Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2020, 08:20 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
with the lack of Testing facility in the country, is it time to ration tests to the over 45's as seems to be the age group that has the hard time with the virus?

from what has been posted in this thread under 45's & children generally have a easier time with the virus?. yes its good to have the stats on the amount of virus in the country but isn't that stat to ensure the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed and generally under 45's don't get hospitalised?
100k test a day are going into care homes according to Hancock.

How many teachers and NHS workers who have young children in school and childcare are under 45? If you want the NHS to run and children to be in school then key-workers and their families need to be at the top of the list.
Old 16-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
We have the best part of 250k testing capacity for tier 1 and 2. I suppose they could shift some over from Tier 4 but in all seriousness how the hell do we have a capacity problem and other countries do not when they have a) more cases and b) less capacity.

Something very weird is going.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-09-2020, 08:24 AM

west eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

How many teachers and NHS workers who have young children in school and childcare are under 45? If you want the NHS to run and children to be in school then key-workers and their families need to be at the top of the list.
agreed, but would seem we are some weeks away from being able to cope with the amount of testing required.
to my understanding (never had a test) there is no follow up process, just quarantine and take paracetamol? which you would probably be doing with a cold/flu?
Old 16-09-2020, 08:42 AM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
with the lack of Testing facility in the country, is it time to ration tests to the over 45's as seems to be the age group that has the hard time with the virus?

from what has been posted in this thread under 45's & children generally have a easier time with the virus?. yes its good to have the stats on the amount of virus in the country but isn't that stat to ensure the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed and generally under 45's don't get hospitalised?
It really hasnít helped with people suffering no symptoms wanting tests, people who arenít key workers stating that they are to get a test and this morning classic in the news report a fella who just fancied getting a test having had a holiday in Spain.

These are probably the same people grabbed all the toilet rolls and pasta etc etc
Old 16-09-2020, 08:43 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Well if you consider i) they didn't sack her and ii) they had enough PPE it's fairly clear.

Given her relative youth she's got form for been disingenuous, see her denial of attending a private school here. Seemingly she admits elsewhere that she did indeed attend a private school for 4 years. Good to see good, honest MPs coming through.
I remember pulling your pants down about this at the time.

Awaiting your apology.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-09-2020, 08:44 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I believe she was asked not to carry out any more shifts, so Its probably fair to say she was dismissed

More importantly there was no issue with PPE at the home she was working in, contrary to what she was voicing
Interested to understand why you believed she was lying?

Old 16-09-2020, 08:48 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
We have the best part of 250k testing capacity for tier 1 and 2. I suppose they could shift some over from Tier 4 but in all seriousness how the hell do we have a capacity problem and other countries do not when they have a) more cases and b) less capacity.

Can't help that basically every kid in the country has had the equivalent of a freshers week in terms of germ spread. Shit loads have fresh coughs and fevers (but not covid 19)
Old 16-09-2020, 08:48 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
I think sooner or later the established wisdom collected over many years of managing communicable diseases and epidemics/pandemics will emerge (as though they discovered it for themselves) and they'll disregard the mass testing plans.

It is another of these ideas that sounds good and shows that the Govt are 'doing something' to 'control' and 'beat' the virus.

However, it is fraught with challenges and unecessarily noisy data. Outbreaks should be gauged by the standard protocols that they have been for most of modern medicine - ill-people presenting to hospital and tested = case numbers. Hospital data and death data allows for crunching the numbers to estimate the ultimate prevalence of the disease through the epidemic.
Old 16-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
You are totally and utterly wrong on that, which backs up my suggestion to calm down. I donít think WE is a right wing stooge, and even think he may well be right in what heís saying. I just have some scepticism given he got it so wrong before with the same air of certainty.
Hmmm. If you mean he didnít get it entirely correct, then that puts him in common with pretty much every other expert on the planet.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-09-2020, 08:55 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Can't help that basically every kid in the country has had the equivalent of a freshers week in terms of germ spread. Shit loads have fresh coughs and fevers (but not covid 19)
But every country has that, and lower testing capacity.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-09-2020, 09:23 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

In the care home where my wife works they had been told to take a test every week. Sometimes they had someone in to the home to do it and other times she had to book up for a drive through test. If, nationally, there are getting on for 400,000 residents plus however many staff that is a lot of capacity. It is inconvenient for my wife as some weeks she had to go into the home on a day she wasn't working and, in any case, she has already had the virus back in April (badly) as proved by a positive antibody test.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

250k a day is over 1.5 million a week, sounds a lot. But does anyone know what is actually required?

Has the criteria about who and under what circumstances should be tested.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:11 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
How often do care givers working in old people's homes need testing?

If Johnny is sent home from school with a temperature, should he be tested before he returns?

If I have temperature should I get a test before I go back to work?
Old 16-09-2020, 10:13 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
250k a day is over 1.5 million a week, sounds a lot. But does anyone know what is actually required?

Has the criteria about who and under what circumstances should be tested.
I donít know what the demand is but the capacity is more than anyone else in the EU has. So why do we have a problem and no one else does? Especially given weíre still way more unopened than other countries are (we still have way way way way more WFH).

Itís weird. Really really weird.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
As this furlough scheme winds down and the mass redundancies start there is going to be a boom time for employment lawyers, a busy period for trade union officials, plus a frenzy of sacked people reporting breeches of the scheme by their firm.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:28 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Hmmm. If you mean he didnít get it entirely correct, then that puts him in common with pretty much every other expert on the planet.
I mean 40,000 was a HUGE error. But anyway itís what it is.

I just think maybe the posting style coming across with such certainty is what gets to me, especially with such a big mistake being made in the past. I actually think on balance I agree with much of his current view, but I donít think he should be so dismissive of others.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:29 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Given there has to be 45 days notice wouldn’t a sign of mass redundancies become apparent today?
Old 16-09-2020, 10:30 AM

Keep an eye on this. It's sounds dull but is a surprisingly good website for keeping up to date with employment issues and some good case studies.

To CR, my guess is that some firms will be holding back for now to see what the government does e.g. extend furlough but less generously or have something similar in place. There must be massive talks going on behind the scenes otherwise there will be serious social unrest this winter if unemployment rises too fast.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 16-09-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Given there has to be 45 days notice wouldn’t a sign of mass redundancies become apparent today?
Around now, yes. It’s not notice, but a consultation process.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:59 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well you'd think cock up Hancock would have already considered this, but probably far too obvious.