Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2019, 08:00 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Children’s TV

A thread to talk about kids programmes past and present.

Yes, I have personal reasons to begin this thread; as a father of a 4 year old, it’s wall to wall kids TV these days, especially CBeebies, so desperately seeking other adults to discuss my only viewing entertainment.

CBeebies...

In all seriousness, have to say it is of a very high quality and massive kudos to the presenters and makers of most of the programmes. Intelligently, artistically and lovingly executed. ‘Hey Duggee’ is just brilliant. Anyway, enough of the appropriate adult observations, let’s get down to the nitty gritty.

‘BING’ ......wtf is going on here??? A toddler bunny and his friends. Apart from being highly annoying and the type of whiney, selfish little brat you want to slap into next week, you’ve got all these young children playing about the house but where are their feckin parents? They all have these weird miniature knitted characters like Flop as their carers, who are noticeably smaller than the toddlers and who keep the kids in line with their moralising, know-it all bulls*it.

I read a theory once that there had been some apocalyptic scenario where all the parents and adults had been murdered and Bing, Sula and the other kids create these imaginary adults like Flop as a coping mechanism.

Another thing I’ve noticed is in the opening credits as they’re running along, Pando’s shorts always fall down. What is he? Some kind of child flasher?

Topsy and Tim...hate these two perfect little swats with their perfect parents all being perfect in their perfect little worlds. I would dearly like to go round and take Topsy and Tim to one side and reveal to them that their mum and dad have been arrested on drug charges and will do a stretch of about 20 years and they’ll never seen them again and have to go into care. The one redeeming feature of this show is that mum is the hottest woman by a country mile on CBeebies. I hate that big nosed, ‘fun dad’ husband of hers. How does he get so lucky to end up with her?

I’ve got a lot more to say but I think I’ll stop there.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 28-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We used to religiously watch In The Night Garden when the kids were very young. Loved it.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
We used to religiously watch In The Night Garden when the kids were very young. Loved it.
What's with the evil birds in the tree looking like they're from another sinister realm? A realm where people die a thousand deaths with those evil buggers calmly waiting to feast upon their delectable eyeballs.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:29 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Brilliant theme tune but slightly dodgy narrative if you ask me. Did you not think there was something slightly contentious about the names of the characters? I did a double take when I first saw it. I’ve heard of some kids mispronouncing ‘Makka Pakka’ in public, much to the horror of their parents. ‘Ninky Nonks’ and ‘Pinky Ponks’ too.

Saw an episode the other night where Upsy Daisy and Igle Pigle had a full on snog. Also the Pontipines....all live in one room but there appears to be hundreds of them. Surely the council should be asking questions?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 28-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
What's with the evil birds in the tree looking like they're from another sinister realm? A realm where people die a thousand deaths with those evil buggers calmly waiting to feast upon their delectable eyeballs.
Yes! They’re called The Tittifers!

I rest my case.

- John Peel
Old 28-07-2019, 09:35 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
All the presenters take it up the arse, there is no way that are like that all the time.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Anyone else see the Pontipines and their neighbours and always think of the early 90s Palace away kits when we had one all red with blue trim and one all blue with red trim?

No? Just me then.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-07-2019, 09:40 AM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peppa Pig is evil, my daughter is obsessed with it, puts them in a trance, think we may have to ban it
Old 28-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Childrens TV is on borrowed time. It's all about YouTube.
Old 28-07-2019, 10:14 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here

I fondly remember Everything’s Rosie and the theme tune where it sounds like they’re all ‘arsing along’
Old 28-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Topsy & Tim's mum is gorgeous. So calm & happy in the face of any situation. And totally unrealistic.
Old 28-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Anyone else see the Pontipines and their neighbours and always think of the early 90s Palace away kits when we had one all red with blue trim and one all blue with red trim?

No? Just me then.
I see these two mobs as warring Balkan factions who are determined to wipe each other out.
Old 28-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Horrible Histories is good.
Old 28-07-2019, 11:01 AM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Hey Duggee might be the greatest toddler tv show of all time.
Old 28-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Topsy & Tim's mum is gorgeous. So calm & happy in the face of any situation. And totally unrealistic.
Spot on. Just about to type the same. The perfect woman.
Old 28-07-2019, 11:11 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Is ‘Boomerang’ still a thing? Used to be where you could watch 60s-80s classics. Scooby Doo, Top Cat, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Wacky Races etc
Old 28-07-2019, 11:12 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Also don’t know what they’re like nowadays but kids superhero cartoons used to be superb. Justice league animated had more depth and entertainment than any film that DC have realised in recent times.
Old 28-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Horrible Histories is good.
We're off to see the film this afternoon.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-07-2019, 12:12 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
We're off to see the film this afternoon.
Let us know how it was. The reviews I’ve seen have been disappointing. Ghosts was brilliant. Still on the iplayer
Old 28-07-2019, 12:15 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's when the kids fall asleep and you still carry on watching in a zombie state. Then when In The Night Garden comes on you guess whether it's going to be the Ninky Nonk or the Pinky Ponk, and you get your sense of achievement from guessing correctly.....was this just me?

Kids films are much better these days though. Off to see the remade Lion King tonight and quite looking forward to it.

Agree about You Tube taking over though along with Ipads