Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where is the evidence that Dyche would change his style of football coming to Palace?

He's been at Burnley for several years now, if he wanted to change the style/type of player he uses, then why hasn't he done it already?
Old 26-06-2020, 11:10 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Unfortunately he'd make West Ham into a solid midtable side unlike the delusion of the world cup winning football's academy West Ham way shit show that we see at present
I just cant see west ham fans accepting shit survival footbal year in year out, they consider themselves better than that. Personally I think dyche will end up like a pulis or Allardyce getting teams out of the shit when it hits the fan, not with teams who want to progress.
Old 26-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
Where is the evidence that Dyche would change his style of football coming to Palace?

He's been at Burnley for several years now, if he wanted to change the style/type of player he uses, then why hasn't he done it already?

Because he doesn’t possess Wayne Hennessey.
Old 26-06-2020, 11:27 AM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophical View Post
Wouldn't surprise if he takes over this summer if he becomes available. Even at the expense of Roy, as harsh as it would be.
well if he is deep in conversation with parish at any point on monday, then that might say a lot about whether it is a possibility....
Old 26-06-2020, 11:30 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
well if he is deep in conversation with parish at any point on monday, then that might say a lot about whether it is a possibility....
And piss off Mark, no chance.
Old 26-06-2020, 11:33 AM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
And piss off Mark, no chance.
well he might be discussing it with them as well...
Old 26-06-2020, 11:37 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As much as i think RH has done well i believe a new manager will give us a better chance of staying up next season SD fits the bill. Cant see SP sacking Roy nor should he only if Roy wants to leave should we go for SD.
Old 26-06-2020, 11:51 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
As much as i think RH has done well i believe a new manager will give us a better chance of staying up next season SD fits the bill. Cant see SP sacking Roy nor should he only if Roy wants to leave should we go for SD.
The chance of getting relegated with Hodgson in charge is virtually zero. Dyche has done well at Burnley but he has spent years building that team. There is no guarantee it will work for him elsewhere. While we are redeveloping the acadamey and stadium Hodgson is the ideal manager for us.
Old 26-06-2020, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I think he probably does need a change at this point in his career. Wherever that is.

I don't think anyone can argue about what he has achieved at Burnley. He has done a terrific job.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 26-06-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 26-06-2020, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophical View Post
Wouldn't surprise if he takes over this summer if he becomes available. Even at the expense of Roy, as harsh as it would be.
I don't think there is much chance Roy will be replaced this summer. With the late finish to this season we have a short turn around, so a new manager wouldn't get very long to get to know his squad, identify targets etc.

I think Roy will stay here for 1 last season. Longer than that might seem unlikely due to his age but there has been no sign of his abito do the job slipping yet.
Old 26-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
On what basis do you think Dyche has a better chance of keeping us up next season, than Roy? I just cant work out your logic.
Old 26-06-2020, 12:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I just cant see west ham fans accepting shit survival footbal year in year out, they consider themselves better than that. Personally I think dyche will end up like a pulis or Allardyce getting teams out of the shit when it hits the fan, not with teams who want to progress.
They should be better than that with the talent they have. Think there’s something deeply toxic about that club, Pellegrini is a great coach and even he couldn’t turn them around.
Old 26-06-2020, 12:27 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
The chance of getting relegated with Hodgson in charge is virtually zero. Dyche has done well at Burnley but he has spent years building that team. There is no guarantee it will work for him elsewhere. While we are redeveloping the acadamey and stadium Hodgson is the ideal manager for us.
I think we need to change the manager so the players have a new challenge thats no slight on RH he has done a good job its just the way it is, i also think SP will stick with Roy for the reason you say however i think you will be proven wrong. I must say RH is a top man a credit to our club if he does go i hope he is the one who makes the decision i also hope i am wrong and we have another good season with a real go at winning a cup.
Old 26-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Dyche would be a very good successor to Hodgson.
Old 26-06-2020, 01:01 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Our squad would suit Wilder should he become available as we are packed with centre backs and centre mids for his 3-5-2. We won't be looking for a Hodgson replacement for at least 12 months you'd have thought, and a lot can happen in that time. FWIW I rate Dyche as well. Hopefully the new appointment will just click into place. Great to have the stability of Roy for now though.
Old 26-06-2020, 01:13 PM

thomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We missed our chance with Wilder.

I think a lot of people underestimate Dyche - Burnley have the same amount of points and a win more than us with a squad a lot weaker than ours.

I fear we'll miss out on him and when Roy finally does retire, who are we going to appoint?
Old 26-06-2020, 01:15 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post
We missed our chance with Wilder.

I think a lot of people underestimate Dyche - Burnley have the same amount of points and a win more than us with a squad a lot weaker than ours.

I fear we'll miss out on him and when Roy finally does retire, who are we going to appoint?
Chris Coleman
Old 26-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post

The ghost of George Graham? (12/1 Skybet).
Old 26-06-2020, 02:20 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gareth Southgate
Old 26-06-2020, 02:22 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Freedman will be promoted to the role.