Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-05-2005, 03:13 PM

cpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Football put in perspective....

I have read several forums and posts about supporters and their feeelings and emotions regarding the results and are subsequent relegation, most of which i felt, while keeping tabs on the scores yesterday afternoon.
I was devestated not so much by the result but by the nature of how we have ended up back in The Championship. This devestation was short lived when at about 6pm a good mate of mine who has been to a few Palace games this season even though he is a Geordie phoned me to tell me he had just been at the bed side of his girlfriends mum who on Friday was fine and enjoying life as much as anyone and by 5pm Sunday had to have machines switched off to keep her breathing. She sadly passed away of a brain haemorrhage.

I did not know her Mum at all but it just made me sit back and think. The league we play in is irelevant, the important thing is that i am able to watch football and enjoy watching Palace and more importantly enjoy life.

Already looking forward to the new season and hopefully fewer days like yesterday!!
Old 16-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Sprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses growSprite knows where the wild roses grow
Here Here
Old 16-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Thanks mate
Old 16-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of course football is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things (or at least should be) compared to family and health and all those things.

Having said that, never forget my wife when Southgate missed that penalty at Euro'96 and she said "never mind, it's just a game!!"
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 16-05-2005, 03:18 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
agree, echos akis comments in The Times
Old 16-05-2005, 03:20 PM

cpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screencpfc1976 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by David of Kent
Of course football is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things (or at least should be) compared to family and health and all those things.

Having said that, never forget my wife when Southgate missed that penalty at Euro'96 and she said "never mind, it's just a game!!"
Is she still your wife?!?!?
Old 16-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Sit down you fool!

olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0
Read Aki in the Times today. He buried his grandfather last week.....put it in perspective even for him.
Old 16-05-2005, 03:33 PM

I read Aki in The Times and just wanted to i suppose, add to his sentiments
Old 16-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc1976
Is she still your wife?!?!?
LOL. Yes, I married her that summer as well !!!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 16-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As the years go by the initial anger or frustration takes less and less time to go away. My wife, who's only been coming to Palace for seven years gets much more upset than I do, but then I've seen it all before so many times.

cpfc1976 is absolutely right, though, it's no big deal when looked at from a wider perspective and there's always next year anyway!
Old 16-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Football put in perspective....

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc1976
I have read several forums and posts about supporters and their feeelings and emotions regarding the results and are subsequent relegation, most of which i felt, while keeping tabs on the scores yesterday afternoon.
I was devestated not so much by the result but by the nature of how we have ended up back in The Championship. This devestation was short lived when at about 6pm a good mate of mine who has been to a few Palace games this season even though he is a Geordie phoned me to tell me he had just been at the bed side of his girlfriends mum who on Friday was fine and enjoying life as much as anyone and by 5pm Sunday had to have machines switched off to keep her breathing. She sadly passed away of a brain haemorrhage.

I did not know her Mum at all but it just made me sit back and think. The league we play in is irelevant, the important thing is that i am able to watch football and enjoy watching Palace and more importantly enjoy life.

Already looking forward to the new season and hopefully fewer days like yesterday!!

exactly.

Hearing about Neill earlier during the season was a tragedy, not the fact that Palace have to play in the Championship.