Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-05-2020, 06:08 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Wish (online retailer)

How do they sell £500 Beats headphones for £14. Are they fake? My son ordered a £200 microphone for less than £20. Took a while to come but he is very happy with it. Are they good (seemingly) quality fakes? If not, I don't get it.
Old 26-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Often wondered the same thing.
Always thought it was just Chinese knockoffs
Old 26-05-2020, 06:39 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm pretty sure it is Chinese knockoffs.
I've bought a few things from Wish as presents. Everything takes an age to arrive (from China) but its all worked fine. However, I wouldn't expect top quality for the price you pay.
Old 26-05-2020, 07:10 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Knock offs, you gets what you oay for init. Ali Express is another one, apparently there is a whole black market system on there of fake stuff that you need special.codes for.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 26-05-2020, 09:30 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The clothes are terrible quality. I wouldn’t buy anything from them again.
Old 26-05-2020, 09:33 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Their shellsuits are top notch.
Old 27-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
so, fake?
Old 27-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
How do they sell £500 Beats headphones for £14. Are they fake? My son ordered a £200 microphone for less than £20. Took a while to come but he is very happy with it. Are they good (seemingly) quality fakes? If not, I don't get it.
Online equivalent of Luohu Commercial City I would think. One of my former colleagues picked up some “Bose” headphones from there, and someone else in the office had the genuine thing, so we compared. Obviously difference in quality but not quite as much as you might otherwise think.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-05-2020, 09:06 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
It might be because I click on the links, but there seem to be an increasing number of dodgy Chinese vendors popping up on my facebook.

One I see a lot is a company called FOCO - they sell seemingly licensed Premier League club merchandise, like the Palace lego stadium model. A lot of the stuff they sell seems to be the sort of thing that would be too tacky and garish for even the club shop to sell - CPFC rugs, Hawaiian shirts, baseball jackets plastered with the logo etc

If you read customer comments, the customer service they offer is non existent, and quite a few disgruntled people who cannot get a refund.

I also had a company pop up on a football collectors forum which sells 3D printed models of stadiums. Someone asked what club grounds they did, and they said they'd literally do any, and showed I think Bournemouth and Grimsby's that people had ordered! I think it's easy to overlook that in China, some factory workers are on miniscule wages, so things can literally be made to order at ridiculously cheap cost, and the sellers of this stuff seem to be taking their wares to the market direct!

Wish is very much a Chinese site, it sells some bizarre stuff that made my jaw drop!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 27-05-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 27-05-2020, 09:18 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Please don't tell me you actually thought they were real
Many people don't actually receive the products, but if you do pay £4 for a tshirt you'll invariably get what you pay for, and there have been major concerns over the security of users account where many say their information has been compromised, so be wary. Many of the items are shipped via containers on ocean liners, which brings down the cost but ultimately means it will typically take 6+ weeks.
Wish receive about 15% off each sale but the quality in general is pretty poor. Taobao is steady for fake clothing if that's what you're looking for, but much of what you see on Wish is replicated on Aliexpress, DHgate etc.
Old 27-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Vive La Revolution

dunno, that's why I asked. My son's microphone seems decent and also seems an odd item to copy. I get mass demand things like top brand headphones being copied. I ordered some cycling shoes and cleats for my daughter to try out as they are bloody expensive elsewhere. We'll see if they turn up and what they are like.
Old 27-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
dunno, that's why I asked. My son's microphone seems decent and also seems an odd item to copy. I get mass demand things like top brand headphones being copied. I ordered some cycling shoes and cleats for my daughter to try out as they are bloody expensive elsewhere. We'll see if they turn up and what they are like.
Most of the electronic stuff is made in the Pearl River Delta (Shenzhen, Dongguan, and Guangzhou). The low level of costs (literally a guy in a lockup with a soldering iron) and the sheer capacity means they can make and copy anything (and frankly everything).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-05-2020, 10:06 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Demand for headphones is massive and Beats is such a popular brand amongst younger people all about supply demand. My concern would relate to the account itself.
I've seen some decent replica headphones, whereas others have sounded very tinny. Always look at the sellers feedback.

You'll invariably find some replicas are worded "AAA grade" for example or "121 replica". For some reason on Wish they pass it off as genuine but on the likes of DHgate they are more careful with the wording i.e "B" brand headphones.
I used to buy/sell a lot from Chinese websites many years ago, so if you need any help PM me
Old 27-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Most of the electronic stuff is made in the Pearl River Delta (Shenzhen, Dongguan, and Guangzhou). The low level of costs (literally a guy in a lockup with a soldering iron) and the sheer capacity means they can make and copy anything (and frankly everything).
I guess you are right, but all the branded parts?
Old 27-05-2020, 10:08 AM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Demand for headphones is massive and Beats is such a popular brand amongst younger people all about supply demand. My concern would relate to the account itself.
I've seen some decent replica headphones, whereas others have sounded very tinny. Always look at the sellers feedback.

You'll invariably find some replicas are worded "AAA grade" for example or "121 replica". For some reason on Wish they pass it off as genuine but on the likes of DHgate they are more careful with the wording i.e "B" brand headphones.
I used to buy/sell a lot from Chinese websites many years ago, so if you need any help PM me
Thanks, I was just curious really. I already have some noise cancelling headphones and some airpods. Do I really need noise cancelling airpods or Beats? Only if they are bloody cheap
Old 27-05-2020, 10:36 AM
I got to play at selhurst

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My just received my "beats" earbuds look and sound good to me
Old 27-05-2020, 11:27 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
so, fake?
Rather surprised at your naivety here. You are wondering whether an item that retails at £500 can be bought for £14 ? Apple have many detractors, but I don't think anyone believes they apply a 3,500% mark-up.

If you really think these were genuine products, I'll try to get hold of a Rolex to sell you at a very attractive rate ...
Old 27-05-2020, 11:37 AM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Rather surprised at your naivety here. You are wondering whether an item that retails at £500 can be bought for £14 ? Apple have many detractors, but I don't think anyone believes they apply a 3,500% mark-up.

If you really think these were genuine products, I'll try to get hold of a Rolex to sell you at a very attractive rate ...
Already bought a Rolex for £50. Works twice per day...

I did think the headphones were fake, just surprised by more niche items too.
Old 27-05-2020, 11:52 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Already bought a Rolex for £50. Works twice per day...

I did think the headphones were fake, just surprised by more niche items too.
Leaving aside the legal/moral issue of trademark & intellectual property infringement, I am sure that Beats headphones are not 3,500 times better than the Wish versions, but I am sure that they are considerably more durable. if you can afford to go for the better product (as I am sure you can !), it is rarely a bad decision.
Old 27-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Leaving aside the legal/moral issue of trademark & intellectual property infringement, I am sure that Beats headphones are not 3,500 times better than the Wish versions, but I am sure that they are considerably more durable. if you can afford to go for the better product (as I am sure you can !), it is rarely a bad decision.
Thanks, finances somewhat battered by recent events but I agree with the sentiment. Paying for quality is usually the best value / least hassle.