Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Ouch!

Been missing from here for a couple of days, and this is the reason why. Tuesday morning, 9:45. Lovely quiet country lane, sun finally emerging after night of gale force winds and sideways rain. All alone, having a nice steady ride on my Kawasaki ZZR600, took a right hand bend and the next thing I know I am cartwheeling through a cabbage field, with my motorbike doing it's best to stomp all over my head!

Finally come to rest, flat on my back amongst rotten smelling cabbages, try to get up but body won't let me, can't breathe, tell myself not to panic as I am just winded. Do an inventory of body parts and whether they still work. Hear a voice off to my right "F*ckin' 'ell mate! You all right?"

Tell the questioner that yes I was fine, laying in the middle of a cabbage field getting a suntan at ten in the morning! The samaritan came and helped me up and told me that he had come round the corner to see my bike upside down in a ditch, with me lying twenty feet away. "I fort you wus dead!"

Assure my helper that I am far from dead, as he helps me lift bike up and back onto the road. Ride bike the 1 mile home, covered in thick mud (me and the bike), serious wobbling coming from front forks and bits of fairing dropping off.

Get home, and realise that I have an egg-sized lump on my left wrist and my right elbow is swelling up. Mrs Maidstoned returns home 15 minutes later and drags me off to A&E.

They think I may have fractured my wrist and damaged my back, as my movement becomes increasingly restricted as the time drags on. I am Triaged, X-Rayed etc. in 5 hours!

I have recieved the following injuries;

Bruised spine and neck
Severe Bruising of left forearm (Lovely purple, yellow, red and black bruise running from wrist to elbow)
Swollen right elbow
Various cuts and bruises all over

I am now sitting in front of my computer wearing a neck brace/collar thingy and have just found out that the bike is possibly a write off! Good job I am fully comp.

Mrs Maidstoned took me back to the crash scene to try and work out how I lost control, as I was only doing 30-35MPH and there was nothing else around. It seems I missed a telegraph pole by about 5ft, and the only thing |I can see that would've made me skid is the tar used to cover up old "Cats eyes" is really shiny and slippery when damp. They are also in the middle of my lane.

Looks like I am back to four wheels, and maybe I'll give Claims Direct a call. Anyway, just thought I would share my small tale of woe with you.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Ouch, sounds like you were lucky and unlucky all at the same time.

Get well soon.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Christ, I have never laid my bike down, and can't imagine what that feels like! I am glad to hear that you are still kicking and wish you a speedy recovery!
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 28-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
OUCH! indeed. Glad you're ( more or less) OK. May your bruises fade quickly

There is only cold comfort
To be found in the current climate
Inside a chaos of corruption
That chills the heart
We are deep in hot water
Drowning in a consumer economy
Old 28-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Spod

A.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adored
Sorry to hear about that, at least you've still got all your bits attached.

It might be worthwhile taking a picture of the road, especially any dodgy surface that may have caused you to slide just in case you decide to claim against the council.

I've got my own(albeit nowhere near as painful) problems trying to find bike insurance for less than a grand! - it runs out in two weeks.

Love bikes, hate paying through the nose for everything associated with them though.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Sorry to hear that Maidstoned..Ive had a couple of bike accidents in my time so I knoe exactly how you feel, and im sure im right in thinking that although injured, the biggest dent in you must be yr pride..nit nice, still pick yrself up, dust yrself down etc etc. COULD have been worse (although could have been a damned site better too..dont u hate that saying?!)...Still look on the PLUS side of things, fully comp = MONEY BACK (well book value anyhoo)..then buy it back, repair it yrself etc, hasstle I know BUT will make u a few quid right?!..Also how are u gonna claim anything from those claims direct ppll then?.Unless u r thinking about claiming against the council for the state of the road?..Let me know!,

See ya.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Took pictures yesterday, and the wife wants to photograph my injuries as well. A.D. have you tried Carole Nash, they are who I am with and were about £300 cheaper than everywhere else

Quotations no. is : 0800 298 5500

Old 28-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by A.D.
Sorry to hear about that, at least you've still got all your bits attached.

It might be worthwhile taking a picture of the road, especially any dodgy surface that may have caused you to slide just in case you decide to claim against the council.

I've got my own(albeit nowhere near as painful) problems trying to find bike insurance for less than a grand! - it runs out in two weeks.

Love bikes, hate paying through the nose for everything associated with them though.
GEEEZ!..how old r u and just what bike r u riding mate?!!
Old 28-02-2002, 08:52 PM
įr lį

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
The lengths some will go to get a nice crease in their trousers.

