Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-04-2002, 06:55 AM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
SBS Broadcasts

I've just booked one month LSL for June because I've been told SBS has bought the rights to broadcast the World Cup games that CH.9 don't want i.e. about 40 odd games. Can't get confirmation from SBS, anyone in Oz heard anything?
Old 04-04-2002, 06:59 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I read yesterday that CH9 have bought the rights but are showing bugger all games. SBS are in negotiations to pretty much show all of the games CH9 wont be showing. Thank god for that too because the thought of watching games with ads in them doesnt excite me.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:13 AM
Whinging Pom!

DennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningDennisUphill would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Yeah, it's all a bit of a crippler at the moment. Nine are showing about 16 games and apparently want $5 mill. for the remaining matches and SBS are/were negotiating. I telephoned FOX and they are hanging out to get into negotiations with Nine, but Gov. regs insist on free to air TV having priority initially. Fox states that a decision has to be finalised 6 weeks before commencement of the finals.
Since finding this out I have been told SBS have cracked it but I can't get confirmation.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:14 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Okay, got the article here. CH9 are showing just 16 games, 6 of which are from the 1st round with the England v Argentina been easily the pick of the lot.

It says SBS is set to televise 48 WC matches live an produce a daily one-hour program of highlights during June. SBS lawyers are still negotiating with Kirch, the rights holder for the worlds biggest sporting event, but there seems to be little doubt the WC finals will be seen on free to air tv.

CH9 paid $10m for the rights but has decided to show just 16 matches which will include both semis and the final. SBS stepped in and will end up benefiting from nines dubious selection of early matches - it has even ignored the opening match between cup holder France and Senegal.

SBS cannot announce its plans until all the contracts are finalised but the planning has already started and production meetings have been held this week. Leading English commentator Martin tyler has been engaged, along with Paul Williams, who has been SBS's main soccer caller for the past 4 years.

The assurance is that every game will be televised live even when it clashes with 9's coverage. That will happen on June 11 when SBS will televise the Republic of Irelands game against Saudi Arabia while nine will show the Germany v Cameroon game.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisUphill
Since finding this out I have been told SBS have cracked it but I can't get confirmation.
Oh.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:51 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hate to think how Nine will treat the WC. I bet when push comes to shove they could make all sorts of compromises against a commitment to show games live and in full. It was bad enough with Seven throwing to an ad break for a throw-in, but goodness help us if games come up against the AFL or even A Current Affair. “Well, we’ll have to leave the penalty shoot-out there to go to the news …”

… and no doubt we’ll have the likes of Eddie McGuire to host the coverage, all delivered in AFL-speak for the benefit of the great unwashed. With a bit of luck, Paul Wade is contracted to 7 so we won’t have to endure his hyperbole. But if Paul Williams and Martin Tyler are used for the (yet unconfirmed) SBS coverage, who will commentate for Nine. Possibly they make take a commentary feed from the BBC, in which case for the first time in many years we’ll cop the blinkered views of Barry Davies and the pomposity of John Motson?
Old 09-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Whinging Pom!

Don't know about you lot over East, but there's a lot of boozers over here advertising that they are showing all games live. I'll try and find out who's feed they are using, still can't get any response from SBS as to their progress. A Fox rep. told me that the free to air mobs have got until 6 weeks prior to kick off, to get their arses in gear. That obviously is nearly up so we might get some action shortly.
'Ere's 'Oping!
Old 09-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by philaire
I hate to think how Nine will treat the WC. I bet when push comes to shove they could make all sorts of compromises against a commitment to show games live and in full. It was bad enough with Seven throwing to an ad break for a throw-in, but goodness help us if games come up against the AFL or even A Current Affair. “Well, we’ll have to leave the penalty shoot-out there to go to the news …”
Absolutely correct,SBS are the only channel that should show football on free to air in this country,they are the only ones dedicated to giving the best entertainment possible to football supporters in Australia. Channel nine showing 16 games is digraceful,I felt sick when i heard they won the rights and they will make the coverage a farce,taking alot of the enjoyment out of what will be a brilliant world cup.

Quote:
… and no doubt we’ll have the likes of Eddie McGuire to host the coverage, all delivered in AFL-speak for the benefit of the great unwashed. With a bit of luck, Paul Wade is contracted to 7 so we won’t have to endure his hyperbole.
Again,I have to agree 100% I hate watching these tw@ts like Eddie McGuire and Bruce "the f*ckwit" MacAvannie(sp?) hosting sports they know **** all about. If Paul Wade has anything to do with the commentary,I'll shoot myself.....biggest w@nker around that guy

Me,bitter?....never

I'm just praying Fox Sports get the coverage so we don't have to put up with this sh!te from channel nine.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Whinging Pom!

This is getting bleedin' strange, I rang up me local and they confirmed they are showing all games live and the broadcster is FOX.
I rang FOX and their rep stated to me that there were no plans to broadcast WC 2002 over their pay tv arm. And SBS are still cocking a deaf 'un. So basically it's got me phukked.
Looks like I'll end up skint and an alky by the time the months out.
Old 17-04-2002, 05:49 AM
Whinging Pom!

