Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Greek flag waved by someone in the Fanatics zone

Found it a bit odd that someone in the Fanatics zone was waving a Greek flag when Tosun came on

Did they...

1) Not know he was Turkish

2) Have a problem that he's Turkish and have some sort of allegiance to Greece?

Don't want any international incident at a future home game
Old 11-01-2020, 09:22 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Found it a bit odd that someone in the Fanatics zone was waving a Greek flag when Tosun came on

Did they...

1) Not know he was Turkish

2) Have a problem that he's Turkish and have some sort of allegiance to Greece?

Don't want any international incident at a future home game
The HF have an association with that Greek team; presumably linked in some way
Old 11-01-2020, 09:32 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
They’ve always got lads over from Panionios. Probably one of them.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:33 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Panionos and the HF have been friends for years and have long done exchange visits to each others games.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-01-2020, 10:06 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Oh so that makes it OK then.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:33 PM

brb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So does one of their members give up his seat to some random from Greece for the game?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:38 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Penpals
Old 11-01-2020, 10:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Panionos was formed by Greeks that were driven out of Turkey after the First World War, if i remember correctly. Pretty sure they are linked to Smyrna in some way.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:46 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
No story here. Fanatics had contact with Greek group for years no ody objected to any Greek flags before today why now?
If Cenk dont like it, tough.
No I am not an ultra but have met visiting greek fans in pubs around selhurst many times.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:52 PM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Oh so that makes it OK then.
Could I be the second to take offence?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:56 PM

brb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrb rule : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
No story here. Fanatics had contact with Greek group for years no ody objected to any Greek flags before today why now?
If Cenk dont like it, tough.
No I am not an ultra but have met visiting greek fans in pubs around selhurst many times.
So i take it said flags were waved at other parts of the game other than when Tosun came on?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
I realise these days its terribly fashionable to be ostentatiously offended, but what is wrong with waving a flag at a football match?
Old 11-01-2020, 11:11 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brb rule View Post
So i take it said flags were waved at other parts of the game other than when Tosun came on?
Yes and lots of previous games.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:25 PM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
"Cosmopolitan London club in foreign flag shocker"
Old 11-01-2020, 11:37 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
I realise these days its terribly fashionable to be ostentatiously offended, but what is wrong with waving a flag at a football match?

The only flag I found offensive was the Confederate ones waved, maybe a couple of years back. Luckily that’s stopped.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:52 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
Could I be the second to take offence?
i doubt Cenk would take offense. From my experience of living in Turkey for years, most turks spend their summers in Greece as its, and I quote directly from my turkish mates, 'its turkey but with better food..'
Old 12-01-2020, 02:56 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
The only flag I found offensive was the Confederate ones waved, maybe a couple of years back. Luckily that’s stopped.
Stan has that one flying outside his house.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:41 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was under the impression that the Greeks & Turks were on far friendlier terms these days. In the North London tag trade they work together a lot. There will always be some on both sides that will be antagonistic but thankfully the rivalry has seemingly become far less vitriolic which is a credit to all concerned.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:51 AM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I was under the impression that the Greeks & Turks were on far friendlier terms these days. In the North London tag trade they work together a lot. There will always be some on both sides that will be antagonistic but thankfully the rivalry has seemingly become far less vitriolic which is a credit to all concerned.
Errrm... no:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-01-2020, 08:50 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Rojava flag next game