Speedy recovery mate, glad it wasn't worse, sometimes we all imagine how we are going to pop our clogs, but could you have lived with taking your final breath lying in a cabbage field in a pink leather cat suit?
Old 28-02-2002, 09:14 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I fell off my (push)bike on Tuesday and bruised my arm. Maidstoned just has to go and do it bigger and better so I get no sympathy

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 28-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Spod

A.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adored
Quote:
Originally posted by Malakite

GEEEZ!..how old r u and just what bike r u riding mate?!!
33 & ride a Kawasaki ZX9R, had my licence for 6 years & haven't made any claims!

I'll do some fishing around for quotes later, the usual reply is either big money or "we won't insure you on that bike in that postcode(East Croydon)"

I wouldn't mind but my high policy price is caused by all these little sh!ts riding scooters and dropping them on the floor left, right, and centre.
Rant over, apologies if I offended any scooter riders.

Maidstoned - I'll try Carole Nash, thanks for the phone number. I've heard mixed reviews about them, but if it saves a few bob I'll be persuaded to sign on the line.
Old 28-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally posted by A.D.

33 & ride a Kawasaki ZX9R, had my licence for 6 years & haven't made any claims!

I'll do some fishing around for quotes later, the usual reply is either big money or "we won't insure you on that bike in that postcode(East Croydon)"

I wouldn't mind but my high policy price is caused by all these little sh!ts riding scooters and dropping them on the floor left, right, and centre.
Rant over, apologies if I offended any scooter riders.

Maidstoned - I'll try Carole Nash, thanks for the phone number. I've heard mixed reviews about them, but if it saves a few bob I'll be persuaded to sign on the line.
I was 35, had my licence for 10 years, but no bike in that time. Mind you I do live out in the sticks.

Old 28-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
People. please stop talking about me behind my back!
Old 28-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAJ1969 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Christ! Hope you're back to 100% soon. All the best
Old 28-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Forget all those little slow bikes. You need the power of a Kawasaki 1000 LTD bwtween your legs! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH But if you do what Maidstoned did, it wouldn't really matter would it?
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 28-02-2002, 09:42 PM
Old Mother Gruftymunk

Monty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pete - thank God you're OK mate.

Hope you recover soon.

Ooh, makes me shiver, it could have been SO much worse.

Take care
Old 28-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Maidstoned sorry to hear about your crash and i hope you fully recover soon.
But as for motorbike i dislike them greatly. I went on a back of a moped about 5 years ago and **** my pants doing 30 mph, yet when i'm in my car i am quite happy to drive fast (but careful). At Xmas when i was in the States seeing my bro we ended up at his boss' house for Xmas lunch. His daughter took me out on this bike, not too sure what it was it was bigger than a moped/ scramble bike but not as big as a big bike (sorry don't know what to call them) After being on the back and feeling fine she asked me if i wanted a go. Trying to impress this beautiful young lady i agreed. I started off ok but half way down the street she was shouting something. This was '' Why are you driving on the wrong side of the road'' So after hearing this and seeing a car come towards me i moved across to the other side of the road. By doing this i clipped the frong wheel and set the bike falling to one side with me and the fit bird coming off at about 30 ish miles an hour. I cut my leg pretty bad ripped my new jeans and hit my head (lucky for a crash helmet). So after this i have decided never to get on a bike again. i don't have a problem with people riding bikes its just it seems an unesercaery ( **** sp) risk. But quick recovery to all.
Old 28-02-2002, 10:31 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Maidstoned sorry to hear about your crash and i hope you fully recover soon.
But as for motorbike i dislike them greatly. I went on a back of a moped about 5 years ago and **** my pants doing 30 mph, yet when i'm in my car i am quite happy to drive fast (but careful). At Xmas when i was in the States seeing my bro we ended up at his boss' house for Xmas lunch. His daughter took me out on this bike, not too sure what it was it was bigger than a moped/ scramble bike but not as big as a big bike (sorry don't know what to call them) After being on the back and feeling fine she asked me if i wanted a go. Trying to impress this beautiful young lady i agreed. I started off ok but half way down the street she was shouting something. This was '' Why are you driving on the wrong side of the road'' So after hearing this and seeing a car come towards me i moved across to the other side of the road. By doing this i clipped the frong wheel and set the bike falling to one side with me and the fit bird coming off at about 30 ish miles an hour. I cut my leg pretty bad ripped my new jeans and hit my head (lucky for a crash helmet). So after this i have decided never to get on a bike again. i don't have a problem with people riding bikes its just it seems an unesercaery ( **** sp) risk. But quick recovery to all.
Sorry but AAAAAHAHAHA I take it the bird was NOT very impressed then mate!..hee hee...was there any damage to the bike?..or just damage to any chance you had with this girlie?!
Old 01-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
She was fine because she landed on me
she got up and started laughing but i had scratched all one side of the bike dented it and broken a bit off. My bro was pissed off because it was his boss' bike and his daughter had a cut on her hand. I came off worse. But i guess Xmas forgives all
Old 01-03-2002, 04:36 PM
Sonic Boom!

Lucky man...still the question still remains..did you get laid or not?!!