Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Today, 03:18 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Cases up on the week.

But hospital numbers drop below 5000

Got to be at the stage now where the latter is the figure we focus on
Obviously you have to focus on both. Looking just at hospitalisations and deaths is like assessing how you're doing in a battle by waiting for the nurses' reports on the injured.

Werner Herzog
Old Today, 03:41 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
It is sad when you visit the City or Holborn now and see great cafes that have been there absolutely years lying empty or just clinging on because there is no trade. I had years of enjoying some absolutely splendid lunches in full blown Italian delis which made it worth commuting to work almost. A little piece of history on the verge of dying.
Four-Prets-a-Street put a stick of dynamite under the indies long before the pandemic.
Old Today, 04:03 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Cases up on the week.

But hospital numbers drop below 5000

Got to be at the stage now where the latter is the figure we focus on
Wednesday 28th July: 29,918

Wednesday 4th August: 29,312.

According to the govt dashboard, so cases down on the week? Certainly on the previous Wednesday?
Old Today, 04:05 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Wednesday 28th July: 29,918

Wednesday 4th August: 29,312.

According to the govt dashboard, so cases down on the week? Certainly on the previous Wednesday?
I am going by this
Attached Images
File Type: png E79I3NOXoAAnQHa.png (81.1 KB, 56 views)
Old Today, 04:32 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Back working in town and really enjoying it. So nice to have a change of scenery. Tube from Victoria to Oxford Circus is busy in the morning and even busier it seems in the evening. Good to be back a few days a week.

Was also down in Exeter for a stag do at the weekend and Covid definitely isn’t a thing down there. Don’t think I saw a single face mask all weekend.

Last edited by GB2506; Today at 04:35 PM.
Old Today, 04:46 PM

Palacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting article here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Highlighting how researchers are baffled by sudden drop in UK cases.

They say it's not "Herd Immunity" because the drop is happening in much too uniform a way, where as herd immunity would vary across the country.

They say that schools closing could be a factor and if so, government needs to rethink plans to not vaccinate under 18s.

Also believe that less testing is a factor but not sole factor.

Suggests that the "Pingdemic" may have actually acted to slow transmission and help reduce cases.
Old Today, 04:53 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Posting links without any comment is rather like miming the hymns at a wedding ; all pose but zero contribution.
Old Today, 05:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
So here’s the latest ONS survey on antibodies. Week commencing 12 July 93.6% of adults in England have been jabbed or infected, up 2% in two weeks. Amongst 16-24 year olds it rose from 68% to 80% in two weeks. Slightly worrying is a small fall in over 80s as protection wanes. The ONS surveys (via asking people) report a higher vaccination rate than the standard government statistics as officially reported. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Today, 07:39 PM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
from only knowing a few people to have Covid over the last year, to my son having it over the last week, today I know 12 people to get infected within a week.
Old Today, 08:13 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
How many tests do chile do per day?
Finally, after a year and a half of repetitious Euro vision song contest numbers England can finally move onto to the world stage. England knows that they have better lateral flows than Luxembourg, more variants than Moldova and better sheep herding immunity than Wales. Despite only receiving one point from Ireland after themselves giving the emerald isle a 10 they find themselves way ahead of the rest of Europe in buying masks off those entrepreneurial Chinese and buying vaccination drugs from a well known crew who operate out of a pub on Hackney High Street. Proud English men boast that they're number one, as they produce the latest graph showing that more than their Euro vision counterparts they are not scared to take it up the nose. According to the latest data, from August 14th (that was accidentally leaked) a certain town in the south coast excels in this way of being tested. Now, after months of trailing Italy and Spain and slagging off Abba for doing nothing it's now time to take South America and bring some anti-bodies home. Bring on the Chileans

Last edited by big bad John; Today at 08:17 PM.
Old Today, 08:19 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Finally, after a year and a half of repetitious Euro vision song contest numbers England can finally move onto to the world stage. England knows that they have better lateral flows than Luxembourg, more variants than Moldova and better sheep herding immunity than Wales. Despite only receiving one point from Ireland after themselves giving the emerald isle a 10 they find themselves way ahead of the rest of Europe in buying masks off those entrepreneurial Chinese and buying vaccination drugs from a well known crew who operate out of a pub on Hackney High Street. Proud English men boast that they're number one, as they produce the latest graph showing that more than their Euro vision counterparts they are not scared to take it up the nose. According to the latest data, from August 14th (that was accidentally leaked) a certain town in the south coast excels in this way of being tested. Now, after months of trailing Italy and Spain and slagging off Abba for doing nothing it's now time to take South America and bring some anti-bodies home. Bring on the Chileans
reason for the question was not some competition - it was to try to understand why Chile's case are 5% of the UK but have they have the same 'covid designated' deaths and higher deaths than the 5 year average. Seems odd?
Old Today, 09:39 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
What does this mean...

However, travellers arriving in the UK from Spain are now advised to take a PCR test - rather than the cheaper lateral flow tests - for the mandatory pre-departure test as a "precaution against the increased prevalence of the virus and variants in the country".

Do I need to do a PCR test or not? I really don't want to bitch but FFS just be clear.
Old Today, 09:52 PM
Shit or Bust

Shamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
What does this mean...

However, travellers arriving in the UK from Spain are now advised to take a PCR test - rather than the cheaper lateral flow tests - for the mandatory pre-departure test as a "precaution against the increased prevalence of the virus and variants in the country".

Do I need to do a PCR test or not? I really don't want to bitch but FFS just be clear.
Only advisory
Old Today, 10:04 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
What does this mean...

farcical and confusing. for pre departure test from wherever, I think a lateral flow (taken by a doc who will give you a certificate, not a self test) will suffice
Old Today, 10:39 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
You want to try working out the rules for students arriving in London from multiple points of origin, sometimes with one or two transit stopovers.