Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-09-2019, 07:10 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Worcester Park fire

I am sure many on here if not everyone has seen the news about the huge fire at a block of flats in Worcester Park this morning, which was literally 200 yards from where I live, and a friend of mine, and his girlfriend have lost everything even including their car. Very sad indeed but thankfully no one was killed.

Sadly though it appears there may have been some very serious flaws in the building of the flats and subsequently possibly others in The Hamptons, potentially even the ones we live in, I think there could be quite a big deal made about this over the coming weeks, especially given the circumstance of Grenfell in the not so distant past.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Surprised you didn't get any responses to this. It sounded terrible. It's also the second fire in the area in a matter of days - a shop of the North Cheam crossroads suffered a blaze on Saturday.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The relatives of another Palace fan have lost every thing in the same fire. Appealing for baby clothes and so on.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The relatives of another Palace fan have lost every thing in the same fire. Appealing for baby clothes and so on.
Yeah I saw two different facebook appeals - possibly both from the same source via different routes
Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I get why they are doing it but there are fire marshalls in every block of flats in The Hamptons 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until they do the investigation and establish if it is likely to happen again or not and I have be honest when I got up this morning and was walking around it all felt a bit like being in a concentration camp, it was bloody horrible, it's like every block has guards.

I do wonder how you get that job though? "Do you know what fire looks like?" "Yes" "You're hired!"
Old 10-09-2019, 08:19 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

I actually just had a wander over to the site as it has died down a bit now and they have finally stopped hosing it, the thing that struck me immediately is the lack of any sort of brickwork at all. The block I live in which is one of the first ones built is brick with wooden cladding on the outside to give it the "Hamptons" look.

The flats that have been destroyed literally look like wood stuck over the top of a metal skeleton and then some sort of cheap wood / plasterboard inbetween. Looks to me like there were some massive short cuts taken to get the estate built as quickly as possible. Someone is going to be in a lot of trouble over this, as clearly the flats aren't built properly and someone somewhere must have signed off on that.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do you have a link please, Maidstoned?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Someone is going to be in a lot of trouble over this
Shit doesn't stick to those wankers.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:39 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
I recall a fire in East London earlier in the year involving flats with a similar wooden facade. The view at the time was that the design had contributed to the rapid fire spread. There are similar new builds along the Greenwich waterfront and concerns were raised but I haven’t seen any recent reporting on this.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:11 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Just back from a residents meeting. It is fair to say both TVHA and St. James are quite keen to palm it off onto the fire brigade at the moment until they get their report.

Also fair to say that this almost certainly will have huge repercussions for new builds around the country. It's just a miracle no one was killed.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:27 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
The sad thing is you kinda know there is gonna be another big grenfell style tragedy at some point because of inaction. Can feel it in my bones.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:31 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Also live close by. Always been interested in the hamptons area. It really is impressive sight and slightly hidden away. Many I think probably didnt realise it was there.

Latvian - is this pretty much the affordable housing section within that has now gone?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Just back from a residents meeting. It is fair to say both TVHA and St. James are quite keen to palm it off onto the fire brigade at the moment until they get their report.

Also fair to say that this almost certainly will have huge repercussions for new builds around the country. It's just a miracle no one was killed.
After Grenfell's policy of stay in your apartment - I believe everyone just evacuated - so no lives were lost.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:37 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
And to add - This is another very scary example of what can happen.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:41 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Also live close by. Always been interested in the hamptons area. It really is impressive sight and slightly hidden away. Many I think probably didnt realise it was there.

Latvian - is this pretty much the affordable housing section within that has now gone?
Hi fella,

The block that has been burnt down is called Richmond House, which forms 1 of I believe they said 15 sets of blocks run by Metropolitan Thames Valley (affordable housing), and then I think 8 blocks sold by St. James for private residents. All the blocks whatever their status as such were built by the same company I believe. Where we live which is the North Cheam end of it are built differently, ours is a solid brick structure with the wooden cladding on the top of the outside. When we moved in most of what stands here now wasn't built. All of the newer stuff including Richmond House looks to have been built for some reason with a wood timber frame over a metal skeleton and then surrounded with the wood cladding, no idea why the change of materials other than it possibly being cheaper and quicker to erect? The blocks and houses after we moved here did seem to be built really really quickly.

All blocks are now going to be subjected to invasive checks to make sure they have the correct fire protections in place. Poor old Clayton (Crayton?) House which is the one next door to Richmond the residents aren't allowed back in as the Fire chief said that all of the fire doors in the block are compromised and ineffective and all need to be replaced. Basically the residents have been told if the FB think it is unsafe no one will be allowed to live there so there is a hell of a lot going on at the moment, obviously right now the FB are conducting their investigations so not a lot more can be said until that is done and MTVH and St. James publish the reports. A lot of residents are conscious and worried that both companies will simply not publish the report and try to sweep it all under the carpet.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:44 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
After Grenfell's policy of stay in your apartment - I believe everyone just evacuated - so no lives were lost.
Indeed. All the signs on the wall say to stay in your flat if there is a fire. This has now been revoked and hence why there are two fire marshals in each block now in the event of a fire to get everyone out. Some people in Richmond House their smoke alarms didn't even go off, it is only because of the actions of their neighbours that potentially saved their lives.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 10-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
I live around the corner from the block. My wife and I walk our dogs in the Hamptons. I bet the owners on that estate are bricking it re their houses. Never thought that the properties on that estate were well built. Seen parts falling off the external cladding, seen a roof partially replaced.

Such a sad thing to happen to the residents in that block.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.

Last edited by Ardent Eagle Forever; 11-09-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:34 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
I live around the corner from the block. My wife and I walk our dogs in the Hamptons. I bet the owners on that estate are bricking it re their houses. Never thought that the properties on that estate were well built. Seen parts falling off the external cladding, seen a roof partially replaced.

Such a sad thing to happen to the residents in that block.
I didn't know you lived around that area. Probably seen you walking your dogs at some point.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:55 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
have you got a link? we're just having a clear out of our daughters baby clothes (Which includes some palace baby grows etc)
Old 11-09-2019, 10:57 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

A slightly positive moment last night, my wife woke me up looking at the Hamptons Facebook page, the chap I know his two cats were found alive and well within the wreckage. Absolutely no idea how they managed to survive that but there we go, rather foolishly he had actually gone running back in to the building along with another bloke to try and find them.

The downside to this story however is bearing in mind they have lost everything, the vets the cats were taken to (Maven in North Cheam), are requesting full payment for treating the cats. Just wow to that! But then I am not surprised, we stopped going there as have a few other people we know, crap pet care for extortionate prices.