Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-01-2021, 10:22 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
We'll get a 1.0 win or another 0.0 and we'll all go into denial again.
Old 18-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
There's no denial tho. We know how Roy works.
Old 18-01-2021, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
what use is that though. What did he bring to the game?
He had a decent first half hour, but what we needed was the ball to stick, and for the ball to be given back to Eze. Ayew would get the ball, and do his running round in circles. There was more than one occasion, when he was sitting deeper than our midfielders.
It's easy for fans to say x or y would have worked better. But we simply don't and won't ever know.

You can say if we'd played Benteke we'd have done better. Another poster said we should have played van Aanholt.

Every single match day thread has people saying x, y or z is wrong with the selection. That happens whether we go on to win, draw or lose.

Reality is that despite the fact so many people believe they know better than Roy, their ideas will never be put the test.

Against Manchester City, it is unlikely any approach would have altered the result. The scoreline maybe, the result very unlikely.

You don't even know if Benteke was low on fitness or anything either.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 18-01-2021 at 10:57 AM.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It's easy for fans to say x or y would have worked better. But we simply don't and won't ever know.

You can say if we'd played Benteke we'd have done better. Another poster said we should have played van Aanholt.

Every single match day thread has people saying x, y or z is wrong with the selection. That happens whether we go on to win, draw or lose.

Reality is that despite the fact so many people believe they know better than Roy, their ideas will never be put the test.

Against Manchester City, it is unlikely any approach would have altered the result. The scoreline maybe, the result very unlikely.

I think the point most people are making is that a different approach almost certainly wouldn't have seen us register 0 or 1 shot on goal for the sixth time this season. We probably still would've lost but at least we wouldn't have surrendered before a ball was even kicked.

Last edited by Kirby; 18-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:10 AM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Agree and I too thought we done well first half. I honestly believe the game plan was to keep it tight until 15 odd minutes to go then we would've looked at trying to be a tad more adventurous. Think you could see that as even though we went 1 down heads didn't drop and the players stuck to the game plan.

Problem is playing like that is so difficult and make another mistake and a team like Man City will punish you. There is no way back, heads drop and then it turns into damage limitation. A few token subs but same structure as the manager doesn't want to get trounced rather than think sod it lets change it up and have a go.

I'm completely on the fence with it tbh. Understand what Roy is trying to do and his instructions will be to keep us up. Despite what some people think about this squad it is limited and not as good as some think. The majority have seen their better days pass by. The squad is old and has holes all over it. Back 4 needs some youth. How many windows have passed since we got £50m for AWB and we still have Ward playing there despite him doing a grand job he can't be expected to keep his levels up multiple games every week. But its OK we get a promising youngster in who can't play through injuries. Who the **** does these checks and who is to say he'll ever come back being the prospect he was given the length of time he has been out. Not to worry we'll do it the CPFC way and go and get a sticky plaster in Clyne. Thats not to say he hasn't done OK but we starting to see a common trend here. CM full of old grafters. Again they can't keep high premier league levels up week in week out but the key is there is no creativity there. They are admirable water carriers but due age have probably seen their best days pass. We still didn't sign enough support for wide players. Zaha and AT spent the whole season playing last year. Probably burnt out but again we'll put a sticky plaster on it by putting Ayew, Schlupp or whatever make weight out there. We have a lack of real wide players for rotation purposes. Fowards.......Benteke we've all seen for a while now he either needs replacing or proper competition. For too long all we've had more sticky plasters here with no real foresight for the future. All we do is fill it with a loan spot and hope for the best. Bamford, Cenk, Bats and even without hindsight I thought Bats was a lazy, cheaper option. So the common trend over the years from the club has been put a sticky plaster over it and hope for the best. With either poor scouting or lack of investment we then haven't been able to find many gems that can either add exciting energy or maybe even be worth something of a profit that we can turn to keep the club ticking over. Instead we've buried our heads in the sand, put that famous CPFC sticky plaster over it and have now but left with an ageing squad, many of which are out of contract, major recruitment needed and very few players worth anything of any real value due their age and contracts length left. This is where Roy gets my sympathy.

Saying all of that though I completely get why it appears there is a growing clamour from the Roy out brigade. Everyone has had an absolutely crap 12 months and everyone needs a lift, god forbid some entertainment. Problem is there have been far too many of these roll over and die performances. After the Arsenal effort I think if we're honest with ourselves 100% knew what was going to happen last night. We then start feeling what was the point. Of course you can't just not turn up for a fixture but it feels that way. Perhaps try something different. We're now at a stage where we see more and more comments on here that people either didn't bother tuning in or turn off at 1 nill down. Thats not the Palace fan base that I know but after a crap year in everyone's life and what is being served up I get it. Tbh I wish I switched off earlier and put an episode of the serpent on. We see far too many of these ultra defensive displays and just as disappointingly we can't even manage or show any interest in mustering any sort of cup run to put some spark into our crap boring 12 months.

