Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
The Magic Mushroom Thread

Someone mentioned them on another thread, and yes, it is that time of year.

Back in the old days my mates used to head down to Coldharbour near Dorking and gorge themselves stupid.

Tried 'em a couple of times myself and on a good night you'd just laugh and laugh....

Anyone out there still partaking?
Old 14-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not for many years but I read an article in NewScientist mag last night that mentioned them.

A research team had found that psycobillin, the active ingredient in shrooms, in small doses can reduce feelings of anxiety and improve mood in humans. I have to say, that didn't strike me as particularly surprising.
Old 14-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
I'm sure a few hours of belly laughter brings all sorts of benefits.... (but that ain't guaranteed, so go easy kids!)
Old 14-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Microwave them and serve in yogurt. They turn to powder so you have literally no idea how much you are taking. In fact it's possible to take thousands rather than the 60-120 suggested dosage.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
Not for many years but I read an article in NewScientist mag last night that mentioned them.

A research team had found that psycobillin, the active ingredient in shrooms, in small doses can reduce feelings of anxiety and improve mood in humans. I have to say, that didn't strike me as particularly surprising.
Perhaps, when I've taken mushrooms the comedown was the worst I've ever had, paranoid and anxious.

I haven't had them for years, but probably would if i could get my hands on some decent ones.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU
Perhaps, when I've taken mushrooms the comedown was the worst I've ever had, paranoid and anxious.
I suspect it is all about a controlled small dosage.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
I know I'm getting old when I'm more excited about finding some ceps. mmmm.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:36 PM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I miss the golden age of To view the link you have to Register or Login - being 17 and having a mushroom delivery service changed everything!

Last edited by Matt_Hep; 14-09-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:38 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
When I was about 18 a mate said fancy trying some Magic mushrooms?

I said is it like smoking dope?

He said Yes.

I said ok then .

Had the most incredible and amazing time but vowed never again.

I was too worried about what a bad time on them would be like.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 14-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Bigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU

I haven't had them for years, but probably would if i could get my hands on some decent ones.
Yeh I think they were amazing but the comedown was the worst in terms of how I felt, didn't feel rough just unbelievably depressed wherever other substances haven't done that.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:50 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
When I was about 18 a mate said fancy trying some Magic mushrooms?

I said is it like smoking dope?

He said Yes.

I said ok then .

Had the most incredible and amazing time but vowed never again.

I was too worried about what a bad time on them would be like.
Try waking up in hospital with a tube down your nose it to your stomach!! thats pretty bad. Then watching your dad piss himself laughing.
Old 14-09-2010, 04:02 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
good massively drunk in amsterdam, and had some 'moist hawaiian mushrooms'....with my chips and mayo.

Also couldnt stop laughing, and crying tears of laughter, but also couldnt sleep and got parranoid i would NEVER sleep again. Strange feeling, not nice, not horrible.

Dotnt think i'll do them again. got the sort of Been there - done that' feeling.
Old 14-09-2010, 04:29 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh I don't know, I'm going cep picking next week, & I've got it in mind that I might keep an eye out for the odd liberty cap as well. I never had a bad come down on them, just very tired & slightly euphoric. Quite pleasant really, although I remember really over doing it on powdered mushrooms and worrying that I might never sleep again ! Although actually that might have been Fly Garrick (spelling ?).
Old 14-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13
Oh I don't know, I'm going cep picking next week, & I've got it in mind that I might keep an eye out for the odd liberty cap as well. I never had a bad come down on them, just very tired & slightly euphoric. Quite pleasant really, although I remember really over doing it on powdered mushrooms and worrying that I might never sleep again ! Although actually that might have been Fly Garrick (spelling ?).
you tried fly agaric, the red ones with white spots?

thats kind of brave - how did you get the dosage right?
Old 14-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Great fun, anyone knowing of good picking in east Sussex pm pls!!!
Old 14-09-2010, 04:53 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
not had shrooms for years. remember picking them near Otford. we got half a carrier bag of them and they were fantastic when a load of us went to see Pink Floyd at earls court.. had some very spacey tripper milkshakes in Thailand.

very easy to cultivate at home

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 14-09-2010, 04:58 PM
The Snot Machine

Sweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not saySweetpea! knows the things you wanted that you could not say
I'd imagine they just make me feel sick, so I have no desire to try them.
Old 14-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
We grew some Ecuadorian ones at uni, they were massive and amazing! Had them a fair few times 'back in the day' (cringe) but probably wouldn't touch them nowadays. Remember finding the world very 'real' and seeing it how it is on some comedowns when I also couldn't sleep (I know that sounds like hippy BS). Had some great visuals on them as well, could've stared at some posters on my wall for hours!

Never tried Fly Agaric and by all accounts they're a completely different kettle of fish. Thing is when they criminalised normal magic mushrooms they left those alone which can be far more dangerous

I heard people used to pick them in the field by Lingfield station (never picked them myself).
Old 14-09-2010, 05:25 PM

chisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weedchisel is AJ vs the 'weed
Shirley hills used to have loads, maybe thats why the " dogging " took off there they were all of their nut
Old 14-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
Great fun, anyone knowing of good picking in east Sussex pm pls!!!
The land I used to lease for a shoot in Horam would be a good place to start. It's behind the old Merrydown Cider works if you know Horam.