Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Rebecca Long Bailey 8 9.30%
Jess Phillips 19 22.09%
Keir Starmer 38 44.19%
Lisa Nandy 16 18.60%
Emily Thornberry 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-01-2020, 09:44 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Labour Leadership Election - vote now!

Put your votes in!
Old 14-01-2020, 10:23 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Why is there no meh option?
Old 14-01-2020, 10:54 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Lisa.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I really don't know, yet. Whoever has the best chance of winning an election, of course, but you also want someone honest and who gives a shit about people, who won't bend to pressure from every protest group going.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can see benefits from Phillips, Starmer and Nandy. Thornberry is reasonable to have in shadow cabinet but not a leader surely. RLB would be a disaster and the banter outcome would be a RLB/Burgon ticket.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:21 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
I can see benefits from Phillips, Starmer and Nandy. Thornberry is reasonable to have in shadow cabinet but not a leader surely. RLB would be a disaster and the banter outcome would be a RLB/Burgon ticket.
RLB has the issue of after the 1st round, which she will get through where are the votes going to go?

Lets say Thornberry is first to go, which candidate are her supporters most likely to turn to next, then Phillips, then Nandy etc.

Surely those votes will go disproportionately to Starmer over RLB. What might look close after round 1 is likely to not be so close from there on in.

IMO unless RLB has 45%+ in round one, she will not win.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:28 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I want to vote Philips as I like her and her heartfelt passion.

I do not mind that at times her passion is displayed with a too emotional response at times, but just feel if she cannot keep it in check then it is not a personality trait that lends itself to being leader. I am not sure she can so cannot vote for her on here.

However as none of the others appeal, I hope she wins the real vote and proves me wrong.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:29 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Voted Nandy. Would put Starmer in second place and Phillips last. Much better if this poll was not secret.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:31 AM

olivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsolivertwist was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Lisa Nandy is my pick
Old 14-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I want to vote Philips as I like her and her heartfelt passion.

I do not mind that at times her passion is displayed with a too emotional response at times, but just feel if she cannot keep it in check then it is not a personality trait that lends itself to being leader. I am not sure she can so cannot vote for her on here.

However as none of the others appeal, I hope she wins the real vote and proves me wrong.

For me its a trait were lacking. Too many robotic shithouses after the other.

Shed absolute destroy Johnson at the dispatch box. Please let it happen.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
RLB has the issue of after the 1st round, which she will get through where are the votes going to go?

Lets say Thornberry is first to go, which candidate are her supporters most likely to turn to next, then Phillips, then Nandy etc.

Surely those votes will go disproportionately to Starmer over RLB. What might look close after round 1 is likely to not be so close from there on in.

IMO unless RLB has 45%+ in round one, she will not win.
She's not up to it, anyway.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:48 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
For me its a trait were lacking. Too many robotic shithouses after the other.

Shed absolute destroy Johnson at the dispatch box. Please let it happen.
It is not about not being robotic it is about being appealing to the British public. Being too emotional may put people off.

She needs to change and hold her at times OTT emotion in check.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:51 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
It is not about not being robotic it is about being appealing to the British public. Being too emotional may put people off.

She needs to change and hold her at times OTT emotion in check.
Phillips and Rayner on a dream ticket there!

Starmer will win by a 30+ points if it gets to the final round, might not get that far though.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:10 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
My views, through the prism of personal prejudice, media slant and direct speeches, stetements and House of Commons performances.

RLB - just no, seems dogmatic rather than intelligent, charisma free, doesn't present well. Weak, inexperienced just doesn't get large parts of the real world.

Jess Philips - hard not to like her, seems like the sort you could have a passionate but fun and lively debate with in the pub, and as an MP someone to rely on to help. But leader? Just don't see it.

Keir Starmer - I like him. I like his libertarian and humanitarian approach. He bridges the liberal and labour divide and seems more practical than dogmatic. He also has the intellectual capacity, attention to detail and skill set to be an excellent Prime Minister. However can he lead the party, can he cut through to all sections of the public? He appeals to me but even I have long wanted him to break out of the constrained shell he seems to wear. Time will tell. However if you think he only became an MP in 2015, if his star continues to rise at the same rate he could be quite the leader by 2024. He has put in one the most impressive (to me) HoC performances ever.

Lisa N - She is the candidate I know the least about, and therefore won't vote until I have seen what the fuss is about. She definitely seems to be impressing some but to date has passed me by. Looking forward to seeing her with Andrew Neil. The only downside is Eddysklad seems in love with her, and the thought the BBS's own Andy Pandy having a Nandy hand-shandy is off putting in the extreme.

Thornberry - Seems the archetypal competent minor cabinet minister, who just doesn't have the magnetism, dynamism or intellect to go further.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:32 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
I want Phillips but I'd vote for Starmer if I was still a member as he's by far the best bet to win an election.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:41 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As I can't see Labour winning the next election I'd vote for Starmer to steady the ship and restore some credibility whilst either Nandy or Phillips learn the ropes and gain experience with a view to taking over in the longer term. I think they have to play the long game.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Doesnt exactly inspire you does it? When is this all over so we can start to enjoy our lives again
Old 14-01-2020, 12:50 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
Doesnt exactly inspire you does it? When is this all over so we can start to enjoy our lives again
Pray for Dave.

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:38 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I'm making a bold prediction that Nandy will win - she'll be 2nd or 3rd on every ballot until the last one. She'll sweep up the second preference votes though. Starmer will lead until the last round but the optics of him vs. 4 women will severely hamper his chances.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 14-01-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:39 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
and the thought the BBS's own Andy Pandy having a Nandy hand-shandy is off putting in the extreme.
I don't know whether this is the best thing I've ever read on the BBS or the worst.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!