Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Bournemouth

......................Guaita
Kelly ..........Tomkins...Sakho..........PVA

McArther......Luka..... Kouyate.....Schlupp

.....................ZAHA...AYEW
Old 01-12-2019, 11:25 AM

Palace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guaita
Kelly - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
McArthur - Milivojevic - Kouyate
Townsend - Ayew - Zaha

Hennessey, Cahill, Riedewald, McArthy, Meyer, Schlupp, Benteke

That’s assuming Cahill is back and Dann is injured. Sakho starting might be too soon for him, but we could be forced into it. Could need to have Woods on the bench if neither Dann or Cahill are fit.

The front 6 picks itself. Might see some rotation as a mid week game but I doubt it.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:30 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Game is live on prime if anyone has it 😊
Old 01-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Anneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Game is live on prime if anyone has it 😊
They have the 30 day free trial for prime, so if you sign up you can get the bournemouth and west ham games free if you can't get to them.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:31 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Assuming Ward, Cahill & Dann are all out injured...

Guaita
Kelly - Tomkins - Sakho - Van Aanholt
Townsend - Ayew - Zaha

Subs : Hennessey, Reidewald, Schlupp, McCarthy, Camarasa, Benteke, Woods
Old 01-12-2019, 03:38 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

Guaita
Townsend - Ayew - Zaha

Old 01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I don't think Townsend will be fit so Schlupp might get a start.

Centre backs will obviously depend on everyone's fitness. I wonder if Cahill might be back. It may be a risk to play Sakho again so soon and so early in his return.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I don't think Townsend will be fit so Schlupp might get a start.

Centre backs will obviously depend on everyone's fitness. I wonder if Cahill might be back. It may be a risk to play Sakho again so soon and so early in his return.
Any reason for Townsend not to be fit specifically or just we know he is carrying this long term issue?

I had assumed Townsend was taken off when he was to keep him fit for it. Hate schlupp starting but he’s great as an impact sub. Good shooting and so much pace when the game opens up. Flip side is he’s woeful at concentrating when we are keeping it tight and organised first hour or so.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

Guaita
Townsend - Ayew - Zaha

We really have improved our squad depth over the years. Despite all those injuries that is still a tremendous squad
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall
Old 01-12-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Any reason for Townsend not to be fit specifically or just we know he is carrying this long term issue?

I had assumed Townsend was taken off when he was to keep him fit for it. Hate schlupp starting but hes great as an impact sub. Good shooting and so much pace when the game opens up. Flip side is hes woeful at concentrating when we are keeping it tight and organised first hour or so.
Think he had an ice pack on when he went off (?) and two games in a few days. Think we may see some rotation.

Agree that I prefer Townsend to start and Schlupp from bench. His pace is useful against tiring defenders.

It's no more than a hunch though. I also have a hunch Cahill might be back but these are nothing more than guesses, so don't read anything more in to it.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:16 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I’d make a change in midfield purely for fresh legs as both MacArthur and Kouyate dealing with back issues

Guiata

Kelly tomkins sakho pva

McCarthy Luka Kouyate

andros ayew wilf

Subs
Hennessey
Dann if fit
Meyer
Reidewald
Schlupp
MacArthur (camaresa dependent on Jimmy’s fitness)
Benteke

I’d be tempted by meyer/camaresa against Bournemouth given their style of play poss instead of kouyate.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:23 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Defence will be big concern . It will be completely different game to Saturday , Bournemouth have quick energetic players . Ward out , probably Cahill and Dann - can Tomkins cope with 2 games in 3 days ? . Townsend had ice back on groi so must be a doubt .
Old 01-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Defence will be big concern . It will be completely different game to Saturday , Bournemouth have quick energetic players . Ward out , probably Cahill and Dann - can Tomkins cope with 2 games in 3 days ? . Townsend had ice back on groi so must be a doubt .
Its the midfield thats the issue with ongoing injuries
Old 01-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Id make a change in midfield purely for fresh legs as both MacArthur and Kouyate dealing with back issues

Guiata

Kelly tomkins sakho pva

McCarthy Luka Kouyate

andros ayew wilf

Subs
Hennessey
Dann if fit
Meyer
Reidewald
Schlupp
MacArthur (camaresa dependent on Jimmys fitness)
Benteke

Id be tempted by meyer/camaresa against Bournemouth given their style of play poss instead of kouyate.
Also Andros is nursing a groin injury I think and so I doubt he will start, might make the bench. So I reckon Schlupp will start left and Wilf will start on the right.

Expect Camarasa may get some mins in this one and maybe Max in the squad too.

Agree re Macca and McCarthy is a good call.

Can't see Dann playing and we could be struggling if Cahill isn't fit yet either. Sakho will struggle making 90 mins, Dann unlikely to start and so Woods may be drafted into the RB slot.

Left field might be to start Benteke and use Ayew wide or even alongside him but doubtful.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:15 AM

AdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd personally go with:

Guaita
Kelly - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
McArthur - Milivojevic - McCarthy
Townsend - Ayew - Zaha

Subs: Hennessey, Cahill or Dann (whoever's fit), Riedewald, Camarasa, Kouyate, Schlupp, Benteke

In regards to leaving out Kouyate, I think he only really works for us when we're playing very defensively and are focused on sitting back and absorbing pressure. Our matches against Bournemouth are usually really open and attacking, so I just don't think he's the right man for the job. Having both Luka and Kouyate in a 3-man midfield just seems too defensive and negative for that. I'd like to see what McCarthy can do for 60-70 minutes, and then maybe switch him out for Camarasa (who surely must be given a cameo eventually).
Old 02-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita

Kelly Tomkins Sakho PVA

McCarthy Luka Kouyate

Wilf Ayew Schlupp

Subs
Wayne
Meyer
Benteke
Reidewald
Jimmy
Camarasa
Dann
Wayne
Old 02-12-2019, 11:15 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Also Andros is nursing a groin injury I think and so I doubt he will start, might make the bench. So I reckon Schlupp will start left and Wilf will start on the right.

Expect Camarasa may get some mins in this one and maybe Max in the squad too.

Agree re Macca and McCarthy is a good call.

Can't see Dann playing and we could be struggling if Cahill isn't fit yet either. Sakho will struggle making 90 mins, Dann unlikely to start and so Woods may be drafted into the RB slot.

Left field might be to start Benteke and use Ayew wide or even alongside him but doubtful.
We could start benteke and move Ayew to one of the wider slots?
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Roy never changes anything unless he is forced to.

VC and MM will again be nowhere near this, despite AFCB being a quick and speedy team.

Same team but with Schlupp and Sakho.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Confirmed that Dann and Cahill miss tomorrow
Old 02-12-2019, 01:37 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Tomkins and sakho it is then