Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-05-2020, 01:20 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
I read somewhere (My South London maybe?) that they’re taking the ground floor only to launch a new type of Next Beauty store so I think the plan is that it’ll be separate.
Beauty stores post corona / with social distancing will be an interesting concept.

Friend working on strategy for a well known brand has been tasked with coming for a strategy for this exact problem. Opening up new stores surprisingly isn't part of the strategy.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
I read somewhere (My South London maybe?) that they’re taking the ground floor only to launch a new type of Next Beauty store so I think the plan is that it’ll be separate.
Yes, Its's not the entire building;

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-05-2020, 03:34 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep.

That’s what I wrote.

The final paragraph was just my speculation, as it might not be economic for Next to have 2 large premises so close in the long run. So combine the two at the largest one.
Old 20-05-2020, 05:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I see in Property Week today they mention that Amazon are taking over the old Toys R Us as a distribution centre.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:16 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
So East Croydon Station to move 100 yards (New Civil Engineer).
Old 03-06-2020, 05:17 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Thats nothing to what they have planned for the junction outside the station.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:31 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Old 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM

Erm. I think there could be some disruption here. Having said that it’s badly needed.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
That picture of the flyovers looks like a lot of concrete!
Old 03-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
How much will this cost?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:15 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Video in the link below which also suggests Norwood Junction is potentially going to have a revamp to.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:48 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I do hope they hang fire on this. One of the biggest knock on effects to lockdown will be more people working from home.

My fiance usually worked from home 1 day a week, and obviously now hasn't been in the office for months now. She's hoping that the long-term will be working from home either 2 or 3 days a week instead. However, yesterday she took a call and was told it was very likely that her team would be full time working from home, even when everything goes back to normal.

If say that is the case for 25% of office commuters, then surely less trains are needed for rush hour?
Old 04-06-2020, 05:54 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Gutted that wasn't a real layout.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:58 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Curtains for the Porter & Sorter, if that goes ahead; Gloucester Road becomes a dead-end.

And imagine all the eyesores of all those flyovers and dive-unders - the graffiti.

Something definitely needs to be done with EC, NJ and the bottleneck, but I don't have any faith in architects not to create more problems with the built environment.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:01 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I do hope they hang fire on this. One of the biggest knock on effects to lockdown will be more people working from home.

My fiance usually worked from home 1 day a week, and obviously now hasn't been in the office for months now. She's hoping that the long-term will be working from home either 2 or 3 days a week instead. However, yesterday she took a call and was told it was very likely that her team would be full time working from home, even when everything goes back to normal.

If say that is the case for 25% of office commuters, then surely less trains are needed for rush hour?
My colleagues in France and Italy have mainly been desperate to get back into the office. My colleagues Germany and the U.K. are mainly cool to work from home on an ongoing basis.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:

What does she do? And does she want to WFH full time? (I certainly wouldn't.)

Currently rush hour trains are bursting at the seams. If you removed 25% of passengers at a stroke, some trains would still be standing room-only by the time they got to East Croydon in the morning!

And unless Covid turns into a real nasty bastard, the population is only going to grow. Infrastructure projects like this have to think in terms of decades - what we build today will have to cater for the next 50 years or more. And it's reasonable to assume, absent of the invention some kind of sci-fi technology we can't conceive today, that the demand in, say, 30 years' time will be much more than today.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:36 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
She deals with local council complaints. She doesn't want to work from home full time.

I know it can work for some people, but I think it really shows what matters to companies at the end of the day - £££. WFH full time just cannot be good for your mental or physical health, but it means the chance to downsize office space and that saves money. All that guff about them caring for your mental health is a load of bollocks.

She had a 10 minute walk to the train station, then a 10 minute walk to work at the other end, and on lunch she went to the gym. I think out of everything, the gym is what she is missing the most.

My old workplace have really used this situation as a way to strip away perks. When I was there, the holiday allowance was insane - I had 36 12 hour shifts off a year, working 4on 4off. For those who are still there, this will be reduced to 23 days.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:51 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
She deals with local council complaints. She doesn't want to work from home full time.

I know it can work for some people, but I think it really shows what matters to companies at the end of the day - £££. WFH full time just cannot be good for your mental or physical health, but it means the chance to downsize office space and that saves money. All that guff about them caring for your mental health is a load of bollocks.

She had a 10 minute walk to the train station, then a 10 minute walk to work at the other end, and on lunch she went to the gym. I think out of everything, the gym is what she is missing the most.

My old workplace have really used this situation as a way to strip away perks. When I was there, the holiday allowance was insane - I had 36 12 hour shifts off a year, working 4on 4off. For those who are still there, this will be reduced to 23 days.
This pandemic has shown up a few companies. A broker mate of mine works for a firm where they've kept the office in the City open throughout and are putting increasing pressure on all staff to come in, even though it's technically possible (IT) to WFH, and absolutely every other firm in the industry has closed their doors and got everyone WFH. The only possible explanation is that the owner/CEO is a psychopath.

Anyway, that's off-topic.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Hearing a few stories via my friends and kids that they are meeting friends/old friends who have been moved out by Croydon Council and housed in Kent - particularly Maidstone it seems. Is this a Croydon Council policy? If so we could get quite an increase in Palace fans although we have a fair few already.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:18 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
How much will this cost?
#who cares it is needed.

SaulAlinsky