Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-01-2020, 08:40 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Iím reading the book atm and Iím actually very disappointed. I really want to know the story - in itself its fascinating- but as a text itís very bland and very repetitive.

Nothing against Brighty - heís a footballer not an author and I agree with all the good things people have said about him. Someone should have helped with the writing thatís all.
Ex-journalist Kevin Brennan co-wrote it.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím reading the book atm and Iím actually very disappointed. I really want to know the story - in itself its fascinating- but as a text itís very bland and very repetitive.

Nothing against Brighty - heís a footballer not an author and I agree with all the good things people have said about him. Someone should have helped with the writing thatís all.
I think as keen fans, we're hoping for exclusives - personal insights about key or significant moments. Things we wouldn't otherwise know.

There are some of these insights, however they come across as pretty dull memories/anecdotes really. As fans, we've already seen the big games, read the reports, seen interviews, even heard from former players at reunions, so there isn't much left to read to fill in any other gaps. I think in comparison, Ian Wright has had 3 books now, there's nothing left about him I care to read!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 08-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobos View Post
This is quite heartwarming and worth a watch if you have 10 mins.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I quite like the Ďcarí story with Wright, Bright & Thomas.
I read that in the book a couple of months back and I was terrified. I hear Brighty telling it on here and I'm pissing myself laughing.

Can you imagine how devastated we'd have been if that maniac with the gun had started firing??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 08-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Hate to say it, but in terms of his upbringing, you are right. So much time given to Nana Parton whereas our 1991 wonder season is given just a very small amount of attention. Great that he focussed so much on the 1990 cup run but most people buyingt the book are either Palace or Wednesday fans.
I'd have had no problem reading more about Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday stories as well. I love pretty much any football story from the 70s/80s/90s.

Love the Ronaldinho story as well.

Wish there'd been a bit more at Sion - that chairman sounded a great guy!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 14-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Yeah

The Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Planet : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've just read his book and I think I have come to the opposite conclusion. Would we have really learnt anything new about 1991? Felt we did get to know Brighty really well. Did a review - here - if anyone wants to look at it/disagree with it... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2020, 04:28 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Planet View Post
I've just read his book and I think I have come to the opposite conclusion. Would we have really learnt anything new about 1991? Felt we did get to know Brighty really well. Did a review - here - if anyone wants to look at it/disagree with it... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Very good review.

ďSupporting Palace has a certain cult value Ė like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.Ē
- John Peel
Old 15-09-2020, 06:13 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
He was on a channel.5 program.the other night about racism, he told a story about growing up in Stoke in the 70s, being of the same age it didnt shock me, but makes you feel very sad and ashamed.