Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
WZ16

Sambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love Manfredo, have done since his Contender days and casually followed his progress since then.

His attitude has changed big time, he didn't use to be this arrogant.

He will lose tonight. He'll be done by the 7th or 8th round.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 PM
In training

Ifill Good is starting to shape up
Quote:
Originally posted by Sambuccy
I love Manfredo, have done since his Contender days and casually followed his progress since then.

His attitude has changed big time, he didn't use to be this arrogant.

He will lose tonight. He'll be done by the 7th or 8th round.
Hope he gets done quicker! I wanna watch the rest of MOTD!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 PM
WZ16

Sambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haha, yeah me too. Flicking between the two at the moment.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
So he is the reality TV boxer?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
In training

Quote:
Originally posted by Oisin
So he is the reality TV boxer?
Yeah, think he was the runner up a couple of years back.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 PM
WZ16

Yeah, he went out early on and then someone pulled out the competition and he got voted back in.

Lost in the final to Sergio Mora, who has since beaten him again. I think the general feeling was that the decision the first time round was wrong. Thought he'd done enough to win it.

Those three losses are the only 3 on his record as far as I know.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:49 PM
WZ16

Yep, he's 25-3
Old 07-04-2007, 09:51 PM
In training

Calzaghe done it!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:51 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
And that...is that.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Hmmm, a bit controversial but there's no doubt the better fighter won
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
In training

Loadsa match of the day left aswel!! Perfect timing!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:54 PM
WZ16

He did look well out of his league but I don't think that was enough to stop the fight.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was a bit early but there was only one winner. Manfredo was like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Yet another fighter who underestimated Joe.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Wasn't me

it was annoying that in the two main fights the challenger basically froze, took a beating and lost in the third round. Fight fans can be a bit annoyed that the Calzaghe fight was stopped denying them some fun but Manfredo can't complain. For thirty seconds he just stood there taking the punches and did nothing. The ref can argue he wasn't moving so how was he to know how bad he was hurt? How did he plan to win without throwing any punches?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Precisely - I thought it was early, but I counted at least 60 unanswered punches in the whole of that round so Manfredo gave the ref no choice.

Enzo battered that muppet Gunn too.

Enzo Calzaghe trained 7 fighters yesterday, and they all won! Not a bad record at all!

Did I hear right that Kessler pulled out of a Calzaghe fight? FW is gonna make a massive offer to Jermain Taylor apparently, so hopefully we'll see an August clash between the two.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shocking boxing card by Frank Warren. Joe Calzaghe, Enzo Maccarinelli and Amir Khan had the most uncompetitive fights ever. Only Michael Jennings came out of the debacle with any credit.

Calzaghe did what he had to do against a fighter who froze in the third round. He would have been battered if the fight had continued much longer.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 AM

levster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklevster sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Would love to see John Thaxton fight Amir Khan for the British title. Thaxton would knock him out, no worries..
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Like some of you guys, I had a few quibbles with the Saturday show:

The judges scoring of the Jennings fight was Awful, he was miles in front of a declining Takaloo

Who sanctioned Gunn as a creditable opponent for Enzo?

Manfredo's an ok fighter, but he'd only ever fought twice at super middleweight, a lamb to the slaughter for Calzaghe, who is a natural light-heavy..

Khan-Thaxton would be good, I think Khan would win, but Thaxton would test him.

Looking forward to seeing the contender fights, I know they've already taken place, over the next six weeks on itv 4
Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to Cardiff on Satuday and can say that I was a bit dissapointed with the card Warren put out but at least it was exciting1 I would prefer to see a knockout in the third than a borring points decison.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Shocking boxing card by Frank Warren. Joe Calzaghe, Enzo Maccarinelli and Amir Khan had the most uncompetitive fights ever. Only Michael Jennings came out of the debacle with any credit.
I enjoyed the boxing skills on display in the Jennings v Takaloo bout. How sprightly was Jennings? On his toes for the whole fight. If he was a puncher, to go with his seemingly endless energy then he could be a great boxer.

I also thought the ref stopped the Calzaghe fight too early although Manfredo wasn't returning punches. I think I was disappointed as I wanted him to be properly dismantled due to his arrogance. He seemed a bit more dignified afterwards though.

The ex bare knuckle boxer Gunn was out of his depth against Maccarinelli and it showed.

And Khan was given another straight forward opponent. I know he's on a learning curve but I think all boxing fans would like to see him stretched to see how far he has come and (if indeed) how far he has to go. Very fast hands though.