Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I worry for haye if he has broken his hand. That is the sort of injury that reoccurs and his power is his strong point.

Changed calzaghe as a fighter completely. Luckily he had more in his locker to compensate.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsunieagle
must say i had valuev up too. will probably feel digfferent in the morning but i've had a few.

we have a british heavyweight champion, ******* great!
Have to agree notts. Just watched the fight this morning. I am very suprised they gave it to haye. He showed great defensive work, but nothing going forward. Haye got one thing wrong in his tactics in my opinion, he needed to stay IN range throughout the fight, he needed to ensure that Valuev kept throwing punches to setup the grandstand finish in the 10th rather than the 2nd minute of the 12th.

Good to have a british champ again, I wont be watching that fight again though it was hardly all action!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Jim Watt the Sky commentator is a joke, clueless.

Haye won that fight, how he had Valuev 2 rounds up I do not know.
I disagree totally I like Haye ever such a lot and want him to do well but I agree with Jim Watt that if you are moving backwards the whole time and land two punches a round I dont think you have done any better than walking forwards the whole time and punching air.

If this had been WBC then Valuev would have won for showing more positive boxing I think that fair result would have been a draw, still Haye will go on to big great things now he will do well in the US and earn a hell of a lot of money and the fights going forward involving more fairly sized opponents will be awesome.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haye is definitely not Average.

The guy was more or less undisputed cruiser weight champ within roughly 21 fights; thats unheard of!

Add to that his KO %is almost 100%...he knocked out Mormeck(the then cruiser champ) in France after climbing off the canvas in the 4th.

The only reason he fought like he did last night was because there's no other way to beat the giant;Hollyfield did the same and in most peoples should have got the decision! Had he stood and traded punches he would have been KO'd!
It also looks like he broke his right hand in the 2nd round....on SSN his hand was heavily swollen with fingers taped together.

He will knock Ruiz out in 3 round in march, then bring on the KLITS!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy No.1

He will knock Ruiz out in 3 round in march, then bring on the KLITS!

Then he will get KTFO.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Haye showed that he can fight smart. I think Haye was up by at least 2 rounds as well, Jim Watt is utterly useless, ive lost count of the number of fights ive disagreed with him on.

When you think about, Haye was never going to stand and trade with someone 7st heavier than him. It wasnt a classic but he did what he had to against an awkward opponent and i think he was a deserved winner.

Ruiz will get KO inside 7.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Then he will get KTFO.
I think you may well be right there Icy.

There seems to be a wave of mounting hysteria generating around Haye winning this fight. My mate showed me his paper this morning (the Sun) which states "Haye is the new Ali" we will see how this all pans out, but Haye believes his own hype already, this is just going to add to it in my opinion.

I just cant see him winning against Vitali, who I assume will be the Klitshko he goes for first.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
The problem with Valuev is fighting him is no real indicator as to your chances against the much more technically gifted and more powerful brothers.

Valuev lost to chagaev and he simply could not live with Klitschko in his fight. Its a totally different skill beating the slow giant.

I personally had haye one up. You have to consider effective aggression as opposed to just aggresion. You give valuev some credit for trying to engage but you have to limit how much credit exactly as he very very very very rarely came close to landing anything.

Frustrating that Haye hurt his hand as i think he would have won more clearly otherwise. He Wouldn't have had to take much more risk to have doubled the amount he landed. I think the hand is part of the reason.

If they ever did fight again. Haye would be a convincing winner. He would realise valuev really doesn't have a plan b and even more doesn't have another gear to trouble haye late on.

Overall the right decision in my mind. Definitely the best decision as far as the division is concerned. I would have given dirrell the win over froch as well incidentally.

Opinion on haye overall doesn't change much. He is teh best of the rest by quite some margin. But not quite enough to beat the klits.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G
I think you may well be right there Icy.

There seems to be a wave of mounting hysteria generating around Haye winning this fight. My mate showed me his paper this morning (the Sun) which states "Haye is the new Ali" we will see how this all pans out, but Haye believes his own hype already, this is just going to add to it in my opinion.

I just cant see him winning against Vitali, who I assume will be the Klitshko he goes for first.

The WBA belt has never been so iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro
The problem with Valuev is fighting him is no real indicator as to your chances against the much more technically gifted and more powerful brothers.

Valuev lost to chagaev and he simply could not live with Klitschko in his fight. Its a totally different skill beating the slow giant.

I personally had haye one up. You have to consider effective aggression as opposed to just aggresion. You give valuev some credit for trying to engage but you have to limit how much credit exactly as he very very very very rarely came close to landing anything.

Frustrating that Haye hurt his hand as i think he would have won more clearly otherwise. He Wouldn't have had to take much more risk to have doubled the amount he landed. I think the hand is part of the reason.

