Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 31-10-2019, 02:11 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Palace's dullest group of players

Aside from their technical ability.

Are this lot the most boring, devoid of characters and 'meh' group of players we've ever had?

Are we so desperate for a bit of charisma and personality, that PVA is heralded as some sort of god for using his witty 'doing bits' hashtags on Twitter?

I can't think of one player in our team who i find entertaining as a character.

No one celebrates with any flair or makes a connection with the crowd when they score - mind you, many of them will never score an actual goal.

Wilf used to have character when he played but now he just sulks and picks arguments.

Guita seems to be a bit of a interesting character but that's it.

Ayew is miserable. Benteke is miserable. Wayne is simple and does Nazi salutes. Ward is nice and christian.

Never felt so apathetic towards a group of Palace players, I see them for their merits in being part of the system, but have no bond with any of them.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shame that the days of players swearing at us and throwing shirts on the ground are gone.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess it sums of the modern day footballer. Bland and unassuming (with a few notable exceptions).

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 31-10-2019, 02:22 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I am not looking to imagine how great it would be spending some time with them I just look to seeing them play well and win some games.

So I do not care if they are considered dull. However I am on the whole pleased with the squad we have.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:25 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Mama Sakho would probably be a bit of a folk hero if he could ever spend more than 5 minutes off the treatment table.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Who cares if they are dull characters if we are 6th in the table and have won at MU and drawn at Gooners already this season? In fact they can be miserable, dull, boring and sulky as long as we beat Brighton and Watford.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:29 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really don't see that our team is any more devoid of characters than any other in the PL. I just think players are a lot more careful about giving anything away because of social media and the scrutiny of football and footballers generally.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:32 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apart from Luka.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:34 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Jimmy Mac seems alright.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Very strange post.

Jimmy and Kelly both seem very likeable characters to me.

I'm a staunch atheist but are you really claiming that being nice and a Christian means you are boring and devoid of character?!!

Cahill, Dann, Schlupp, Townsend, Tomkins and others all seem like thoroughly nice and professional characters.

Sakho and Guaita definitely have plenty of character. Luka too.

Oh and we are led by a proper gentleman, win or lose. Much rather that type of character than a prick arrogantly dancing on the Wembley touchline trying make it all about him.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 31-10-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:38 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I want them to play well, not marry them.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I want them to play well, not marry them.
Me too. But Scott Dann does have lovely eye lashes.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:41 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Mama Sakho would probably be a bit of a folk hero if he could ever spend more than 5 minutes off the treatment table.
he's been injured so much, I totally forgot about him.

He is quite an unusual character, there is something very Palace about him which I like - a bit maverick, prone to making errors out of nowhere but then marvellously atoning for them. He is exactly the kind of player i like in a Palace team.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:41 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I guess when you’re 6th you have to be a bit more creative when finding things to moan about.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 31-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Very strange post.

Jimmy and Kelly both seem very likeable characters to me.

I'm a staunch atheist but are you really claiming that being nice and a Christian means you are boring and devoid of character?!!

Cahill, Dann, Schlupp, Townsend, Tomkins and others all seem like thoroughly nice and professional characters.

Sakho and Guaita definitely have plenty of character. Luka too.

Oh and we are led by a proper gentleman, win or lose. Much rather that type of character than a prick arrogantly dancing on the Wembley touchline trying make it all about him.
my post is incredibly dry and drenched in sarcasm. Although I would say that Christians on the whole do tend to be a bit dull. No offence.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Who cares if they are dull characters if we are 6th in the table and have won at MU and drawn at Gooners already this season? In fact they can be miserable, dull, boring and sulky as long as we beat Brighton and Watford.
im not passing comment in relation to our performances on the pitch. Why do we always have to go down the same binary narrative?!? Can raise a tongue in cheek point, for a bit of fun and not have it linked to something else.

At no point have i said I'm unhappy with the performance of the players.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
my post is incredibly dry and drenched in sarcasm. Although I would say that Christians on the whole do tend to be a bit dull. No offence.
Fair enough. It just all seems a strange thing to post/ moan about regardless of sarcasm. But that's OK. I'm more upset by you claiming Ayew is a winger on the Benteke thread if I'm honest
Old 31-10-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Fair enough. It just all seems a strange thing to post/ moan about regardless of sarcasm. But that's OK. I'm more upset by you claiming Ayew is a winger on the Benteke thread if I'm honest
fair enough
Old 31-10-2019, 02:49 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think we have some strong characters who can bounce back from set backs.

Would rather have discipline, respect and dedication if we are to do well. It seems like a close knit group that do enjoy themselves at times while being focused on the job in hand.

Would rather this than a drinking culture that has affected some clubs with poor discipline/work ethic.
Old 31-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Wayne is a character. He also loves to wave at people.