Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
What we need is...

... a younger version of Dougie. Don't get me wrong, he was awesome today with Shefki and I think we may've found a forward pairing at last. But a small, nippy, skillful striker in January has to be high on the list, along with a nippy winger. People have mentioned on other threads that Clinton should be sold in Jan to make way for this kind of striker. Thoughts?

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
That would be Eastwood wouldn't it?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was surprised at Dougie's improvement in stamina today, as he normally fizzles out after an hour or so when he starts, however today he was excellent alongside the even better Kuqi

Although I feel somebody with pace should be brought in, if we keep up this form with what we've got, then we may not need another striker come January
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by joe walker
Was surprised at Dougie's improvement in stamina today, as he normally fizzles out after an hour or so when he starts, however today he was excellent alongside the even better Kuqi

Although I feel somebody with pace should be brought in, if we keep up this form with what we've got, then we may not need another striker come January
No mate we still do need pace upfrount and someone must be brought in when the Jan window comes around. QPR have the slowest defenders in the leauge so we do need more pace than we already have do not be fooled.

Also i am positive we would have won by more if we had a quickers striker.

Izale Mclode would be perfect i keep on saying it but it is so true
Old 02-12-2006, 07:53 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Oh south london
No mate we still do need pace upfrount and someone must be brought in when the Jan window comes around. QPR have the slowest defenders in the leauge so we do need more pace than we already have do not be fooled.

Also i am positive we would have won by more if we had a quickers striker.

Izale Mclode would be perfect i keep on saying it but it is so true
And which one of our four existing strikers do you let go to accomodate this ?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought Doug faded after about 40 mins and was largely anonymous in the second half, by which time the damage had been done so it didn't matter too much.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:59 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't sell Morrison, but I would like to see a fast striker come in. Dougie did well today but that's his first goal when he's started in over a year (Brighton away being the last time) so I still don't think we can expect him to perform from the start on a regular basis. He also badly tired in the second half

There is no way Eastwood will come here, I like what i've seen and heard about the guy at MK Don's but it a huge risk as they supposedly want 1.25M+ for him. People on here who have seen a lot of him don't rate him

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 PM

ricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldricks-big-honda was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Macken ?.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:08 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
And which one of our four existing strikers do you let go to accomodate this ?

None why do we need to let any more strikers go?

We will sell Maken in January i think 5 strikers are what a championship side should have. Injury can provale and also suspension are boud to happen. If you ask me i would say we are short with only 4 strikers at the club.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:12 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ricks-big-honda
Macken ?.
I'm assuming he wiill go anyway, although I suspect that we will only achieve that by paying off a significant portion of his contract.

Realiitically, if someone new is to come in, one of CLinton, Dougie, Scowcroft or Kuqi has to go. Those who are advocating a new striker, which one of those four needs to go ?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oh south london
None why do we need to let any more strikers go?

We will sell Maken in January i think 5 strikers are what a championship side should have. Injury can provale and also suspension are boud to happen. If you ask me i would say we are short with only 4 strikers at the club.
There is no way we can carrry five "first team" strikers, financially or in footballing terms. You can see the problems that Taylor is having keeping his existing four happy, there is no way that the balance can be kept with five on the books when only two can start.

Also, while you are (I hope) right that Macken will leave in Jan, we both know that we are unlikely to receive a fee for him. Indeed, the kind of pay off that is likely to be required to remove him from the wage bill (remember this is a player who has NOTHING to contribute at Championship level or above, yet has a contract worth in excess of 1m if the talk on here is to be believed) may mean that in the short term, we are LESS likely to be able to afford a replacement as a result of offloading him.

This of course may make offloading an existing striker more necessary if someone else is to come in, as we will need the income that a fee would bring in.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Hello how can i help?

smileforpalace is playing for a contract
Hate to say it but Jake robinson is quick and will probaly want to leave to play for a better club. and befor you all start the "he wont come cos hes from a rival club" shit, matt lawrence used to play for millwall.

Rant over
Old 02-12-2006, 09:51 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
I'm assuming he wiill go anyway, although I suspect that we will only achieve that by paying off a significant portion of his contract.
I'm sure I read somewhere earlier this week that he was going to ask to be sold to Ipswich or at least to stay there until the end of the season? If he's that desperate, I reckon we'll save a few bob there.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:56 AM

R0BB0 is playing for a contract
Billy Sharp
Old 03-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Eastwood all the way...please....i've heard from a 'source' that we WILL be putting a bid in for him *cough clints mum....

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 03-12-2006, 11:39 AM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'Karl Hawley' of 'Carlisle'

Old 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Unrealistically, but in our division.

Earnshaw
Phillips
Eastwood

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeeH
I'm sure I read somewhere earlier this week that he was going to ask to be sold to Ipswich or at least to stay there until the end of the season? If he's that desperate, I reckon we'll save a few bob there.
If Ipswich want him, then that would be a perfect solution. Realistically though, I can't see Ipswich taking him full time even on a free, given his wages and contract. Not without us agreeing a substantial payoff first anyway
Old 03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Re: What we need is...

Quote:
Originally posted by stinky
... a younger version of Dougie.
Impossible in my view as 90% of Dougie's ability is due to his awareness and fantastic reading of a match, very very difficult to find an affordable young player with all of those abilities as I think they have to be learnt.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
my suggestion would be nathan tyson now hes back from injury

unproven at this level but worth a punt imho

Steve Jobs