Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I-pod Headphones

Afternoon all,

I'm after some new headphones for my i-pod. The other ones are rubbish and have come apart in under a year. I would like a good set of quality headphones that are hard wearing, can anyone recommend me some ???
Old 18-04-2007, 04:05 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No, every set of headphones I ever buy dies on me after three months. Might invest in some Bose bad boys
Old 18-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Sennheiser - you should be able to get decent ones for 20-25 squids
Old 18-04-2007, 04:14 PM
never beat the ninja

Eric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric's Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would recommend Shure headphones. About £80-£120, so quite expensive, but worth it.
Old 18-04-2007, 04:15 PM

Little Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is here
nookiebear has a nice pair (fnar fnar), but I can't remenber what make they are.
Old 18-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
These are very good. Excellent sound. Should be able to get them cheaper if you shop around...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-04-2007, 05:16 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
What kind of thing are you after? (Open or closed? in ear or on ear?)

What is your budget?

Try here, many, many threads on the subject

Personally I like Sennheisers (PX100 open phones about £25, CX300 in ear about £35), if spending a bit more then Alessandro MS1 are excellent (about US$100 including shipping).
Old 18-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Sennheiser is indeed the way to go. Though I managed to destroy a pair as is my way. Caught them in the car door while still attached to the iPod in my pocket and discovered the shredded remnants only when I got home.

Last edited by Sussex Eagle; 18-04-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 18-04-2007, 05:30 PM

wickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
got a decent set of Sennheiser for £30 brillant sound quality and decent price as well

Old 18-04-2007, 05:34 PM
How difficult and drunken

thecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to move
Quote:
Originally posted by wickham_eagle
got a decent set of Sennheiser for £30 brillant sound quality and decent price as well

They're the Sennheiser300s aren't they. £16 from amazon, just got a pair and the music is sexy as hell. I'm hearing stuff I never knew existed. Not for the most hardened audiophile, but probably the best place to start for someone new to inner ear headphones.
Old 18-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I have some great sennheiser's, lasted ages and the sound is amazing.

maybe not direct from this site, i got mine from paypal....... £22
Old 18-04-2007, 06:10 PM

wickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by thecount
They're the Sennheiser300s aren't they. £16 from amazon, just got a pair and the music is sexy as hell. I'm hearing stuff I never knew existed. Not for the most hardened audiophile, but probably the best place to start for someone new to inner ear headphones.
yeh there the ones bought them in a hurry as i didn't have time to look on net to get them cheaper got a new black ipod video and came with white headphones so needed to get a pair fairly quickly
Old 18-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I have some Sure E2C's...excellent sound quality. I just need to get them sent off to Sure as the wire casing has become fragile. 2 year warranty is good though.
Old 18-04-2007, 06:17 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

These are the ones that bust on me recently. I also found the in ear thing quite uncomfortable. Never again!
Old 18-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have an ipod charger I no longer have any use for after some dirty thieving bastard nicked my handbag

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 18-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
TBH i dont know about a budget, i dont know what a decent pair of headphones cost. I know though because i'm going to be in hospital for a long time (6-8 weeks) that i want something comfortable. But none of this wrap around gayness. I want ones that pop in your ear.
Old 18-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS Murray
I had 2 pairs of sennheiser's but they fell apart after 2 months both times. I've had to sacrifice sound quality for toughness, but the Sony MDR-ED21's I have now are comfy and solid as a rock.
Old 18-04-2007, 07:00 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
TBH i dont know about a budget, i dont know what a decent pair of headphones cost. I know though because i'm going to be in hospital for a long time (6-8 weeks) that i want something comfortable. But none of this wrap around gayness. I want ones that pop in your ear.
In that case the Sennheiser CX300 or the Shures both mentioned earlier on this thread, both of these are 'in ear' and are noise isolating (handy in hospital if there are snorers in your ward). They both have decent sound, the Shure are better but more expensive.

If you go for the Senns make sure you get them from someone reputable as I have heard that there are many counterfeit ones on the market which sound awful.
Old 18-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Danger Zone

Thanks for the advice guys, i think i'll go for the Senns as Nookie has had his a while and seem a decent price.
Old 18-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:

15 quid here