Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:43 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

He played in that game as you well know. Afterwards he said he thought Johnny Byrne was the best centre forward in Europe. A great compliment for Budgie. As good as Di Stefano was I can't rate him above that little shit.
Cor. I knew about that game but wasn't aware that Di Stéfano had graced the hallowed turf of Fortress Selhurst.

Many years ago, Four Four Two magazine devoted an issue to deciding once and for all who was the GOAT out of Pelé and Maradona and they concluded that the answer was ADS
Old 02-07-2020, 09:55 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
It was on a Millwall history site so......

As he was 27 when he joined us I doubt he grew any taller. Possibly a few more pounds.
I suppose he could have done at a stretch....
Old 02-07-2020, 10:05 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Cor. I knew about that game but wasn't aware that Di Stéfano had graced the hallowed turf of Fortress Selhurst.

Many years ago, Four Four Two magazine devoted an issue to deciding once and for all who was the GOAT out of Pelé and Maradona and they decided the answer was ADS.
The game to celebrate our new floodlights was the highlight of my young supporting days. Real Madrid gave us a big compliment in putting out their strongest team. Johnny Byrne featured as a guest, having recently been transferred to West Ham. He played an absolute blinder and was pure class, and Terry Long scored a worldie I recall. All in all it was a special game.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Old, bald, fat

1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
The game to celebrate our new floodlights was the highlight of my young supporting days. Real Madrid gave us a big compliment in putting out their strongest team. Johnny Byrne featured as a guest, having recently been transferred to West Ham. He played an absolute blinder and was pure class, and Terry Long scored a worldie I recall. All in all it was a special game.
Darzet, you must be nearly as old as me!
🍻
Old 03-07-2020, 07:55 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Many years ago, Four Four Two magazine devoted an issue to deciding once and for all who was the GOAT out of Pelé and Maradona and they concluded that the answer was ADS
The friendly against Real Madrid to commemorate the floodlights at Selhurst i believe. I have a programme from the game somewhere.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957Eagle View Post
Darzet, you must be nearly as old as me!
🍻
Probably older
Old 03-07-2020, 01:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:

Di Stefano, Puskas and Gento, all the big boys. They showed palace the respect we deserved.

I remember at the pre season friendly vs Valencia a few years ago, where we just chatting about palace’s history vs Spanish teams, and we mentioned the famous Real Madrid game. An old boy in the row in front, had to be at least 70, turned around and told us all about his memories of it. Mentioned Jonny Byrne being class, as Darzet already referenced.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:19 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
I had to ask my Dad why he did not take me .I was 9 at the time and remember him giving me the prog. He can't remember, but said it was pissing down that night and maybe that was the reason. More likely because of school i think. Palace were worried about the crowd being affected by the weather. They were expecting 35k which because of the weather did not get.

They had to pay Madrid a lot of money to get them there and must have ended up with a loss.
What a great game though. When you think of the total crap we watch at Selhurst these days. There may be a lot more money in football these days, but for me it is less enjoyable.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Signed for Lille.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 04-08-2020, 05:20 PM

thomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Signed for Lille.
Shipped straight out to Boavista as well.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Signed for Lille.
Shit anyway.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."