Sorry for the long post and sitting on the fence but I get both sides of the argument. Perhaps the questions need to be raised to the board. We have a massive summer coming up and I fear there is too much to do for what is required we'll have no choice but to do a bit and then put sticky plasters over the rest. The club has got itself into this position, not the fan base or Roy. Roy has kept this squad up on a shoe string when probably many others wouldn't have been able to do. Why has scouting been so poor? Why has there been a lack of spending over the past several windows and thats before Covid and I'm not having look we bid an unrealistic £15m for a £40m player so had to walk away, we tried? Whats the Americans doing, are they in or out. If they want out whats the plan. Be honest why do we appear to have little interest from multi millionaires or billionaires wanting to take over despite being in London and potential for a big fan base and all that untapped potential blah blah blah? Is it the ground issues? If so whats the plan to resolve it, just continue to sit and wait or is there a plan B? Lots of question that are unanswered and maybe can't be answered but we need something. Looking from the outside it scares me a little. It feels like we've hit our ceiling and there is no where left to turn. Yes we have a new academy in the process of being built which is great but if I'm being honest when you compare it to Leicesters new set up it really is premier league v championship. It'll be dated before its even completed. It saddens me that there is so much to do and could end back in the championship soon. Yes we have a high wage bill but it's the board who have agreed to this. They manage the finances but having spent 8 years in the premier league may return to the championship with nothing to show for it.
I share a lot of these thoughts and it's a huge worry in the context of the club as to how we are going to deal with the summer and beyond.

To go back in time a little, we have been in the Premier League longer than all bar the "big 6", Everton, Southampton and West Ham. All of these have spent way more than us with the outlier being Southampton who have a very good record of bringing talent through or in cheaply and selling for big fees. Having said that, even they (and also West Ham) have had a couple of very wobbly seasons in that time. The other outlier who got promoted the season after us if of course Leicester. The aspiration has to be to use the Academy to try and achieve the sustainable success that those two seem to be doing. However, we have certainly been outperforming during this period and still are, so the evidence is that Roy is doing a very good job, albeit often in a very conservative manner.

I believe that we have hamstrung ourselves in the transfer market mainly due to investing excessive fees and wages in Benteke and Sakho, who each probably contributed one decent season apiece. I agree with your sticking plaster analogy, and the Ferguson situation is beyond frustrating after all of the long term injury problems that we have suffered.

The club and Roy should have (and hopefully did) decide whether Roy would be carrying on beyond the summer before the transfer window started. If he isn't then we should have got someone else in during December to start the transition process. If he is carrying on for next season then let's have a plan in place to renew a few contracts, cut our losses with Sakho and Wickham (I guess the release of Meyer is the first sign) for example and try and get one or two from the U23s a few subs appearances to at least make some progress before the summer.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:18 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:

My point was just that working harder doesn't really mean much, if he can't do a job.

Maybe Benteke wasn't fit. Maybe we'd still have lost 4-0. But running around and defending 25 yards from our own goal most of the time, isn't a particularly good trait for our Strikers to have.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:26 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Agree and I too thought we done well first half. I honestly believe the game plan was to keep it tight until 15 odd minutes to go then we would've looked at trying to be a tad more adventurous. Think you could see that as even though we went 1 down heads didn't drop and the players stuck to the game plan.

Problem is playing like that is so difficult and make another mistake and a team like Man City will punish you. There is no way back, heads drop and then it turns into damage limitation. A few token subs but same structure as the manager doesn't want to get trounced rather than think sod it lets change it up and have a go.

