Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-05-2010, 03:38 PM

DaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nick Carle set to leave?

I know we heard this most of last summer too but appears something could be in the pipeline, would be gutted to see him leave, don't believe he was given enough chance to show how good a player he was.

VITEZSLAV Lavicka has hinted strongly that Socceroo Nick Carle will leave Crystal Palace to join Sydney FC as their marquee man.

The coach revealed to The Daily Telegraph yesterday why Carle was more important than Robbie Fowler in his plans as he rebuilds his team to defend the A-League title and also take them into Asia.

"I still believe Nicky will play for us," Lavicka said yesterday.

"I hope the Sydney FC board, Nick Carle and his agent will work out an agreement that allows him to come to us. I know the negotiations keep going and it's difficult, but I still believe it's possible to do it."

Lavicka said he had spoken with Carle, who was named earlier this week in Pim Verbeek's provisional list of 30 players for the World Cup. Lavicka said his priority was always a No. 10.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"No disrespect to Robbie [Fowler] and what he has achieved in football, but in my opinion he is a striker - not a No. 10," he said. "I wish him all the best in Perth. We will be opponents but not enemies.

"I just think that Nicky is a good stone for our philosophy. I watched several games in which he played in Europe last season and also for the Socceroos. He's younger than Robbie and I think his career is going up."

Lavicka does have a plan B if Carle stays at Palace, who went into administration in January and just survived relegation on the last day of the Championship.

Lavicka admitted he had spoken to some players and agents in his native Czech Republic, while back home on holidays for a month after the grand final, about playing for Sydney.

"We have another possibility for this position [No. 10] and we still need a striker and one or two midfielders. The players I spoke to are keen to come to Sydney."

Sydney have lost Clint Bolton, Simon Colosimo, Karol Kisel, Steve Corica and John Aloisi.

Lavicka remains hopeful the new players will be here in time for the clash with Everton at ANZ Stadium on July 10.

"It's a big game for us and I'd like to have my best squad," Lavicka said.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on May 20.

"This season is going to be long and difficult," Lavicka said. "We know it's going to be even harder to win the championship again, then we have the Asian Champions League."

The affable Czech let the cat out of the bag that he would be at the helm of the Sky Blues when they return to the ACL in March.
Old 13-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Worst value signing for a long time. NW's worst deal.
Old 13-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical Palace
Worst value signing for a long time. NW's worst deal.
Correct. Not the worst player NW bought, but the worst value for money.
Old 13-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice Marmit

Voldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
John Aloisi

Old 13-05-2010, 03:55 PM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Never really stepped up when he was given the chance, might be best to see out his career back home.
Old 13-05-2010, 03:56 PM

Palace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would have potentially been worth it given the chance, always looked classy.
Old 13-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It wouldn't surprise me to see Nick go.

Flashes of what he's capable of, but unfortunately too many quiet games (which could probably be attributed to our style of play).

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 13-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Rebel
Would have potentially been worth it given the chance, always looked classy.
He is a classy player, but from everything I've read, seen and heard, his workrate is lacking. Warnock didn't stand for players being passengers for large portions of matches, and by the looks of things, nor did Hart.

If he had a little more pace, he'd be great in the Premier League - but he doesn't so few clubs would go near him.

Shame, I wanted him to succeed.
Old 13-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wouldn't surprise me if he left but we get a manager who wants to play football then he will be very handy
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 13-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
Wouldn't surprise me if he left but we get a manager who wants to play football then he will be very handy
So why did Watson look so comfortable in our side ahead of Carle?
Old 13-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77
So why did Watson look so comfortable in our side ahead of Carle?
Because he played a far deeper role, and actively looked to collect the ball from the defenders. Carle plays a good 20 yards further forward.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 13-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyMatt
Because he played a far deeper role, and actively looked to collect the ball from the defenders. Carle plays a good 20 yards further forward.
But there is this ludicrous argument that Carle's omission only equates to a non footballing side. Carle done OK at times, but when played in his role hardly set the world alight, thus my original statement, a waste of money. If he was the next Diego I'd imagine it would have shone through in training in the eyes of Gary Johnson, Neil Warnock and Paul Hart.
Old 13-05-2010, 04:59 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
He's crap.

Time to get rid
Old 13-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
With Derry & Ertl out of contract
& Ambrose & Danns coveted, I'd be loathe to lose Nicky just yet. He could have a greater role next season should he stay
Old 13-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC Steve_CPFC
I hope he doesn't go. Don't think he got a fair run at the end of the season.
Old 13-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Sonic Youth

Jolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A player I would've liked to see succeed at Palace (well, I'd like everybody to succeed...), but since he's never made an impact it's not someone I'd miss. A pretty big impact on the wage bill, I assume, though. I'm sure he'll do a job elsewhere.
Old 13-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Norwegian
A player I would've liked to see succeed at Palace (well, I'd like everybody to succeed...), but since he's never made an impact it's not someone I'd miss. A pretty big impact on the wage bill, I assume, though. I'm sure he'll do a job elsewhere.
Agreed, a player we all were willing to succeed, but who has never quite fully established himself in 2 full seasons now.

At crossroads now, does he stick it out & fight for his place, or go for a fresh start?
Old 13-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Yep. Very gifted player, but probably not right style wise for the CCC. If we can get a portion of the original fee back, and get him off the wage bill, then a move is best for all concerned imho
Old 13-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The best thing Nick Carle did in his Palace career was shield Clint Hill off the pitch at Hillsborough.

Remember that shot he had for Bristol City on his debut at SP?
Old 13-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Hasnt been given the chance to show his value. I bet hes on the most at the club, but he is a very talented player.I think he should be derrys replacement 10/11 season.

I Cant wait for N'Diaye next year too. He'll be class.