Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-07-2020, 06:16 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Poch is truly amazing. One in a billion.
If hes 'one in a billion'

What does that make managers who actually win things's?
Old 28-07-2020, 06:25 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
If Dyche comes along and tries to turn tasty jerk back into that greasy spoon, I for one will not be renewing my season ticket.
Dyche will embrace the culture, he fancies himself as a artist held back by being in a working class town. I'm sure he is studying french restaurant menus before he moves here, he just ironically has egg and chips every night.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 28-07-2020, 06:57 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Interesting stuff.

Thanks for posting - to my surprise I watched the whole thing. Dyche makes lots of good points about building a culture and how to mould and improve players. Interviewers were good too.
Old 28-07-2020, 08:57 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Interesting stuff.

That was good thanks. Quickly removed anything Eddie Howe put in place : )
Old 28-07-2020, 09:26 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Key consideration is that Dyche still has 2 years left on his contract. Even if he walks we would still have to pay compensation to Burnley if we appointed him and cannot see them being the ones to terminate the contract.

Therefore surely if he is the man we might as well just do a deal with Burnley and get it done. We cannot afford to wait in limbo for 2 years for his deal to end.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:26 AM

Bangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dyche already has a far better squad than ours at Burnley. With the exception of Zaha who's probably about to go, their players in each position are as good as ours, and they have better strength in depth. Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra are slightly uninspiring striking options, but those are 4 strikers (maybe 3 if you don't like Vydra) that you can rely on to play in the Premier League. We only have Ayew.

Dyche is angling for a bigger budget at Burnley. If he came here, he'd have to spend a decent amount just to get our squad at the same level as Burnley's. So I really don't think he'd entertain the idea of coming here, and I think that a comparison between Burnley's squad and ours is pretty damning for us.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:32 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Definitely not dyche then

I get this may be a joke... but is there any evidence of SD being a massive racist? As if there is... we defo shouldnít go for him. If there isnít... itís a pretty vile rumour to perpetuate.

I met Nhakki Wells (sp) and he was full of praise for SD.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:36 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangell View Post
Dyche already has a far better squad than ours at Burnley. With the exception of Zaha who's probably about to go, their players in each position are as good as ours, and they have better strength in depth. Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra are slightly uninspiring striking options, but those are 4 strikers (maybe 3 if you don't like Vydra) that you can rely on to play in the Premier League. We only have Ayew.

Dyche is angling for a bigger budget at Burnley. If he came here, he'd have to spend a decent amount just to get our squad at the same level as Burnley's. So I really don't think he'd entertain the idea of coming here, and I think that a comparison between Burnley's squad and ours is pretty damning for us.

SD get the absolute most out of his limited strikers (although I think Rodriguez is talented). He has improved McNeil loads... and Iíve watched him play a few games centrally behind a lone striker... he is a quality player. His teams defend well.. Mee and Tarkwhatshisname are impressive... and he has improved Pope so much Hart doesnít get a look in.
I like the way SD doesnít give a shit about reputation... and bombs a underperforming Hart out.

Iíd love him here
Old 28-07-2020, 10:46 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangell View Post

You are assuming performance of players is not related to the team and style they are playing in. The question is whether Benteke is now a poor striker full stop or is he a poor striker in Roys system and style? We will only every know that if Benteke plays for a different manager in a different style, either at Palace or elsewhere. Would Wood look as good playing in Roys team?

As a combination of the 2 teams we both have good GK's but Pope probably edges that one. IMO PVA and Cahill make the defence, midfield is quite similar. You would probably put Zaha on the right to accommodate McNeill on the left. In a team putting crosses in i would like to see how Wood and Benteke compare. In terms of depth, against us Burnley only named 1 senior pro on the bench. They have only 18 players over 23 and play only 1 player under that age. We have 21 over 23 and Mitchell and Ferguson would be the only players under that we might play.

It might be a sideways step, i think we are very similar, so it would be on which board he thinks will give him most ability to progress. Who has more ambition, Palace or Burnley?
Old 28-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I get this may be a joke... but is there any evidence of SD being a massive racist? As if there is... we defo shouldnít go for him. If there isnít... itís a pretty vile rumour to perpetuate.

I met Nhakki Wells (sp) and he was full of praise for SD.

None whatsoever. Itís actually very dangerous people posting their thoughts that he is...mud sticks and thatís not fair.
Old 28-07-2020, 07:46 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
None whatsoever. Itís actually very dangerous people posting their thoughts that he is...mud sticks and thatís not fair.
Who said there is none whatsoever? PITK would argue otherwise. Hence why it has been allowed to stay up on the BBS without attempts to take the comments down.

On another note, have you seen Burnley's released player list this summer.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Who said there is none whatsoever? PITK would argue otherwise. Hence why it has been allowed to stay up on the BBS without attempts to take the comments down.

On another note, have you seen Burnley's released player list this summer.
Jeff Hendrick, Joe Hart, Aaron Lennon, Ben Gibson and Adam Legzdins?

What is your point?

From a relative small squad they lost 5 players. You could say Legzdins has been replaced by Will Norris. They are still some way short of the squad they had last season and I don't see them being linked with too many at the moment.

Cannot see Dyche being happy with recruitment so far so either they start signing players or he is going to be making some very upset noises.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
If hes 'one in a billion'

What does that make managers who actually win things's?
'Able to spend a billion'
Old 07-09-2020, 12:07 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
'Able to spend a billion'
Old 07-09-2020, 12:25 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
So heís not coming then after all this?
Old 07-09-2020, 12:53 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Cannot see Dyche being happy with recruitment so far so either they start signing players or he is going to be making some very upset noises.
With his voice that's quite a scary prospect