Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going Travelling In Thailand

Hello chaps,

I am going travelling in Thailand in the summer and was wondering if people had any recommendations of things I have to do? I have read the lonely planet guide from cover to cover and drawn up a kind of rough itinerary which is very subject to change. I want to get my PADI when I am there, I want to do some jungly stuff. I would like to do the cultural/historical bit but would also like to party and chillout. I am aiming for 4-6 weeks at current.

Rough itinerary is below:

Arrive Bangkok
2 Days Bangkok including Temples, Markets and Moon Bar
Possibly 2 Days in Khao Yai National Park
Fly to Chiang Mai
2/3 Days Chiang Mai including temples and (night) safari
Fly to Koh Samui
Spend 2-3 weeks in Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Pha-ngan
PADI licence, Full Moon
Fly to Bangkok then onwards to Ko Chang (flight to Trat)
Spend 3 days on Ko Chang before making way to Pattaya
Spend 2 days in Pattaya
Return to Bangkok
4 Days in Vietnam
Return to Bangkok > home.

Totalling 5 weeks
Old 10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Also I saw flights from 450 rtn with Jet Airways but I am 6'5". Is it worth the risk long haul?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 PM

Murk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pattaya is a cesspit - spend more time in Ko Chang.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What do you plan on doing for 4 days in Vietnam? not much time there!

Diving is a great plan - I can't wait to get to Thailand and dive
Old 10-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Also I saw flights from 450 rtn with Jet Airways but I am 6'5". Is it worth the risk long haul?
I'm amazed by this recent revelation that you're lanky. Do you hunch or something?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
We Should Mate

Time_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fineTime_Warp is smiling and waving and looking so fine
I'm 6ft 4 and the long haul flights to Asia have never bothered me to be honest. In terms of flying internally in Thailand, some of those journeys could be done so much cheaper with an overnight bus or two. Obviously you have a small amount of time to do everything and if you're budget can afford those flights then fair enough!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

I have been doing some research, has anyone flown with Qatar airways before?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
I'm amazed by this recent revelation that you're lanky. Do you hunch or something?
sometimes when i talk to short people i am forced to stoop
Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
sometimes when i talk to short people i am forced to stoop
Honestly, I'd have had you down as about 5'10" or something, from Hull. Dunno if that says more about me.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I've heard they are pretty good.

For internal flights, use Bangkok or Thai Airways. When looking for internal flights, look at DMK airport (Bangkok's second airport) as well as BKK.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:09 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk E
Pattaya is a cesspit - spend more time in Ko Chang.
is the correct answer. unless you are going to see friends avoid Pattaya. Ko Chiang is a wonderful place (well it was 5 years ago) the beaches are great. Spend the extra time there (on in Vietnam) where are you going in Nam. HCMC? Do you know you need a visa before you arrive to go to Vietnam?

There is a great hotel in Chiang Mai that is cheap to stay at To view the link you have to Register or Login It's in a great location. When getting a taxi from the airport ask him if you can hire him for a day. It should cost about 2000/2500bhat. he'll pick you up from the hotel early (8am) and drive you all day. The only thing I've been to that I'd definatly avoid is the monkey show.

When I went to Ko Chiang I found it quicker to get a coach to trat. Like you I'm 6'5 and the comfort level is ok.

any questions you have let me know.

For your internal flights look at using air aisa when you can. if not Nok air. The bangkok airways planes that are used for internal flight at twin propeller planes given to loas and cambodia by the russians in the 70's to fight the yanks. they are not the best.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Marshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you want to blow your hotel budget in Chiang Mai stay here at the Chedi: To view the link you have to Register or Login

As others have mentioned I would give Pattaya a miss.

Also - head here for sunset cocktails in Bangkok - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Marshy; 10-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle
is the correct answer. unless you are going to see friends avoid Pattaya. Ko Chiang is a wonderful place (well it was 5 years ago) the beaches are great. Spend the extra time there (on in Vietnam) where are you going in Nam. HCMC? Do you know you need a visa before you arrive to go to Vietnam?

There is a great hotel in Chiang Mai that is cheap to stay at To view the link you have to Register or Login It's in a great location. When getting a taxi from the airport ask him if you can hire him for a day. It should cost about 2000/2500bhat. he'll pick you up from the hotel early (8am) and drive you all day. The only thing I've been to that I'd definatly avoid is the monkey show.

When I went to Ko Chiang I found it quicker to get a coach to trat. Like you I'm 6'5 and the comfort level is ok.

any questions you have let me know.

For your internal flights look at using air aisa when you can. if not Nok air. The bangkok airways planes that are used for internal flight at twin propeller planes given to loas and cambodia by the russians in the 70's to fight the yanks. they are not the best.
I havnt read up on nam fully yet but will do soon. Looks like pattaya can be missed out. What do you reckon to khao Yao national park? Or should I miss it out considering I will be going to chang national park and safari in chiang mai?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
when u get to Bangkok, Fly staright to Saigon and then spend the whole time traveling up the cost of Vietnam, i spent 2 months there and its much better!!!!!!!!

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 10-04-2009, 03:07 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hello chaps,

I am going travelling in Thailand in the summer and was wondering if people had any recommendations of things I have to do? I have read the lonely planet guide from cover to cover and drawn up a kind of rough itinerary which is very subject to change. I want to get my PADI when I am there, I want to do some jungly stuff. I would like to do the cultural/historical bit but would also like to party and chillout. I am aiming for 4-6 weeks at current.

Rough itinerary is below:

Arrive Bangkok
2 Days Bangkok including Temples, Markets and Moon Bar
Possibly 2 Days in Khao Yai National Park
Fly to Chiang Mai
2/3 Days Chiang Mai including temples and (night) safari
Fly to Koh Samui
Spend 2-3 weeks in Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Pha-ngan
PADI licence, Full Moon
Fly to Bangkok then onwards to Ko Chang (flight to Trat)
Spend 3 days on Ko Chang before making way to Pattaya
Spend 2 days in Pattaya
Get some STDs
Return to Bangkok
4 Days in Vietnam
Return to Bangkok > home.

Totalling 5 weeks
Old 10-04-2009, 03:09 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes you won't get better for the money, 485 odd return .

The word 'from' is the important word in cheap flight adverts.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy
If you want to blow your hotel budget in Chiang Mai stay here at the Chedi: To view the link you have to Register or Login

As others have mentioned I would give Pattaya a miss.

Also - head here for sunset cocktails in Bangkok - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Banyan tree is a must .

Pattaya is great for looking at tits and minge while you get pissed , but it is a cess pit.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:19 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
Honestly, I'd have had you down as about 5'10" or something, from Hull.
I think he is from Godstone.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Jamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindJamio is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkind
Do your PADI in Koh Tao, go to full moon party and then spend more time in Vietnam.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not much going on in Koh Samui, but is great for relaxing (just spent 4 days there) - In Bangers now until Sunday - a lot more hectic!!

Btw - jet airways has great economy seats.