If they ever did fight again. Haye would be a convincing winner. He would realise valuev really doesn't have a plan b and even more doesn't have another gear to trouble haye late on.

Overall the right decision in my mind. Definitely the best decision as far as the division is concerned. I would have given dirrell the win over froch as well incidentally.

Opinion on haye overall doesn't change much. He is teh best of the rest by quite some margin. But not quite enough to beat the klits.
Nice post. Its a shame the HW division is so lacklustre. Still well done Haye. He secured himself a few extra paydays with the title and should have what it takes to beat a mediocre Ruiz.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Interesting. We saw discipline from Haye. Was very surprised. Makes me think there might be more to him than most of us I suspect originally thought.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 PM

I think psychologically haye is spot on now. I think the pre fight talking is to generate interest and to make the money.

He definitely thinks more than he is given credit for. I watched him interviewed after the macaranelli fight and he spoke about how enzo ran to the ring with loads of nervous energy and how poor an approach he saw that as. People like monte barrett lose fights before a punch is thrown.

Does anyone know if booth has trained any other fighters? I might be doing him a disservice but he has never filled me with much confidence as a trainer.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
hed be a fool to go straight after Vitali, i can see him beating wlad if he can get in range. That huge left hand that rattle Valuev at the end would of left Wlad in a gibbering reck on the floor. The key of course is if he can get near enough to land it. I agree with you about Vitali, no chance. The guys a monster.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot
hed be a fool to go straight after Vitali, i can see him beating wlad if he can get in range. That huge left hand that rattle Valuev at the end would of left Wlad in a gibbering reck on the floor. The key of course is if he can get near enough to land it. I agree with you about Vitali, no chance. The guys a monster.
They are not unbeatable I suppose. You have to give haye a chance based purely on his punching power. He really does hit very hard!!

He will have to take more though. Which is where the doubt comes from.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot
Agree AJ, I just thought (from memory) there seemed to be more bad blood with Wladimir and therefore with his 2 belts could be the latter of the 2 fights (if they happen).

Either way, if Haye were to come through those 2 with victories, then believe the hype, Haye would go down as a very good heavyweight in my opinion, maybe not a great though.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Question!

Quote:
Agree AJ, I just thought (from memory) there seemed to be more bad blood with Wladimir and therefore with his 2 belts could be the latter of the 2 fights (if they happen).

Either way, if Haye were to come through those 2 with victories, then believe the hype, Haye would go down as a very good heavyweight in my opinion, maybe not a great though.
I think Vitali, would want to protect his bro know that there is a big chance he could get KTFO would also want the fight first. That would be the sensible way for the Klits to do it. If he gets those two wins, unifies the HW division then he is a hall of famer, no doubt. Just cant see him getting close to Vitali, im not sure even Hayes massive punches would trouble him. Still, time has gotta catch up with him eventually so you never know!!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting discussion. I feel he would beat Wlad - the winner of that fight would be the one who lands first and I feel that would be Haye based on superior speed. At this moment in time Haye would probably lose on SD/UD against Vitali. But after disposing of Ruiz he will be better than he is now, he would only go in as a small underdog if the fight were to happen later half of next year.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh and totally agree with Embassy. He could have stayed at Cruiserweight and still be undisputed champion now without having to exert himself that much. It is admirable that he moved up without knowing if he could hold his own (he admitted this before the MB fight), and that VK is the only HW at the moment who most feel would win against Haye more often than not.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
the Ruiz fight could be a bit of a snoozefest, he is someone who just someone who doesn't excite, can't see it a big ppv seller or putting a lot of bums on seats.

I just don't know how he has managed to stay in title contention.

Haye will easily outpoint him, (if not stop him) he would do well to watch Roy Jones schooling him.

Then go for Vlad I'd wager, I remember the very limited, but hard hitting Corrie Sanders destroying him about 5/6 years back.

Vitali would be the much stiffer test, but he won't go on for ever, father time will come calling one day
Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Oh and totally agree with Embassy. He could have stayed at Cruiserweight and still be undisputed champion now without having to exert himself that much. It is admirable that he moved up without knowing if he could hold his own (he admitted this before the MB fight), and that VK is the only HW at the moment who most feel would win against Haye more often than not.
Could you imagine with Hopkins talking about fighting at cruiserweight!! He might be significantly smaller than haye but he is the kind of fighter that really would test haye on so many levels. If he could live with hayes power that is.

The build up would be superb entertainment both absoluteley brilliant at the arrogant nastiness that creates the story that make a fight so anticipated.

I see Roy Jones is still going beat jeff lacey and is now fighting some guy over in australia. I know he had very little left to prove but I really wish calzaghe had kept going.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Calzaghe had nothing left to prove, however a showdown with Chad Dawson would have been interesting!