Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Only Eagle in Stockton?

braker is playing for a contract
Dyer and gerrard injured

DOUBLE SCARE FOR ENGLAND

Saturday May 11 2002

OTHER STORIES

Dyer Injury Scare In Saints Clash

FA Chief's Salute To Ferguson

England's World Cup hopes suffered a scare as two key midfielders suffered injuries on the final day of the Premiership season.

Newcastle's Kieron Dyer was carried off during the clash at Southampton.

A crude knee-high lunge by Tahar El Khalej - which earned the Southampton man a red card - brought a speedy run from Dyer to an end and left the midfielder sprawled on the turf.

Dyer had two minutes' treatment on the pitch before being stretchered off and taken straight down the tunnel.

At Anfield, Steven Gerrard was taken off midway through the first half of Liverpool's game against Ipswich.

The midfielder walked from the pitch after suffering a slight groin strain.

football 365

That'dbe half my first choice midfield out! anyone else worried?
Old 11-05-2002, 09:42 PM

hellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Gerrard is fine, felt a pull in his groin but is OK according to Houllier. Was suited and booted in time to do a lap of honour at the end of their game. Dyer is not as bad as first thought, something with his left leg, not sure what. Was not taken to hospital and is being treated by the club physio currently.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Only Eagle in Stockton?

braker is playing for a contract
Does that mean they'll be ok for WC?
Old 11-05-2002, 09:46 PM

hellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Latest on Dyer - damaged left knee, feeling 'distressed' and Bobby Robson can say no more. FA want him to be examined by their medical team. Gerrard will be fine for World Cup, Bobby doesn't yet know about Dyer.
Old 13-05-2002, 12:23 AM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I heard that gerard is almost certain to miss the WC

This is awful news and i think this will be more important than neville dyer carragher.....
Old 13-05-2002, 12:40 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I think Sven should have planned without Gerrard months back. The player is a liability injury wise and I would have been surprised if he had lasted the first match. How many full games has he played for Liverpool this season?

So Murphy replaces him, who replaces Dyer and who gives that Southampton tw@t a slap.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 13-05-2002, 12:42 AM

cpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
who knows matt jansen could still be on his way to japan and korea
Old 13-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterH
I think Sven should have planned without Gerrard months back. The player is a liability injury wise and I would have been surprised if he had lasted the first match. How many full games has he played for Liverpool this season?
Excellent point and another reason why I think Michael Carrick should have got a place in the squad, maybe Frank Lampard, too. Given Dyer's injury, surely Sven should now swallow his pride and call on MacManaman?
Old 13-05-2002, 01:45 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

Excellent point and another reason why I think Michael Carrick should have got a place in the squad, maybe Frank Lampard, too. Given Dyer's injury, surely Sven should now swallow his pride and call on MacManaman?
Carrick is almost as injury prone as Gerrard

Saw in the paper this morning that Sinclair has been put on standby, Murphy called into the squad, and any further additions will be taken from the U21 squad. So we could see Carrick or Dunn put on standby. Seems to rule out any possiblity of Jansen though which is a shame.
Old 13-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Dyer....no real biggie. He hasn't impressed yet in an England shirt, and was always a likely injury. Anyway, Sven will play Heskey out on the left.

Gerrard....we will miss him much more. No real replacement, but again, there should be as he is a real injury worry too. May be the chance for the young Bayern player...whatshisname, to impress there.
Old 13-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Although i'm gutted at the injuries to Dyer/Gerrard I'm quite happy Danny Murphy has now moved into the squad,I think he is the kind of "bulldog" midfielder we need,someone who will get in there and win lots of tackles and do all the hard thankless jobs.He also scores alot of goals which is always welcome too
Old 13-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've always seen Murphy as an attacking midfielder, not one to "get stuck in" and sit in front of the defence a la Gerrard. If Nicky Butt doesn't recover, we won't have anyone who can fulfil that roll.

Time for Jolly to make his overdue International debut....?
Old 13-05-2002, 06:46 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
Although i'm gutted at the injuries to Dyer/Gerrard I'm quite happy Danny Murphy has now moved into the squad,I think he is the kind of "bulldog" midfielder we need,someone who will get in there and win lots of tackles and do all the hard thankless jobs.He also scores alot of goals which is always welcome too
I agree, I think Murphy could be quite an asset. In all the games, I have seen him play, he has impressed me.
I cannot believe Sinclair is being considered. I do not rate him at at. Lets hope Gerrard recovers.
Old 13-05-2002, 07:01 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
I've always seen Murphy as an attacking midfielder, not one to "get stuck in" and sit in front of the defence a la Gerrard. If Nicky Butt doesn't recover, we won't have anyone who can fulfil that roll.

Time for Jolly to make his overdue International debut....?
Hargreaves is a Butt type of player
Old 13-05-2002, 08:03 PM

OOCO is playing for a contract
Sinclair over Mcmanaman. Ridiculous.

I'm undecided about Murphy. I'd like to see David Dunn get a call, but I can't see Sven doing that.
Old 13-05-2002, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OOCO
Sinclair over Mcmanaman. Ridiculous.

I'm undecided about Murphy. I'd like to see David Dunn get a call, but I can't see Sven doing that.
He could well do depending on the fitness of Gerrard and Butt. As I said before, further call ups to the squad will come from the U21's and Carrick has been carrying a niggling injury so it could well be Dunn that gets the call. He would seem the obvious choice over Pennant, Prutton and co.
Old 13-05-2002, 08:16 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
I think Mcmanaman should be in, I also think we should have considered Alan Thompson for the left midfield role. Too late now though.

Sinclair will do a good job if he is called up. Whats the chances of him pulling off one of his 'amazing' goals (which he seems to have a lot of) in the World Cup?!
Old 13-05-2002, 10:22 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Interesting, that Ray Parlour and Frank Lampard are not in the running, although both players play in teams that made the FA Cup final and finished in the top 6 in the Premeirship.
Old 13-05-2002, 10:27 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ
Interesting, that Ray Parlour and Frank Lampard are not in the running, although both players play in teams that made the FA Cup final and finished in the top 6 in the Premeirship.
But they are both players that seem to do a lot of work without getting noticed! I don't rate either of them, but I think I'm probably wrong!
Old 13-05-2002, 10:29 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

Barmby!!!!!!!!!!!