Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When do I get a bus in my village in Lincolnshire?
Old 27-03-2019, 05:43 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Once they've built that Tulip thing we could have a walkway in the sky to the Shard, Canary Wharf, Nine Elms and the new building opposite East Croydon.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:27 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I hear you. I believe that the creep started around 40 years ago.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:36 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
May be the first time I vandalise a Palace related vehicle. Of course, most of the people working on the project have little connection to the area, so don't give a shit about the destruction of our neighbourhood. Cheers.
Some of us care about the destruction of our heritage but that choice is not made by me or any other "cunt" dressed in orange.

Vent your anger all you like at the workers on the ground if it makes you feel better,makes no odds to me.If it's not happening on one site then it's on to the next.I'm just finishing at Crossrail Limmo,Canning Town and am heading to Euston(that may change)HS2.So me the digger I operate and me sticker are heading your way
Old 27-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Rebuilding East Croydon, Clapham Junction and Victoria at the same time is a recipe for absolute disaster.

All need to be sorted though. Network Rail plan to gut all the retail units at the gateline and even it out at Victoria.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 27-03-2019, 07:41 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only a decade? How lucky. We've got twenty years of HS2 ripping up our borough. My boys beautiful Victorian school building will be demolished next month. The area is crawling with c*nts in high viz jackets, roads are closed - some permanently - and the streets are clogged with massive trucks. And the main programme of works hasn't even started yet. Camden's Labour council have done next to nothing to defend it's residents from this shit, and won't be getting my vote in the next local elections.
Got a spare room I can rent out for my digs?
Old 27-03-2019, 07:42 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
May be the first time I vandalise a Palace related vehicle. Of course, most of the people working on the project have little connection to the area, so don't give a shit about the destruction of our neighbourhood. Cheers.
And we will be very well paid for it
Old 27-03-2019, 07:46 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Some of us care about the destruction of our heritage but that choice is not made by me or any other "cunt" dressed in orange.

Vent your anger all you like at the workers on the ground if it makes you feel better,makes no odds to me.If it's not happening on one site then it's on to the next.I'm just finishing at Crossrail Limmo,Canning Town and am heading to Euston(that may change)HS2.So me the digger I operate and me sticker are heading your way
Still with Flannery?
Old 27-03-2019, 07:50 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Sorry i think we are talking cross purposes. You are talking HS2. Whether that is required i am less sure. I just know that my life has been much trickier and dustier and disrupted by crossrail but i accept its for the greater good.

Honestly if they paid me the going rate for my home and helped to rehouse and the associated costs etc. I would be ok with it. That is broadly speaking mind, I would need to get down to nitty gritty to decide how i felt about it. Are you likely to have your house bought?

Maria Fidelis was well looked after with HS2 as i understand it.
Like f*ck it was. The new build is very modern, of course, but it's replacing two sites, and losing an awful lot of Space, particularly outdoor provision. Crossrail taking out the Astoria was enough for me to get pissed off. HS2 ticks the two most impressive boxes by being both unnecessary and already obsolete.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
If only we could all work six or seven day a week and be loaded before we die.

Cricket wanker.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:36 PM
a bit peckish

Quote:
Still with Flannery?
Old 27-03-2019, 09:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's a great comfort to me.
Old 28-03-2019, 07:59 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like f*ck it was. The new build is very modern, of course, but it's replacing two sites, and losing an awful lot of Space, particularly outdoor provision. Crossrail taking out the Astoria was enough for me to get pissed off. HS2 ticks the two most impressive boxes by being both unnecessary and already obsolete.
tcr and oxford street junction badly needed sorting out and the area is improved for it. That's about 500 yards from where i live and it's been hugely disruptive but well worth it. I have good memories of the astoria.

The area around euston station could do with bulldozing to be honest so a new school building was a good thing to my mind. I accept that's a matter of taste though.
Old 28-03-2019, 08:04 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Yes but 20 minutes quicker to Birmingham?

It's the blue passports equivalent of HS2.
Damned if you do damned if you don't. Are they still doing it as far as manchester? It does feel like something that could be useful connecting those three big cities in very quick times. Might help remove some of the focus on London and even things up a bit?

Playing devils advocate a bit but you get dissenting voices about all sorts of things. If you have an archaic transport system people complain and compare us to other more advanced countries. When you do things to rectify this people complain about the value and the disruption. I am sure both crossrail and HS2 will be poorly project managed and costed. That's just the british government way unfortunately.
Old 28-03-2019, 11:38 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Damned if you do damned if you don't. Are they still doing it as far as manchester? It does feel like something that could be useful connecting those three big cities in very quick times. Might help remove some of the focus on London and even things up a bit?

Playing devils advocate a bit but you get dissenting voices about all sorts of things. If you have an archaic transport system people complain and compare us to other more advanced countries. When you do things to rectify this people complain about the value and the disruption. I am sure both crossrail and HS2 will be poorly project managed and costed. That's just the british government way unfortunately.
'Poorly' is an understatement. Also ill-conceived. You argue against the London-centric nature of development, yet can't condemn a transport project that is pretty much nothing else, and that's doubtful. Transport links in the North are atrocious. Still, that's how we treat the provincial 'Powerhouse'. On the school - it's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of inadequate facilities, and a total disregard for future-proofing and the pupil experience. It was all about expediency and minimal provision.
Old 28-03-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
'Poorly' is an understatement. Also ill-conceived. You argue against the London-centric nature of development, yet can't condemn a transport project that is pretty much nothing else, and that's doubtful. Transport links in the North are atrocious. Still, that's how we treat the provincial 'Powerhouse'. On the school - it's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of inadequate facilities, and a total disregard for future-proofing and the pupil experience. It was all about expediency and minimal provision.
Oh well it's a rubbish school anyway. Should have just built one on the grays inn road and closed it down.

(I maybe deliberately pushing your buttons here).

I think crossrail is generally a good thing. I haven't done enough looking into HS2. Beyond thinking super fast journey times between three of the countries main cities is probably a good thing.
Old 28-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It would be a good thing if they actually linked properly and provided the best service. It would also be better if it benefited more people than it actually will. There is no point in doing it if it doesn't link in Birmingham properly and no point if it doesn't link the Northern towns and cities properly.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 28-03-2019, 10:58 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've had to use the train to Birmingham a couple of times recently. Its far from archaic. Was quite good, had a seat, on time and quick.
Old 29-03-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I've had to use the train to Birmingham a couple of times recently. Its far from archaic. Was quite good, had a seat, on time and quick.
Agree. The leg to Birmingham is definitely not the highest priority. Would be odd not to do it if you are linking beyond though.
Old 29-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree. The leg to Birmingham is definitely not the highest priority. Would be odd not to do it if you are linking beyond though.
Surely the only reason to do the Birmingham-London leg is as an enabler to joining everything beyond Birmingham