Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-03-2007, 12:51 AM
blues brother

rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead
BBS Bikers

Iv'e just been reading the thread - Bikers, dead men walking,
and can't believe how many blinkered dickheads there are on
the BBS, so this is a thread for all us bikers.
What do you ride?
is it a hobby (or a way of life)?
is it for convenience?
I guess what i am saying is b*llox to the car driving twats who think
it's their right to drive how they please
and then slag us off because we don't have to sit in the traffic!

discuss.
Old 31-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Scum
Old 31-03-2007, 12:54 AM
blues brother

rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead rattlehead
Prick
Old 31-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Banned by Moderators

Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S Alex_S
Re: BBS Bikers

Quote:
Originally posted by rattlehead
Iv'e just been reading the thread - Bikers, dead men walking,
and can't believe how many blinkered dickheads there are on
the BBS, so this is a thread for all us bikers.
What do you ride?
is it for convenience?
I guess what i am saying is b*llox to the car driving twats who think
it's their right to drive how they please
and then slag us off because we don't have to sit in the traffic!

discuss.
Yahama DT trials bike. F**king loved it, but crashed 5 times and thought my number was up on a few occasions.

Then again, it was only a 125cc bike so probably not in the same league as the 'real' BBS Bikers I sold it after somehow finding myself on the A1(M) and driving in the slow lane almost got sucked under a passing lorry.

All other real bikers - I salue you: Men with balls of steel. Just be carefull
Old 31-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 31-03-2007, 01:00 AM
blues brother

Re: Re: BBS Bikers

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex_S
Yahama DT trials bike. F**king loved it, but crashed 5 times and thought my number was up on a few occasions.

Then again, it was only a 125cc bike so probably not in the same league as the 'real' BBS Bikers I sold it after somehow finding myself on the A1(M) and driving in the slow lane almost got sucked under a passing lorry.

All other real bikers - I salue you: Men with balls of steel. Just be carefull
Will do
Old 31-03-2007, 02:49 AM
ANOK?

Palace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses grow
DIE
Old 31-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Born in Fort Neath

Eagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BART DIE?
Old 31-03-2007, 04:29 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
I have ridden:

Yamaha FS1E
Yamaha RD50mx
Yamaha RD125LC
Kawasaki KH125
Yamaha RD350ypvs
Kawasaki gpz900r
Suzuki GSXr1100

I am also a "car driving twat" and a "blinkered dickhead" having driven a number of different cars including several BMWs (bikers nemesis)

My point is that I have never heard a car driver slag of a "biker" because "they don't have to sit in traffic." I drive and ride as I please within the law.

There are far too many knobs about who are prepared to risk their own lives and others regardless of the number of wheels beneath them.

In Sanderstead tonight after dark, I witnessed someone on a black trails bike with no lights or skid lid dressed in black passing through at at least 50mph. Now if he had been a few seconds earlier or me a few seconds later, we would have colided as I would not have seen him, as I pulled onto the road I passed him on.

There are just as many irresponsible bikers as there are car drivers it's only the damage they inflict on eachother that differs.

Last edited by Phil's Barber; 31-03-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Old 31-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where do I start?

I have a Suzuki Hayabusa. Yes, an unrestriced 200mph legal road bike.

I am 46, hold down a reasonable job, have a sensible outlook on life. And I am still alive. For how long is a matter of opinion.

Its not the bike/speed handling that will do for me, but the amount of irresponsible, careless, dangerous car drivers on the road.

I have seen it all on in my 30 years on the road. Even the other day I overtook a car that was weaving slightly across HER lane. Went I went past HER the reason was obvious ..... she was drinking coffee/tea as she was driving.

It is mostly older people and women that are the danger, but I treat every car as a potential hazard. Every one. If they indicate left, they will turn right. If they are parked at a junction, they WILL pull out.

I think every person who takes a car test, should have to spend 30 mins on a moped riding around town to give them an understanding of people on 2 wheeel.

Car drivers ....... I hate 'em.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."

Last edited by Glaws Eagle; 31-03-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 31-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
Scum
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 31-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Re: BBS Bikers

Quote:
Originally posted by rattlehead

What do you ride?
is it for convenience?
ST1300, which is vastly too big for London riding - which is what I mainly do now - but is a hangover from the (pre-family) days when we used to go around Europe on the bike.

Have been biking ever since I was 17 - it's the only way to travel, a way of life that happens also to be the most convenient way to travel.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 31-03-2007, 11:37 AM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally posted by Glaws Eagle
Where do I start?

I think every person who takes a car test, should have to spend 30 mins on a moped riding around town to give them an understanding of people on 2 wheeel.

Car drivers ....... I hate 'em.
And Bikers should realise that the UK's speed limits apply to all vehicles.

The roads of Gwynedd are well known for being the 'weekender' bike riders race track & final resting place. The florists of the county do a good trade thanks to bikers, who seem to find it impossible to take a corner on the right side of the road.

There are good & bad drivers across the board, i drive 25k miles a year so, I see what goes on, which is easy to do driving within my & the speed limits.
Old 31-03-2007, 12:33 PM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FS1E
AP50
RD250DX
RD250E
RD400E
CB900F
Z1000A1
Z1000J2
GPZ750Turbo
FZR1000EXUP X2
RGV250 x2
Z900A4
sold the z900 about 3 months ago too old too lazy and already miss bikes. Glaws eagle is dead right treat every car on the road as if it is trying to kill you and my other philosophy was a car cant turn in front of you if it is behind you.
Old 31-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Semper Idem

Ah, the RD250.

I had a few happy years on one of those until it was nicked.

As for all the car drivers on this thread, why not go and preach on another one?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 31-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Semper Idem

I started off on a C50. I used to dream of riding a C90 you lucky lucky bastard.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 31-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
DT 125
ZZR 600

Broke me neck on the ZZR, but still want another one, even in a country everyone thinks they are the only one on the road.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 31-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm a frustrated former biker.

In reverse order:

Some ancient 250 Suzuki.
Yamaha XJ900
Kawasaki GT550
Honda 250 Super(wet)Dream
Suzuki GS125 (for a week)
Suzuki GT100

Except the last, all the others were over 7 year period in the late 80's and early 90's.

However, there is a chink of light at the end of the tunnel. I'm working on Mrs Sluggo to let me have a V-Max! AND I'M MAKING PROGRESS!!

With regard to what others have said about other drivers and riders ... there are always idiots on both sides of the fence. Idiots in cars kill other people, idiots on bikes generally kill themselves. Thats the only real difference. The only thing that I'm sure of is that riding a bike made me a better and more aware car driver.

Born to be Mild!
Old 31-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sluggo

With regard to what others have said about other drivers and riders ... there are always idiots on both sides of the fence. Idiots in cars kill other people, idiots on bikes generally kill themselves. Thats the only real difference. The only thing that I'm sure of is that riding a bike made me a better and more aware car driver.
Very true.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 31-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan
Banzai 8000
Toblerone 4RR
Kerrikatona 36DD
Sushi ZZS350
and once had a 250cc Billabong Wizzer, but I broke a fingernail putting my gloves on once, so had to give it up.