Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-06-2019, 09:27 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
That guide to ghosts kids book in the 70s..

It’s being republished!
I am one of those kids who was utterly scared shitless by this book, so definitely getting the reprinted version then The one-eyed dog thing gave me the chills and still does to think about it. And this is the one that showed that ghost monk by the altar. Anyone else remember this book?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 12-06-2019, 11:50 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it mention the white dog of death. It had red eyes and its paws were inverted. That used to freak me out
Old 13-06-2019, 02:09 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Yes, I had the bigger three part volume called ‘Mysteries of the Unknown’, that not only contained the Ghosts book but also UFO’s and Monsters. Was a constant companion at one point and recall taking it to school and looking at it with mates in the playground and scaring the sh*t out of each other. Loved it.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 13-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Im going to get a copy for James, he's shit scared of ghosts.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Im going to get a copy for James, he's shit scared of ghosts.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:23 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes, I had the bigger three part volume called ‘Mysteries of the Unknown’, that not only contained the Ghosts book but also UFO’s and Monsters. Was a constant companion at one point and recall taking it to school and looking at it with mates in the playground and scaring the sh*t out of each other. Loved it.
I think I might have had this! Anywhere online where I can see more images? Going to google it now.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:28 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here

Omg yes I did have it, I loved that book! Completely forgot about it for the last 30 years. Massive nostalgia blast!
Old 13-06-2019, 08:10 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post

Omg yes I did have it, I loved that book! Completely forgot about it for the last 30 years. Massive nostalgia blast!
Yes that’s the one.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 13-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
Used to love these! We had a copy of each at primary school and I was always signing them out.

Pluckley wasn’t far away and I used to be fascinated whenever we drove past/through.

Also always remember my old Cub Scout leader telling the story of The Ghost of Blue Bell Hill every single camp. Was always on the lookout for a hitchhiking girl when we headed to Rochester or Chatham.

Will definitely be picking up a copy.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I had the ghosts and the UFO ones.

Absolutely loved the ghost one. Will buy it for my lad.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:23 PM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I loved the ghost one. A real blast from the past I might just get it for myself.
Old 14-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy View Post
Used to love these! We had a copy of each at primary school and I was always signing them out.

Pluckley wasn’t far away and I used to be fascinated whenever we drove past/through.

Also always remember my old Cub Scout leader telling the story of The Ghost of Blue Bell Hill every single camp. Was always on the lookout for a hitchhiking girl when we headed to Rochester or Chatham.

Will definitely be picking up a copy.
The hitchhiker is still around, my neice saw her last year.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Nice. Will have to have a trip up Blue Bell Hill next time I’m back down South.
Old 14-06-2019, 12:51 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Count me in, Usborne children's book are still superb. Though they tend to stick to the factual these days. There's certainly something about Bluebell Hill. I spoke to a traffic policeman that attended a reported incident and knew the area about it. I wonder if it's something to do with an areas geology and magnetic fields triggering something in the brain.
Old 14-06-2019, 12:54 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
My dad is the biggest heathen ever, but has told me about two things he witnessed, one in banking vaults in the city, the other when he was evacuated during WW2. He was miffed.
Old 14-06-2019, 04:25 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
I just recall that one eyed dog thing scaring the shit of me. That and the monk at the altar.

Old 14-06-2019, 05:05 PM
STFU Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I just recall that one eyed dog thing scaring the shit of me. That and the monk at the altar.
Nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CpkHWb3XEAAky5Y.jpg (222.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 14-06-2019, 05:12 PM

For some reason this picture sh*t me up the most. This was taken by the driver’s wife. On developing the film they see her mum in the back seat, who had passed away a few days before that photo was taken.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

- John Peel
Old 14-06-2019, 06:56 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember these!
Old 15-06-2019, 01:49 PM
techno sapiens

Yes to both of these! And that pic, it’s the eyes that terrified me.