Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-10-2019, 02:45 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Ban eating on public transport to tackle obesity

Suggested by Dame Sally Davies, in her final report as Chief Medical officer for England.

What a stupid idea. She even mentions in her report “I want to see our children’s health, not companies’ profits, put at the forefront of government policy.” Yet instead of some kind of policy holding food corporations to account, she comes up with this shite.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
If they are talking about school kids eating take aways then I'm right behind them! Stinks something awful.

The number of kids I see straight after school wolfing down burgers/fried chicken etc. No doubt to go home and have a dinner there, no wonder this country has an obesity problem.

I never did that and I've still got one
Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
If they are talking about school kids eating take aways then I'm right behind them! Stinks something awful.

The number of kids I see straight after school wolfing down burgers/fried chicken etc. No doubt to go home and have a dinner there, no wonder this country has an obesity problem.

I never did that and I've still got one
‘She also called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport with exceptions for drinking fresh water and eating and drinking for medical conditions.’

Tough luck, anyone in a rush for work who needs some breakfast on the go!
Old 10-10-2019, 03:45 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
how about increasing the compulsory time spent doing physical education in schools
Old 10-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
how about increasing the compulsory time spent doing physical education in schools
Yep, and make PE better. I personally loved PE, but lots of kids hated it, and it probably puts them off sports for life. Give kids more freedom in PE, don’t have one sport everyone is forced to play each term. Let them pick if they want to play football, or rugby, or hockey, or yoga, whatever they want as long as it’s physical.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:52 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
You are certainly not allowed to eat or drink (or urinate) on any public transport in Los Angeles, and I'm not sure it's helped here.

Then again, I'm not sure who enforces this?
Old 10-10-2019, 03:53 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
in my experience eating on buses is about the only thing that stops kids from running completely out of control.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-10-2019, 04:07 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Thanks to the Furry Freak Brothers

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-10-2019, 04:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
PE? Selling off thousands of acres of school playing fields over the last thirty years, and building schools with minimal outdoor facilities, has had an impact. Unless you're kids are at private schools, of course. And it's not a given that these kids will get a meal when they get home. Some might, some won't. That's the reality.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
School timetables are already choked to breaking point, it's easy to say make the kids do more PE but honestly when?!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
School timetables are already choked to breaking point, it's easy to say make the kids do more PE but honestly when?!
Think my timetable could’ve survived one more PE lesson, which would’ve taken me up to 3 for the week. And I wasn’t privately educated. Bin compulsory ‘dance’ class, or make it part of PE.

I’m more concerned about making PE better than increasing how much there is though. The goal should be to get kids into sport enough that they want to do them outside of school. Instead of this attitude of ‘we need more PE because it’s the only exercise they’re gonna get.’

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-10-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Millsie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Think my timetable could’ve survived one more PE lesson, which would’ve taken me up to 3 for the week. And I wasn’t privately educated. Bin compulsory ‘dance’ class, or make it part of PE.

I’m more concerned about making PE better than increasing how much there is though. The goal should be to get kids into sport enough that they want to do them outside of school. Instead of this attitude of ‘we need more PE because it’s the only exercise they’re gonna get.’
Dance is PE...

I agree that some kids out there see it as a chore more than fun though and that is how to change it. Then again some kids ads always going to be lazy...
Old 10-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Dance is PE
It wasn’t at my school! Compulsory dance class in year 8 and 9. Was a complete joke, no one took it seriously outside of the 5% of kids who actually liked dancing.

Can’t say I ever whip out any of the moves I learnt from class in a club nowadays, so it was a pointless endeavor.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:00 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
At least the poor sods don't have to do 'country dancing' these days.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:25 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
PE? Selling off thousands of acres of school playing fields over the last thirty years, and building schools with minimal outdoor facilities, has had an impact. Unless you're kids are at private schools, of course. And it's not a given that these kids will get a meal when they get home. Some might, some won't. That's the reality.
Not around here as far as I can tell as the smaller privates seem to use Blackheath as their playing field. Other schools are also using playing fields in private clubs, presumably at a cost.

If they are eating chicken and chips after school I also presume that they are not getting a meal at home.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
If they are eating chicken and chips after school I also presume that they are not getting a meal at home.
Don’t think that’s necessarily true either. Langley Park school for Boys was a very middle class school on the whole (parents who have time to cook), and pretty much everyone got chicken and chips or some kind of junk after school on a regular basis.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
It wasn’t at my school! Compulsory dance class in year 8 and 9. Was a complete joke, no one took it seriously outside of the 5% of kids who actually liked dancing.

Can’t say I ever whip out any of the moves I learnt from class in a club nowadays, so it was a pointless endeavor.

Who cares if they take it seriously, or you’ll never whip out any dance moves in the future (never say never)...

Anything that get the heart pumping is good for the body, so it’s hardly pointless.

Except drugs, of course.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Easy - Replace RE with PE
Old 10-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Tough luck, anyone in a rush for work who needs some breakfast on the go!
Just get up ten minutes earlier and eat some bloody breakfast before you leave the house. Nobody “needs some breakfast on the go” ffs, they just need to organise themselves a tad better.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Who cares if they take it seriously, or you’ll never whip out any dance moves in the future (never say never)...

Anything that get the heart pumping is good for the body, so it’s hardly pointless.

Except drugs, of course.
It was very pointless. Not physically engaging at all as it’d mostly be slowly repeating a single part of a routine, since very few kids were any good at it. I advocate for kids being able to choose what they do in PE, so having a compulsory dance class every week doesn’t make sense. Langley need to scrap it (if they haven’t already) and just make it part of PE.