Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 30-07-2002, 03:09 AM
Wannabe Surfer Dude

SIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Clinton's Press Conference Tomorrow

There will be a press conference tomorrow with regards to Clintons move to BCFC. He will be mentioning how much he will miss the Palace fans, and beleive me people it is genuine.
This move was in no way orchestrated by either Clinton or his agent, he was more than happy to play for Palace next season and push for promotion
Old 30-07-2002, 03:14 AM
Are you local?

CPFC Beckenham is playing for a contract
I wish Clinton all the best, even though it is BCFC hes going to. He could have done so much better!
Old 30-07-2002, 03:28 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Re: Clinton's Press Conference Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally posted by SIKO
There will be a press conference tomorrow with regards to Clintons move to BCFC. He will be mentioning how much he will miss the Palace fans, and beleive me people it is genuine.
This move was in no way orchestrated by either Clinton or his agent, he was more than happy to play for Palace next season and push for promotion
As usual,I believe you SIKO. I am happy for Clinton and wish him all the best in the Premiership
Old 30-07-2002, 03:35 AM

OOCO is playing for a contract
Re: Clinton's Press Conference Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally posted by SIKO

Palace chairman Simon Jordan said: "It was never our desire to see Clinton Morrison leave the club, but the player wanted to move on so we had to respect his wishes and we now wish him all the best at his new club."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Someone is telling porkies.
Old 30-07-2002, 03:37 AM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
As i've said before i wish you all the very best but still feel it's a bad career move considering how fragile Birmingham's position in the Premiership will be.
Clint will always be a good friend to many and i always got on well with him and like others will miss him, i am just praying that he will be there on Wednesday so that i and many others can say goodbye to him in a way that he deserves.
I just hope that Clint returns to us one day and that once again he will wear that red and blue shirt of Crystal Palace Football Club, which we all know he loves and wont ever forget.
Old 30-07-2002, 01:47 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At least I can get back to watching England now. I always felt a duty to watch Rep of Ire during the run up to the World Cup just to see how Clint did, now I don't think I will be bothered.
By the way, people keep saying that Clinton is making a mistake in joining Brum and he will be back in Div 1 next season. Whilst I have no doubt Brum will be relegeted next year (with probably the lowest ever total of points) I would be gobsmacked if Morrison has not got an escape clause in his contract for when/if this happens. Hopefully, if he proves himself next season, there will be plenty of vultures around Brum looking at him and probably Savage/Purse (and Bruce!). Brum will only be too keen to sell becuse they will not want to pay premiership wages whilst back in Div 1, where more than likely they will remain again for another million years
Old 30-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
All the best Clinton, we'll miss you
Old 30-07-2002, 02:21 PM
World's Least Busy Man

OKnotOK is playing for a contract
Well I think it is Jordan telling porkies I have to say. I think he realised he was gonna be short of money with the new Sky deal and had to beg Birmingham to get the Morrison deal back on.

I think he has only come out and said it is Clinton's choice because he knows the disgust much of the Selhurst faithful would feel towards him otherwise.

Personally if our finances are in as bad a state as James (and a few others) speculate, then Morrison going has to be right for Palace. A few more cheap signings and we could be as strong or stronger for next season anyway.
Old 30-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All the best Clinton (for you personally NOT your team!!!).

Don't want to watch the press conference though with Brucey standing next to him all smiles and Clinton holding up a Birmingham shirt. Too much pain
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 30-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Hopeful of Promotion

Top Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskTop Eagle wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
Apparently he has passed the medical this morning, will sign the contract and will be unveiled at a press conference at 2pm today.
Old 30-07-2002, 03:57 PM
World's Least Busy Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Eagle
Apparently he has passed the medical this morning, will sign the contract and will be unveiled at a press conference at 2pm today.
You just beat me to it TopEagle:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Morrison to complete Birmingham move

Birmingham will unveil Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison as their record signing at a 2pm press conference.

Morrison will make the switch providing the results of the medical he went through on Monday prove to be positive.

The striker joins in a 4.25 million deal which sees Andrew Johnson move in the opposite direction in part exchange.

Story filed: 09:46 Tuesday 30th July 2002
Old 30-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
He's on Sky Sports now training with Birmingham.

Thank god that its all over.
Old 30-07-2002, 04:08 PM
HoleHasseler

fieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
When's the Palace press conference to unvail AJ ???
Old 30-07-2002, 04:30 PM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
clint or no clint - i will always want brum to go down!!!
Old 30-07-2002, 04:33 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by OKnotOK

The striker joins in a 4.25 million deal which sees Andrew Johnson move in the opposite direction in part exchange.
Anyone know what AJ's nominal valuation in this 'deal' is?
Old 30-07-2002, 04:36 PM

Northern Carl is playing for a contract

a snip !!
Old 30-07-2002, 04:40 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Northern Carl

a snip !!
Thanks, couldn't be bothered to trawl through the huge thread.
As with most, I wish Clinton well, but not Birmingham.
Old 30-07-2002, 04:54 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by fieldy
When's the Palace press conference to unvail AJ ???
Knwoing Palace they cant afford one!

Another thing I was thinking yesterday, was isnt it funny that we have signed Derry a day before Morrison goes officially? A certain level of appeasement I reckon?

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 30-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Digitally Remastered

What? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
AJ For England! Clint Sucks!
Old 30-07-2002, 05:12 PM
World's Least Busy Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Don

Knwoing Palace they cant afford one!

Another thing I was thinking yesterday, was isnt it funny that we have signed Derry a day before Morrison goes officially? A certain level of appeasement I reckon?
Talks are actually still ongoing with Derry but yeah I get the feeling it was partly timed to placate a few disgruntled fans.

I have tried getting onto both the Birmingham City site and the Palace official site to see if they have announcements imminent but neither seem to be working.