:59 PM
sleep chaser

I am uncomfortable that if you have a difference of opinion, there is the insinuation that you’re racist or a wrong un.

We live in a very binary world.