Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:35 AM

Brolin's Boots is playing for a contract
" FSA statement

The Football Supporters' Association said: "Every club will face different circumstances but the FSA believes it is crucial that supporters' groups receive genuine consultation from clubs in relation to season ticket pricing and policy.

"Season ticket holders should all have equal opportunity in any 'phased return' ticket ballot, while we would also like to see clubs make provisions for away fans and concessionary tickets.

"Pro-rata refund policies should be clear at the outset and no fan should be punished if they are unable to attend football because of underlying health concerns or financial issues."
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
A great twitter thread by Carl on the return of home and away fans football.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-09-2020, 07:49 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolin's Boots View Post
" FSA statement

The Football Supporters' Association said: "Every club will face different circumstances but the FSA believes it is crucial that supporters' groups receive genuine consultation from clubs in relation to season ticket pricing and policy.

"Season ticket holders should all have equal opportunity in any 'phased return' ticket ballot, while we would also like to see clubs make provisions for away fans and concessionary tickets.

"Pro-rata refund policies should be clear at the outset and no fan should be punished if they are unable to attend football because of underlying health concerns or financial issues."
The last paragraph is particularly interesting re cpfc policy.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:55 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Bet Nicola's going to get a shock when she logs onto her emails in five minutes.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:57 AM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
From what I have seen online, out of all the clubs offering some sort of season ticket deferral for this season we are the only club asking for medical proof/evidence of shielding.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:09 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
From what I have seen online, out of all the clubs offering some sort of season ticket deferral for this season we are the only club asking for medical proof/evidence of shielding.
We are.

My Arsenal mate is amazed - Arsenal more fan friendly than Palace? It seems so.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:19 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Looking at the BBC article we really are in a p!ss poor situation compared to a lot of other clubs.

Ridiculous.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 08:27 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
It's a pity that the BBC doesn't attempt to add any inference or observation to their (very good) collation. Perhaps if Palace are shamed in the national media then they might do something about this piss awful situation.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:29 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Bet Nicola's going to get a shock when she logs onto her emails in five minutes.
I was thinking that She has one from me for a start
Old 07-09-2020, 08:30 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
What about this for a solution?

Give all season ticket holders for 2019/20 the option to reserve their seats for 2021/22 free of charge.

And then, when we know when and how many fans are allowed in to individual games we sell to members only first come first served. Not ideal, but if our capacity is going to be 6000 for some games you'll never please everyone.

When capacity is back to, say, 20,000 offer the season tickets their preferred seats first. Like we do for cup games.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:34 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
What about this for a solution?

Give all season ticket holders for 2019/20 the option to reserve their seats for 2021/22 free of charge.

And then, when we know when and how many fans are allowed in to individual games we sell to members only first come first served. Not ideal, but if our capacity is going to be 6000 for some games you'll never please everyone.

When capacity is back to, say, 20,000 offer the season tickets their preferred seats first. Like we do for cup games.
The club won't give us anything free now.

I do hope enough people kick up enough stink the club is forced into backing down though.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
A great twitter thread by Carl on the return of home and away fans football.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Some excellent points made. Palace by their actions, putting people between a rock and a hard place are in effect breaking a lot of people's 'season ticket habit'

I know not all our fans renew every season, but this time around there is likely to be a massive 'drop off' of renewals.

In reality, you get say, 6 home league games all season. You go to most of them, resell those you can't get to, and get refunded on those you didn't get, so in the long run financially it's quite a 'cheap' season for those who renew.

However, not unreasonably, with far fewer games being given, fans understandably want to fork out much less than circa £500 for the season for what they are likely to get.

£250 over five, (interest free) monthly instalments would have been a more than sufficient balance to cover the cost of most peoples allocations.

I suspect a high % won't get back into the habit in 2021 either. £500 is a lot of money to find when you have broken the habit.

I think Palace are going to have to work very hard to attract fans back after all this.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 07-09-2020, 09:02 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
I think that the club could have made this renewal process easier.

It's a difficult time. We've seen how the pandemic closed football down. We saw the restart, no crowds, no atmosphere, poor performance by the team.

Given all the uncertainty, the choices for all should have been defer or renew.

I suspect that deferring option for all would have resulted in less people ditching their tickets completely.

It would have been clearer, and those renewing would get to see more games.

There will be those renewing who would prefer to defer and are currently feeling like they have been forced to renew.

That's not a good thing and will eventually alienate those supporters going forward.

If we don't survive in the top flight this season,there will be a huge drop off in support next year.
I remember when we got relegated in1981 crowds dropped like a stone because of bad feeling towards club noades and mullery a year or so earlier we were getting crowd over 40 000 and I think we averaged at nearly 30 000 . I can see similarities in this situation if we went down the last 7 years wasted over what realy do billionaires realy need to borrow money of working class fans?
Old 07-09-2020, 09:08 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I honestly don't think that Parish cares about loyal fans or the history of supporters, this is the man who sells 'loyalty' points, after all.

He must be fairly confident that people will snap up 'spare' season tickets, and presumably with a new set of fans comes a new set of shirts, hats, scarves, etc.?
Old 07-09-2020, 09:10 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I honestly don't think that Parish cares about loyal fans or the history of supporters, this is the man who sells 'loyalty' points, after all.

He must be fairly confident that people will snap up 'spare' season tickets, and presumably with a new set of fans comes a new set of shirts, hats, scarves, etc.?
All true until relegation calls. Then us long term fans suddenly become important again.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:17 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:

If he actually believes that, he is a mug. Unless we have 10K fans on a waiting list for STs () where are they coming from? Of the fanbase available that can and will attend games, I imagine most of them already were but some won't be now. What makes this worse is, if you are going to pull a stunt like this, you have to do it when the club's stock is at a premium, eg we are flying in the league and have a quality side. Not off the back of a shocking run in and when we still have lots of ageing players and are rolling the dice to stay up again.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:08 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I can see a lot of the ST holders that don't renew not renewing again when all back to normal. I don't doubt they will still follow and support the club, but will then just buy the odd ticket here and there.

Also, children that had previously been used to going to home games will find other activities or 'clubs' (not football related) and then you've lost them.

All the good work Palace have done, will all be wasted due to greed. If god knows how many thousand fans can see it (here, HOL, Twitter, FB etc), how can the 'powers that be', not?!

Last edited by andyocpfc; 07-09-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Fay Wray

If an adult defers and pays the £200 to 'skip a season' then presumably associated junior or child tickets that sit with them will be allowed to skip a season too? Do you have to pay the £200 for each of them as well???

To be honest I think I might just blow the whole thing out and watch the games on free streams or down the pub. And I've a season ticket pretty much every year for over 30 years now (and for a lot of that multiple season tickets).

Parish can f*** off.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:27 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
I honestly don't think that Parish cares about loyal fans
That might be your perception, but in all honesty I don't believe that for one minute.
No one will be more concerned about the reaction than SP.
I think we'll just have to see what the renewal/deferral numbers are come the start of the season.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Fay Wray

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I can see a lot of the ST holders that don't renew not renewing again when all back to normal. I don't doubt they will still follow and support the club, but will then just buy the odd ticket here and there.
The trouble is that me and my family and numerous mates and their families who all sit in the same small area together will never be able to get those seats back together again (unless we are relegated) - so it means that we are far less likely to return in dribs and drabs dotted around the ground