Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are you still going out
Carrying on going out 16 4.31%
Going out but less than normal 38 10.24%
Barely going out at all 229 61.73%
Self isolating Like a hermt 88 23.72%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-03-2020, 09:42 PM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Because they are controlled spaces, controlled in terms of how many in and out.
Dear Maidstoned Eagle

Yes controlled in one of my supermarkets with staff on the door only letting in customers as customers left from another door.The queue leading to the front door was long but people spaced themselves out voluntarily with no need for staff to intervene and insist that people stay further apart.The same applies to a small local store with a controlled entrance and customers keeping their distance in the queue.Very civilised,no altercations leading to fisticuffs,no sign of any aggression.In the local streets people keep their distance and some even walk on to the empty roads to avoid residents walking along the path.People in my 'Neck of the woods' in verdant Surrey very aware of the need for social-distancing and some have been wearing face masks.My good self and my good lady wife only leaving the house for essentials and some exercise, so spending most of the day within four walls.Not good for us being together for such long periods in the house, we will probably get as snappy and cross-tempered as a gouty corgi.Healthwise at the moment we feel fine but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Last edited by Trolley; 28-03-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 28-03-2020, 09:58 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably why the UK will move to another level within the next few days. I didn’t realise how many ignorant people there are. How sad that they are willing to mess up someone else’s life.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Managed to take dog for a walk and get some provisions from a near empty supermarket. That's it. Dog walks are the only escape I have for next three or four days.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:07 PM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
Probably why the UK will move to another level within the next few days. I didn’t realise how many ignorant people there are. How sad that they are willing to mess up someone else’s life.
Dear NYEagle

Police have been given new powers the extent of which I know not.I would like to see them round up all the reprobates and mete out some harsh treatment.These people really need to be beaten to within an inch of their lives.Water cannon would disperse groups but we won't see them on the streets.Nor can I see Police drawing batons and using them forceably.We have a serious crisis accounting for the lives of over 1,000 people in the UK to-date yet some hoodlums are not willing to play their part by taking the advice of Government.A plague on their heads I say.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:14 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Spoke to two friends one was tearing his hair out usually at work or down pub vets football ect stuck in small place with wife and 3 teenagers he is really struggling . Enougher friend lives on his own got good job so there still paying him his hobby is riding his racing bike which he can now do every day around Reigate Leigh betchworth ect as bikes don't have number plates police don't know if the riders have been there half hour or all day which is really helping him get threw these times .
Shame number 1. has to get involved in some family time and 2. can live his life with his favourite hobby with no restrictions at all.

They're all right jack.

Alternatively. 1 and 2 could solve all of their personal problems with a little part time voluntary work. But much easier to do what they want or complain about being stuck in with the family.

And you sound like you empathise with them. Jeez.

Old 28-03-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
Dear NYEagle

Police have been given new powers the extent of which I know not.I would like to see them round up all the reprobates and mete out some harsh treatment.These people really need to be beaten to within an inch of their lives.Water cannon would disperse groups but we won't see them on the streets.Nor can I see Police drawing batons and using them forceably.We have a serious crisis accounting for the lives of over 1,000 people in the UK to-date yet some hoodlums are not willing to play their part by taking the advice of Government.A plague on their heads I say.
LOL. Water cannon, batons...it's not the poll tax riot.

It's a couple of golfers taking the piss. Confiscate their golg clubs and clamp their cars with a 200 quid removal fee in six weeks time. Report them to their club, and get their membership rescinded. Job done.

Old 28-03-2020, 10:17 PM
An old creakey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Managed to take dog for a walk and get some provisions from a near empty supermarket. That's it. Dog walks are the only escape I have for next three or four days.
Dear PeterH

I don't have a dog to take for a walk.I go for a walk with my good lady wife but I can see the time when I will insist on going by myself as it is good to spend some time away rather than having to put up with each others company in the home, hour on hour. Relations can get strained in such situations.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:23 PM
An old creakey.

Quote:
LOL. Water cannon, batons...it's not the poll tax riot.

