Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-01-2020, 05:12 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Taking your BBS persona to other websites

We have a kind of neighborhood watch bulletin board for news of crimes, lost and found, events, suggestions etc... Also, the local newspaper has one where you can leave comments at the end of an article. Much like this BBS most discussions end up getting political and abusive. Trouble is the people posting are not as good as it as members of this good ship.

I tried to keep off of there, but sometimes it’s very hard to resist pinging back at some of the nitwits posting on there. So, like a true keyboard warrior, I’ve started posting responses to some of them using my best BBS sarcastic, irreverent persona I can muster. Funny thing is they become very indigent and become very defensive – on the whole they don’t know how to handle it. Take them out of the “Praying for you” Facebook format and they are stumped.

It’s amazing how many people can politicize a car break-in or a car accident. Also, you get the little suck ups who endorse the right-wing wackos, who go off at tangents with their not so very subtle agendas. Racial, Trump supporting, gun toting undertones are rampant.

The BBS has taught me well, and about 20 years of posting on here has been good practice for responding to some of these nut jobs! Do some research, and hit them with facts is always a good response. Oh, and acting as the grammar police usually upsets them pretty good!

Anyone have similar experiences with posting on other websites not football related? And if so, do you use the same cadence/tone as you use here?
Old 14-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
We have a kind of neighborhood watch bulletin board for news of crimes, lost and found, events, suggestions etc... Also, the local newspaper has one where you can leave comments at the end of an article. Much like this BBS most discussions end up getting political and abusive. Trouble is the people posting are not as good as it as members of this good ship.

I tried to keep off of there, but sometimes it’s very hard to resist pinging back at some of the nitwits posting on there. So, like a true keyboard warrior, I’ve started posting responses to some of them using my best BBS sarcastic, irreverent persona I can muster. Funny thing is they become very indigent and become very defensive – on the whole they don’t know how to handle it. Take them out of the “Praying for you” Facebook format and they are stumped.

It’s amazing how many people can politicize a car break-in or a car accident. Also, you get the little suck ups who endorse the right-wing wackos, who go off at tangents with their not so very subtle agendas. Racial, Trump supporting, gun toting undertones are rampant.

The BBS has taught me well, and about 20 years of posting on here has been good practice for responding to some of these nut jobs! Do some research, and hit them with facts is always a good response. Oh, and acting as the grammar police usually upsets them pretty good!

Anyone have similar experiences with posting on other websites not football related? And if so, do you use the same cadence/tone as you use here?
You are a racist and you deflect.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
And have a a lobotomy...
Old 14-01-2020, 05:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I’m on a neighbourhood FB page and more than once have had to stop myself from my initial reaction of posting in BBS mode. Pausing for a second you realise that a certain type of irreverence and looseness would probably offend.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-01-2020, 05:37 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
And have a a lobotomy...

People do not seem not have a problem with that statement on here in a conversation when clearly there is no racism involved just points of views...If you took that anywhere else they would think you were mad.

Just to add iv'e just read this in the politics forum,nothing to do with hedge
Old 14-01-2020, 05:37 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

This the only social media site I post upon. ( unless comments on YouTube count ) I can barely tolerate the way human beings are to each other, from behind the protection and anonymity of keyboards, even when they are all Palace fans.

I've learned that, when dealing with the snide superciliousness of someone stating that 'they are praying for me,' to respond that 'I hope God forgives you for your arrogance to be so certain he is on your side.' Works well.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:54 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I've learned that, when dealing with the snide superciliousness of someone stating that 'they are praying for me,' to respond that 'I hope God forgives you for your arrogance to be so certain he is on your side.' Works well.
I like that, although I'm not sure I have the heart (or balls) to use it.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:56 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I’m on a neighbourhood FB page and more than once have had to stop myself from my initial reaction of posting in BBS mode. Pausing for a second you realise that a certain type of irreverence and looseness would probably offend.
Agree. And my brief exposure to other sites has shown me that it also on the whole goes over their heads. But that might be an American thing.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:06 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
You are CR and i claim my £5.

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree. And my brief exposure to other sites has shown me that it also on the whole goes over their heads. But that might be an American thing.
Surely it’s bad enough being you on here?

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:56 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Surely it’s bad enough being you on here?
Well yes, it's not easy being me.

I do come across as a bit "Victor Meldrew", but in the real world I don't think I'm really that bad.
Old 14-01-2020, 09:01 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
............ Oh, and acting as the grammar police usually upsets them pretty good!
Pretty well.

Tsk!
Old 14-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
You are CR and i claim my £5.
Point made LOL
Old 14-01-2020, 09:19 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
...So, like a true keyboard warrior, I’ve started posting responses to some of them using my best BBS sarcastic, irreverent persona I can muster. Funny thing is they become very indigent...
Quote:
Oh, and acting as the grammar police usually upsets them pretty good!
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 14-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well yes, it's not easy being me.

I do come across as a bit "Victor Meldrew", but in the real world I don't think I'm really that bad.
Errr... whoosh?

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s amazing how many people can politicize a car break-in or a car accident.

Oh, and acting as the grammar police usually upsets them

Just leave that one there....
Old 14-01-2020, 09:58 PM
The Spiky One

OK, OK... so are policemen not allowed to transgress?

I'm no better than the people I pick-up on, I know that.

But it's still fun pointing out other peoples mistakes!
Old 14-01-2020, 10:19 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:

Enjoy!
Old 14-01-2020, 10:21 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

It’s neighbourhood by the way, not neighborhood.

Old 14-01-2020, 11:40 PM
The Spiky One

Come the glorious day, you will all be spelling the American way - you know you will.

Half of the country already talk like Americans, so it's only a matter of time.