I'm completely on the fence with it tbh. Understand what Roy is trying to do and his instructions will be to keep us up. Despite what some people think about this squad it is limited and not as good as some think. The majority have seen their better days pass by. The squad is old and has holes all over it. Back 4 needs some youth. How many windows have passed since we got £50m for AWB and we still have Ward playing there despite him doing a grand job he can't be expected to keep his levels up multiple games every week. But its OK we get a promising youngster in who can't play through injuries. Who the **** does these checks and who is to say he'll ever come back being the prospect he was given the length of time he has been out. Not to worry we'll do it the CPFC way and go and get a sticky plaster in Clyne. Thats not to say he hasn't done OK but we starting to see a common trend here. CM full of old grafters. Again they can't keep high premier league levels up week in week out but the key is there is no creativity there. They are admirable water carriers but due age have probably seen their best days pass. We still didn't sign enough support for wide players. Zaha and AT spent the whole season playing last year. Probably burnt out but again we'll put a sticky plaster on it by putting Ayew, Schlupp or whatever make weight out there. We have a lack of real wide players for rotation purposes. Fowards.......Benteke we've all seen for a while now he either needs replacing or proper competition. For too long all we've had more sticky plasters here with no real foresight for the future. All we do is fill it with a loan spot and hope for the best. Bamford, Cenk, Bats and even without hindsight I thought Bats was a lazy, cheaper option. So the common trend over the years from the club has been put a sticky plaster over it and hope for the best. With either poor scouting or lack of investment we then haven't been able to find many gems that can either add exciting energy or maybe even be worth something of a profit that we can turn to keep the club ticking over. Instead we've buried our heads in the sand, put that famous CPFC sticky plaster over it and have now but left with an ageing squad, many of which are out of contract, major recruitment needed and very few players worth anything of any real value due their age and contracts length left. This is where Roy gets my sympathy.

Saying all of that though I completely get why it appears there is a growing clamour from the Roy out brigade. Everyone has had an absolutely crap 12 months and everyone needs a lift, god forbid some entertainment. Problem is there have been far too many of these roll over and die performances. After the Arsenal effort I think if we're honest with ourselves 100% knew what was going to happen last night. We then start feeling what was the point. Of course you can't just not turn up for a fixture but it feels that way. Perhaps try something different. We're now at a stage where we see more and more comments on here that people either didn't bother tuning in or turn off at 1 nill down. Thats not the Palace fan base that I know but after a crap year in everyone's life and what is being served up I get it. Tbh I wish I switched off earlier and put an episode of the serpent on. We see far too many of these ultra defensive displays and just as disappointingly we can't even manage or show any interest in mustering any sort of cup run to put some spark into our crap boring 12 months.

Sorry for the long post and sitting on the fence but I get both sides of the argument. Perhaps the questions need to be raised to the board. We have a massive summer coming up and I fear there is too much to do for what is required we'll have no choice but to do a bit and then put sticky plasters over the rest. The club has got itself into this position, not the fan base or Roy. Roy has kept this squad up on a shoe string when probably many others wouldn't have been able to do. Why has scouting been so poor? Why has there been a lack of spending over the past several windows and thats before Covid and I'm not having look we bid an unrealistic £15m for a £40m player so had to walk away, we tried? Whats the Americans doing, are they in or out. If they want out whats the plan. Be honest why do we appear to have little interest from multi millionaires or billionaires wanting to take over despite being in London and potential for a big fan base and all that untapped potential blah blah blah? Is it the ground issues? If so whats the plan to resolve it, just continue to sit and wait or is there a plan B? Lots of question that are unanswered and maybe can't be answered but we need something. Looking from the outside it scares me a little. It feels like we've hit our ceiling and there is no where left to turn. Yes we have a new academy in the process of being built which is great but if I'm being honest when you compare it to Leicesters new set up it really is premier league v championship. It'll be dated before its even completed. It saddens me that there is so much to do and could end back in the championship soon. Yes we have a high wage bill but it's the board who have agreed to this. They manage the finances but having spent 8 years in the premier league may return to the championship with nothing to show for it.
Good post WycombeEagle. I feel apathetic to this Palace side, it's stale.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:35 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

It is a discussion board ?
Old 18-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Townsend's mistake changed our strategy. At one nil I thought we would make it through to 80 minutes and then attack. Andros losing the ball for the second goal screwed us.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:50 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
Roy's longest tenure anywhere is 165 games at Malmö.

He's currently at 143 with us, his second longest stint in a 40 year career.

I find this interesting for a few reasons. It suggests nothing is going to change from here on in. It suggests clubs have usually grown tired of him by now for one reason or another. It also reminds us all just how long he's been here - our longest serving manager since the early 90s.

His football is generally awful to watch and only just about effective enough to meet the minimum results required.

The huge rebuild of the squad is already about a year or more behind schedule.

Going to be a rough summer.
Yet when he's had better quality midfielders we've played some really good football.

It has to be underlined that since 2018 we've lost a key ex French international, we've only just replaced an England international CAM in the middle of the park. We've not really replaced a top 6 RB (jury out of Fergs).

We have some pretty limited players in midfield and attack. I think Roy will go in the summer but it's the squad itself that is the major major problem.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:53 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
will Parish trust Roy with the Zaha/any other cash or would he rather give a new manager a blank page? I think the latter
It's Dougie that gets the money. Ideally we need is a manager who has a similar outlook on talent and development that Dougie does. We can see some of the players we have gotten in maybe show where the club want to go long term while Roy likes a different profile of player.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Ayew worked a million times harder than Benteke ever would.
To what end?