To Ben H and any interested parties that may be in OZ for the World Cup, 'Don't Panic' SBS our ethnic Broadcaster has confirmed that all WC 2002 games will be shown free to air and live.
They've paid the dough and expect to do it at a loss in the public interest.
Many thanks SBS for keeping football alive, if it was left to the other poxy free (7,9,& 10 particularly) to air channels it would disappear off our screens completely.
Can I ask that any OZ BBS'ers e-mail Les Murray and his cohorts and kiss 'em on the arse, cos without 'em we'd be cream crackered.
Keeping the game alive they are.
Old 17-04-2002, 01:31 PM

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
To Ben H and any interested parties that may be in OZ for the World Cup, 'Don't Panic' SBS our ethnic Broadcaster has confirmed that all WC 2002 games will be shown free to air and live.
They've paid the dough and expect to do it at a loss in the public interest.
Many thanks SBS for keeping football alive, if it was left to the other poxy free (7,9,& 10 particularly) to air channels it would disappear off our screens completely.
Can I ask that any OZ BBS'ers e-mail Les Murray and his cohorts and kiss 'em on the arse, cos without 'em we'd be cream crackered.
Keeping the game alive they are.

what about fox sports Dennis? any news?
Old 17-04-2002, 01:36 PM

SBS World Cup schedule:

- The matches for which the Nine Network currently hold the rights are in italics.
- All matches are in AEST.
- LIVE matches are 30mins earlier in SA and Darwin and 2 hours earlier in Perth.

Friday May 31
Opening Ceremony @7.00pm
France v Senegal @9.30pm

Saturday June 1
Ireland v Cameroon @4.00pm
Uruguay v Denmark @6.50pm
Germany v Saudi Arabia TBA

Sunday June 2
England v Sweden @7.30pm
Paraguay v South Africa @5.30pm
Argentina v Nigeria @3.00pm
Spain v Slovenia @9.30pm

Monday June 3
Croatia v Mexico @4.00pm
Brazil v Turkey @6.50pm
Italy v Ecuador TBA

Monday June 4
China v Costa Rica @4.00pm
Japan v Belgium @6.50pm
Korea Republic v Poland @9.20pm

Wednesday June 5
Russia v Tunisia @4.00pm
U.S.A. v Portugal @6.50pm
Germany v Ireland @9.20pm

Thursday June 6
France v Uruguay @9.20pm
Cameroon v Saudi Arabia @6.50pm
Denmark v Senegal @4.00pm

Friday June 7
Sweden v Nigeria @4.00pm
Spain v Paraguay @6.50pm
Argentina v England TBA

Saturday June 8
South Africa v Slovenia @4.00pm
Italy v Croatia TBA
Brazil v China TBA

Sunday June 9
Mexico v Ecuador @4.00pm
Costa Rica v Turkey @6.50pm
Japan v Russia @9.00pm

Monday June 10
Korea Republic v U.S.A. @4.00pm
Tunisia v Belgium @6.50pm
Portugal v Poland @9.20pm

Tuesday June 11
Denmark v France @4.00pm
Senegal v Uruguay @6.50pm - delayed
Cameroon v Germany TBA
Saudi Arabia v Ireland @9.20pm

Wednesday June 12
Sweden v Argentina @6.50pm - delayed
Nigeria v England @4.00pm
South Africa v Spain @9.20pm
Slovenia v Paraguay @11.30pm - delayed

Thursday June 13
Costa Rica v Brazil @4.00pm
Turkey v China @6.50pm - delayed
Mexico v Italy @9.20pm
Ecuador v Croatia @11.30pm - delayed

Friday June 14
Tunisia v Japan @4.00pm
Belgium v Russia @6.50pm - delayed
Portugal v Korea Rep. @9.20pm
Poland v U.S.A. @11.30pm - delayed

SECOND ROUND

Saturday June 15
Match #49 - 1st Group E v 2nd Group B @4.00pm
Match #50 - 1st Group A v 2nd Group F TBA

Sunday June 16
Match #51 - 1st Group F v 2nd Group A @4.00pm
Match #52 - 1st Group B v 2nd Group E TBA

Monday June 17
Match #53 - 1st Group G v 2nd Group D @4.00pm
Match #54 - 1st Group C v 2nd Group H TBA

Tuesday June 18
Match #55 - 1st Group H v 2nd Group C @4.00pm
Match #56 - 1st Group D v 2nd Group G TBA

QUARTER-FINALS

* All quarter-finalists are winners of corresponding second round matches.

Friday June 21
Match #57 - Match 50 v Match 54 TBA
Match #58 - Match 49 v Match 53 @9.00pm

Saturday June 22
Match #59 - Match 52 v Match 56 @4.00pm
Match #60 - Match 51 v Match 55 TBA

SEMI-FINALS

* All semi-finalists are winners of corresponding quarter-final matches.

Tuesday June 25
Match #61 - Match 58 v Match 59 TBA
Match #62 - Match 57 v Match 60 TBA

THIRD-PLACE PLAYOFF

Saturday June 29
Loser Match 61 v Loser Match 62 TBA

WORLD CUP FINAL

Sunday June 30
Winner Match 61 v Winner Match 62 TBA

Last edited by sydney eagle; 17-04-2002 at 01:40 PM.
Old 17-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Whinging Pom!

Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle

what about fox sports Dennis? any news?
According to them they are supplying the pubs, in the West anyway.
They wanted to have the household feed badly, but as I said previously 'free to air' had priority and SBS snapped it up just prior to deadline.
I'm glad for the people who can't afford pay TV.
Hope that helps.
Old 17-04-2002, 02:07 PM

Quote:

According to them they are supplying the pubs, in the West anyway.
They wanted to have the household feed badly, but as I said previously 'free to air' had priority and SBS snapped it up just prior to deadline.
I'm glad for the people who can't afford pay TV.
Hope that helps.
cheers mate
Old 18-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Nice!

Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
I think the SBS participation has been finalised - so good news.

Good idea if all Sydney BBS'ers meet up for England / Ireland games in The City somewhere??? Who's in?
Old 23-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Nice!

Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
So i'ts just me then......