Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-07-2001, 08:22 PM
Where's the Statman?

Full On is playing for a contract
Everyone Support Dumbarton

We should make twinning football fans a simular thing to twinning towns I feel I Dumbarton should be are scottish supporters. Our scottish twins. They are based on the outskirts of Glasgow there rivals the mighty CLYDEBANK.

"We hate Clydebank, and we hate clydebank...."

I've lost there web-site address (yes there is one)

Im only eighteen and ive follwed them as long as i can remember. They used to be comfortable in the first divison before going tits up and finishing mid table in the scots. third division.

Anyone have any suggestions for other teams to twin with in other countrys?
Old 08-07-2001, 08:32 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Phoenix Coyotes

This will never be a goer.. far too much diversity to agree on a common "other team".
Old 08-07-2001, 08:35 PM
Where's the Statman?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

this may make you change ur mind :-)

I love hte phoenix coyotes (what sport is it by the way?)
coz you're a judas you a traitor
you'd do anything for a little bit more money.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:38 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
I've always had a soft spot for Partick Thistle,underdogs, Glasgow's third team and all that. Have they ever played Palace, does anyone know?
Old 08-07-2001, 08:38 PM
Where's the Statman?

heres another team to twin with LOL :-)

Old 08-07-2001, 08:51 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Scottish Football: Queen's Park
Europe: Dynamo Kiev
Ice Hockey: New York Islanders
Basketball: LA Clippers

And I prefer Clydebank to Dumbarton so we shouldn't twin with them
Old 08-07-2001, 09:03 PM

2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Partick Thistle have always been the closest scottish team to CPFC - they have all the characteristics - yoyo club, good name, and they always seem to get all the bad luck!
Old 08-07-2001, 09:34 PM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Non league team

It has to be the mighty beavers - Hampton & Richmond.

The reasons why are as follows
- They wear red and blue
- They sell red and blue bar scarves - old school type
- You can watch them from the terraces with a pint in your hand.
- They also lost a semi-final last year and have never one a trophey.
- They've just sold their prize centre forward - Leroy Griffiths to QPR.
- The mascot is a beaver, so you get to shout 'nice beaver' each week.

Come on you BEAVERS/

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 08-07-2001, 09:42 PM
Where's the Statman?

Why do you prefer Clydebank?

Okay Thistle sounds good, I used to work with a jock that supported them he told me how hed hunted down a video for 4 yrs of the league cup final vs. celtic in the mid seventies which thistle which they one four-one.

Last time dumbarton played the thistle it was 4-1!

fav Jock team: dumbarton
fav. euro team: Skonto Riga
fav yanky footy team: miami dolphins
fav. basketball team: Orlando Magic
fav international team: latvia
Old 08-07-2001, 11:04 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Full On

this may make you change ur mind :-)

I love hte phoenix coyotes (what sport is it by the way?)
Its ice hockey. Wayne Gretzky has actually just become their owner-manager. Kind of like Pele or Gary Lineker taking control of Palace. I think there are quite a few Miami / Orlando / Florida supporters on the BBS.
Old 08-07-2001, 11:08 PM
Bored and stupid

I was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Maybe (as a Croydon team) we should be twinned with the team of Croydons twin town, Arnhem (Bad spelling!)

This is where they play:

Last edited by I was called 'Worried'; 08-07-2001 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:00 AM
Who's on first?

Yozden is playing for a contract
Definitely has to be Partick Thistle - their ground is only about half a mile away from me and I'm sad to say I'm more likely to see them playing than Palace this year...:blue: although I might get to the away game at Forest at the end of August...
Old 09-07-2001, 12:41 AM
Where's the Statman?

Yeah, why the funk is Croydon twinned with arnham as its so scenic should it be Venice!

So weve agreed Crystal Palace are to twinned with Arnham and Partick Thistle,

The Ice hockey team a steve of phoenix mentions.

What bowt everywhere else, I think we should choose hearts of oak in south africa simply coz they have a tree in the centre circle which they need to play around, coz its historical! Internationally we should support nigeria coz they are nicknamed the eagles.

In australlia, do we support northern spirit or croydon?

In asia, the team fanny came from and Chna internatioanlly, mind you nepal wear red and blue stripes.

In south america dont boca juniors wear red and blue?!

Wayne gretski - ive heard of him, hes regarded as the greatest hockey player ever is he not? He was also in a very weird kids programme on chanel for a few years ago where he a baseball hero and a basketball hero used to solve mysteries!

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-07-2001, 12:44 AM
Where's the Statman?

Hang on, isnt crystal palace itself actually in Bromley, wheres that twinned with?
Old 09-07-2001, 12:57 AM

Stonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Croydons twinned with Arnhem because of the link with 10 Paratroop Regement at the bridge which the Germans defended.
Old 09-07-2001, 01:05 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cappuccinoeagle
I've always had a soft spot for Partick Thistle,underdogs, Glasgow's third team and all that. Have they ever played Palace, does anyone know?
Yes they have once back in 1972. Palace won 2-0 at Selhurst
Old 09-07-2001, 02:03 AM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Yozden
Definitely has to be Partick Thistle - their ground is only about half a mile away from me and I'm sad to say I'm more likely to see them playing than Palace this year...:blue: although I might get to the away game at Forest at the end of August...
And Firhill is the only place where I've ever been to game in April and been freezing. Not funny, and it was only a friendly!

Quote:
Originally posted by Full On
They are based on the outskirts of Glasgow there rivals the mighty CLYDEBANK.
Hardly that mighty with a minimal support, no ground and no money. Indeed twelve months ago few people expected them to survive.

Incidentally my fiancee's brother's girlfriend is from Clydebank. For fear of starting a family ruck I won't say what I think about her here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix
Phoenix Coyotes
Please, give it up.

Do you want me to tell everyone that their stadium is known as "America's Worst Arena"?

Let's Go Ducks!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:17 AM

DAS is playing for a contract
My vote is for Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Myself and some mates went to see them play a local derby with Ross County last season as a stop off when driving up to the North Highlands. They have a nice, if rather windswept gound. But, more importantly they play in Red and Blue stripes!!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:49 AM

Stonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStonewall_Jackson is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Inverness Caledonian Thistle is a bit of a mouthful,good job there wasnt a merger with Clanuccuddin as well?
Old 09-07-2001, 03:14 AM
Eagles eat Magpies

Silver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on rosesSilver Fox - raindrops on roses
Non league:

My vote is for Whitley Bay.

They play in blue and white stripes, they're from a seaside town and they're crap. Sound like anyone we know? Perhaps I'll vote for Dumbarton after all.......