It's a couple of golfers taking the piss. Confiscate their golg clubs and clamp their cars with a 200 quid removal fee in six weeks time. Report them to their club, and get their membership rescinded. Job done.
Dear PeterH

I had in mind the reprobates who have congregated in parks and in some town centres, not observing the social distancing guidelines.Police need to clamp down on them with every means at their disposal, adopting heavy-handed tactics to get the message through.None of this "Please go home" and soft-talk.Water cannons and batons would be very effective but I cannot see them being used.There might not be a "Poll tax riot" for the Police to deal with but unfortunately we are in the midst of a national crisis costing the lives of many.

Last edited by Trolley; 28-03-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:27 PM

Trust me you don't want to see water cannons deployed willey nilley.

Old 28-03-2020, 10:33 PM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Iím only going out to work and for shopping. Nothing else.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:37 PM
An old creakey.

Quote:
Trust me you don't want to see water cannons deployed willey nilley.
My dear PeterH

I don't see it as "Willey nilley", I see it as a firm response at a time of a National emergency.It is not the time for "Softly,softly" in my book.
I yearn for the return of capital punishment and have been called a "Hanger and a flogger" so I do take a hardline approach on some occasions.The Government message is unequivocal, lives will be saved if people adhere to the message yet some couldn't give two hoots.Yes of course it is hard to remain within four walls the majority of the day, the 'Lockdown' is challenging for us all but we all have to come together at a time of a national and worldwide crisis.If we all play our part then life should return to some sort of normality sooner than if we do not stick to the social-distancing measures and lives will be saved.

Last edited by Trolley; 28-03-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Went out to get some things from a supermarket, 20 mins in a queue I can live with, people still on the equipment on the outside gyms I can’t.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:02 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Take the mutt out early in the mornings and then at lunch time I either go for a run on the downs or take my little girl for a walk for her exercise.

Otherwise we’re locked in.
Had to get to the post office on weds which allowed me to buy the handful of supplies we needed but that’s it.

I saw a 2 ball at Surrey National on my run earlier, while 2 teenage girls were sitting down next to the water having a chat. Was all a bit bizarre.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:17 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New Trolley is a bit like the Dallas reboot: tried hard but fell flat and was quietly cancelled in the end.

Also, I'm not going out apart from to the food shops or for a quick run. My kids are going crazy from park/playground withdrawal.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:25 PM
An old creakey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Went out to get some things from a supermarket, 20 mins in a queue I can live with, people still on the equipment on the outside gyms I canít.
Dear Stavros69

I was informed about two supermarkets today which had long queues of shoppers waiting to enter. We have been fortunate that the weather has been in our favour as queueing in the sun is far better than in the rain which engulfed us month after month.My good lady wife informs me that there is no rain forecast for the next few days and I can't help thinking that rain like we experienced in previous months would help to ensure that people stay indoors and adhere to the social-distancing measures but of course torrential downpours make queueing in the open far less appealing.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:31 PM
An old creakey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Matt View Post
New Trolley is a bit like the Dallas reboot: tried hard but fell flat and was quietly cancelled in the end.

Also, I'm not going out apart from to the food shops or for a quick run. My kids are going crazy from park/playground withdrawal.
My dear Little Matt

I am in a state of discombobulation about "New Trolley" as I am the very same 'Trolley' who used to be a regular contributor for many years.And yes I am in the 'Singular' and not as had been suggested someone 'Operated' by a cabal of moderators passing the 'Trolley' baton amongst themselves.

Swiftly returning to the subject of this thread, my good lady wife and I only leave our home for essentials and for some exercise.We have found people in our 'Neck of the woods' very respectful in terms of social-distancing.

Last edited by Trolley; 28-03-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:32 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Went out to get some things from a supermarket, 20 mins in a queue I can live with, people still on the equipment on the outside gyms I canít.
Outside gyms are supposed to be officially closed. But the only way that'll stop the arseholes from using them will be to spike the machines/get a chainsaw to the wooden bars.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:36 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Drove from Camden to South Kensington in about ten minutes today. Work related. Gloriously empty roads.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:38 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Have you been to Borough Market H? Its a glorified food court ffs, hardly essential.
The food stalls (I.e. where you buy your hot lunch to eat there and then) aren't open. Only the butcher, greengrocer etc.
Old 29-03-2020, 12:44 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Matt View Post
I hope whoever is operating this iteration gets cancelled by the rozzers, Mark Duggan style.