Cricket wanker.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
I believe that we have hamstrung ourselves in the transfer market mainly due to refusing to disentangle from a single agent whom the directors share outside business interests

Last edited by Brummie Allan; 18-01-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: I have made this your post as EFA someone eles did not seem appropriate
Old 18-01-2021, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I think the point most people are making is that a different approach almost certainly wouldn't have seen us register 0 or 1 shot on goal for the sixth time this season. We probably still would've lost but at least we wouldn't have surrendered before a ball was even kicked.
There is nothing certain about it at all.
Old 18-01-2021, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
It is a discussion board ?
Yep. And we are discussing it. I have no problem with that at all.
Old 18-01-2021, 12:00 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Townsend's mistake changed our strategy. At one nil I thought we would make it through to 80 minutes and then attack. Andros losing the ball for the second goal screwed us.
Yes it did and it was a poor one but as someone else made a good spot and mentioned earlier, just like McArthur there was no out ball. Both times you can see they looked up and there was nothing there. Only option was to just lump it up field and then the ball comes back and City go again. There is only so long in a game you game you can play like that before it mentally takes its toll and mistakes creep in. Its a sad state when we go to these teams more often than not and play like a division 2 side in a cup game against a premier league giant. We're not new to the premier league we've been here a while now. I'm not expecting us to go toe to toe with such a good side but its the volume of times we play like that which is concerning. I also recognise Roy has limited options so it's a tough one. Would Benteke have made a difference, maybe a bit but who else would he have had around him to support him.

We're just very predictable and City as well as some other big boys will not have easier fixtures all season. Their team talks will simply be be patient, work the ball and continue to apply pressure and eventually Palace will cave in like a cheap deck of chairs as they have no intention of scoring against us and they lack creativity to cause us any issues. Even from set pieces we pose very little threat. I don't think I've seen a side so poor at delivering set pieces which is mind boggling for an experienced side of premier league players. If your tactics are going to be sit in deep and make it difficult knowing as a side you are limited creatively then surely you work on set pieces as it's your only threat. We have to be the poorest side in the league at set pieces. Even a tika taka sides like City and Arsenal i noticed the other evening look far more dangerous from set pieces than us. A limited side creatively and lack of funds spent on it I get as frustrating as it is. What I can't accept is how we've been for so long poor at set pieces which must be something easily sorted on the training ground.
Old 18-01-2021, 12:04 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:

The importance of our academy is in it's location and having train stations near it. The concrete Catalonia produces a high percentage of prem footballers. Yet due to our academy status we've struggled to consistently benefit from that. We now have an equal shot at the table of accessing these players that constantly end up at Chelski, Spuds and Arsenal.

Also as long as the pitches, gym, staffing, processes and other facilitities meet the Cat 1 requirements then who cares what it looks like. That's just looks over substance.
Old 18-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
The importance of our academy is in it's location and having train stations near it. The concrete Catalonia produces a high percentage of prem footballers. Yet due to our academy status we've struggled to consistently benefit from that. We now have an equal shot at the table of accessing these players that constantly end up at Chelski, Spuds and Arsenal.

Also as long as the pitches, gym, staffing, processes and other facilitities meet the Cat 1 requirements then who cares what it looks like. That's just looks over substance.
Possibly. Think we've discussed before even having a shiny new facility doesnt guarantee success as you still need the quality of coaching at academy level.

You are right that by having CAT 1 will help attract players but that isn't the silver bullet. You still need everything else to fall in line with that.

I saw an excellent piece on the new Leicester facility the other day of how amazing it is. They was saying its so amazing it will also attract better signings whereby players take one look at it and say I want some of this. I've been to Spurs set up on several occasions and it is out of this world. So despite being CAT 1 which will undoubtedly help, the jury is still out for me of how successful it will be. Under no illusions that its difficult to compete with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea etc but if any rising superstar is given the option of CAT 1 I still think if they look at the options available to them it's still going to be a massive ask when they take a look at the options available to them. Perhaps I'm being a tad unfair but from what we've seen of the plans, despite being CAT 1, it's still going to be a long way off the set up offered by other clubs. The only hope would be we can offer CAT 1 football and the kids wish to remain local which is easier said than done.
Old 18-01-2021, 12:27 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is nothing certain about it at all.
I don't think it's a stretch to assume picking more attack-minded players would result in more attacks.

Who knows, maybe even a shot on target!
Old 18-01-2021, 12:29 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Well, we can only spend what we can spend. As a parent, I would be very inclined to go local, as long as the (academis) schooling is up to scratch.

I don't really want us spending money we haven't got from a sugar daddy - feels like cheating.