Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2007, 02:15 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Vegetable Patch - Help needed

Right, going to make myself useful during this Paternity week off:

I've just dug over the vegetable patch the previous owner of this house left me.

So I've got virgin dug ground - ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DO NOW?
Old 26-03-2007, 02:18 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Cant offer much advice but hopefully people can help

Im going to start up a veg patch too this year but im going to use raised beds as my soil is crap, bought this book called square foot gardening which is use in the US, seems quite simple.

Saw a small walkin greenhouse for sale earlier 50, its not glass but looks ok for money

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 26-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proudhoopsmccan is south London and proud
Re: Vegetable Patch - Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Right, going to make myself useful during this Paternity week off:

I've just dug over the vegetable patch the previous owner of this house left me.

So I've got virgin dug ground - ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DO NOW?
Put some goalposts up.
Old 26-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Christian

CallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Vegetable Patch - Help needed

Quote:
ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DO NOW?
Be careful over the stuff you want to grow. Not all plants like the same soil. You put something which likes a clay soil in sandy soil & you're going to be disappointed.

Find out what soil type you've got. Then find the plants to match is the easiest way. It is possible to change your soil type but that's a lot of work & hassle at times.

One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.
Old 26-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Wannabe Surfer Dude

SIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First of all you need to identify the soil. Whether its clay, loam etc. Then decide what veg you want to grow. As you have left it a bit late, you may have to add compost from a bag. Once you have done this Im sure we can help with what to grow and where to grow it
Old 26-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Put some horse shit on it
Old 26-03-2007, 02:42 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by SIKO
First of all you need to identify the soil. Whether its clay, loam etc. Then decide what veg you want to grow. As you have left it a bit late, you may have to add compost from a bag. Once you have done this Im sure we can help with what to grow and where to grow it
I'm living in Poole if anyone knows what type of soil it may be.

Going to go to the garden centre in the morning, so what should I start with?
Old 26-03-2007, 03:10 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think you need help from Griggs who came on Palace Radio last week and told us about his new vegetable growing regime in the Selhurst area

And you thought it was all football
Old 26-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leave it a couple of months and get some skunk seeds off the net.
Old 26-03-2007, 03:21 PM

Or anyone know any good websites
Old 26-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
You can buy soil testing kits at the garden centres. Definitely worth finding out what soil you have, then grow the veg accordingly.

I only grew them once and I was surprised how easy they grow and they definitely taste better than supermarket bought veg.

Do you know what vegetables you would like to grow?
Old 26-03-2007, 08:29 PM

Potatoes, Courgettes, Onions would be a good start.
Old 26-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Plant some seeds and make sure they come from good crops because plants are A sexual meaning will give you an exact replical of the plant you got the seed from.

Then start a compost heap up and put apple corks and fruit skin ect ect and manure if you can find some and let them decompose and then apply the compost onto the plants and watch them grow.

Good luck buddy.
Old 26-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I've just planted 4 lettuces, 1 tomato plant and some parsley, impulse buy from the market.
Old 26-03-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm off to garden centre in the morning... I'll let you know what I go for. In the meantime anymore words of wisdom appreciated.
Old 26-03-2007, 09:29 PM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good choice. Potatoes are easy: dig the ground over again and shove them in - eyes up! Buy some compost (peat-free please!) and start the courgettes off in pots - it's still a bit early for them - and plant them out when they reach a decent size. Leave lots of space, courgette plants get BIG (if you're lucky).
Grow your onions from onion sets - much quicker and more reliable than seed. Once again, just stick them in, pointy end up. The blackbirds may pull them up to have a look - just shove them back, just the tip showing.
You'll need to keep all this lot well watered during the blazing summer.
(Which garden centre are you going to? Just being nosey.)
Old 26-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Tomatoes grow like wildfire. Sweetcorn and peppers taste great from the garden.
Old 26-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What's your location, Dorset? I can sort you out load of cuttings &/or seeded bits if you like?
Old 26-03-2007, 09:38 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Can you grow potatoes in containers?

Im sure I read once you can grow them in bin bags?

I grew some outdoor cucumbers last year and they were really nice.
Also the bell peppers did great in pots, got about 15 peppers from one plant!

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 26-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes - watch the courgettes. I grew some in my greenhouse one year and they literally took over the whole place! It was like a scene from the Day of the Trifids. They strangled all my plants in there. Mind you, I did get some nice courgettes off them