Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-01-2020, 10:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Coronavirus

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Chinese city of Wuhan has been placed under quarantine in an effort to stop the spread of the killer coronavirus believed to have originated there.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 23-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
A lot of disinformation around at the mo, plus shameful attempt to cover up and deny there's an issue for weeks by the CCP. Less deadly, more contagious than SARS it would seem. Source possibly mainland China fetish for eating odd animal meat raw, e.g. bats.
Old 23-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
WHO considering whether to declare an epidemic.
Old 23-01-2020, 07:30 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
WHO considering whether to declare an epidemic.
Pandemic I would have thought ?
Old 23-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Am in China at the moment, although some way away in Guangxi province. Certainly some concern here but plenty of distrust of the government: are they reporting correct numbers, are they taking necessary measures, and so on.

With huge numbers travelling this week in preparation for Chinese new year tomorrow, it couldn't have come at a worse time. Seeing a lot more face masks around at the moment and we're avoiding the city centre with the baby.

Personally, I'm not that worried as we're staying in a quiet outskirt, and... cough, cough, splutter cougjjfsnhshajbwdfkskb
Old 23-01-2020, 11:10 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Slightly concerning about conflicting reports on the screening/precautions from Wuhan flights to the UK.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:21 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Denial from the Chinese about it being passed from person to person was concerning when news were reporting healthcare professionals were getting sick.

Then many healthcare professionals getting sick despite the obvious precautions they take was very worrying as it suggests it's far more contagious than was thought

The relatively long incubation period of around a week is bad as it could spread so far before we realise the real scale of it.

No China basically quarantined an entire city. Thats huge and a reversal of the previous attempts to play down the severity.

Given the size of the city, the length of the incubation period and sharply increasing death toll the next week could see this blow up to a global pandemic quit easily. Let's hope not
Old 23-01-2020, 11:38 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Taking it pretty seriously if the whole of the City of Wuhan is shut down with no access out. Public transport closed, Shelves in Supermarkets empty and probably work places shut down for business.

Story in the Mirror that some police stations shut in Avon and Somerset after Chinese National in custody showed signs of having the virus.

They were able to control SARS but this virus seems very contagious and possibly could mutate.

They suspect it is down to locals in Wuhan drinking the local delicacy of Bat soup.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:42 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
I prefer Sol anyway.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Hmm, maybe i should be more worried than I am given the posts from Sussex and Bigend.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:45 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Hmm, maybe i should be more worried than I am given the posts from Sussex and Bigend.
Wouldn’t say I’m worried. I’m aware though. If it goes pop it will happen quickly.

The fact that China is taking sudden huge sand very public steps like quarantined cities is a red flag for me.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I prefer Sol anyway.
It’s the lime! Never blame the beer
Old 23-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Super Furry Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Wouldn’t say I’m worried. I’m aware though. If it goes pop it will happen quickly.

The fact that China is taking sudden huge sand very public steps like quarantined cities is a red flag for me.

Note to self: buy face mask for myself (and for baby if feeling generous).

As an aside, I have been enjoying watching the bats of Nanning do the rounds in search of their nightly feed. I can't say it's occurred to me to investigate their taste although I should know better by now than to rule anything out when it comes to the Chinese pallate.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
If you are serious about face masks you have to buy the right sort. The normal sort actually increase the risk of contagion.

FFP3 is the thing you want. Not a hanky over you face.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
They suspect it is down to locals in Wuhan drinking the local delicacy of Bat soup.
What is a matter with them backwards *****?
Old 23-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
It’s a good job no one ever got ill from eating foods that westerners like otherwise you’d look quite foolish.

I mean imagine if cheese had ever caused listeriosis.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes they should stick to Dairy Lee triangles and faggots.

The NHS has been run into the ground for 10 years. Conservative voters ... own your shit.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Super Furry Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
If you are serious about face masks you have to buy the right sort. The normal sort actually increase the risk of contagion.

FFP3 is the thing you want. Not a hanky over you face.

Thanks for that, I wouldn't know where to start. I do think they look quite cool, like some sort of Mortal Kombat ninja assassin, but I don't quite know how to say that in Mandarin yet.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Thanks for that, I wouldn't know where to start. I do think they look quite cool, like some sort of Mortal Kombat ninja assassin, but I don't quite know how to say that in Mandarin yet.
Not sure I can help. I used to get by with three words and hand gestures. Alas those words were hello, thank you and water, rather than face-mask.

My one helpful hint is if anyone offers you salty duck egg, politely refuse. Century eggs, or hundred year eggs run for the hills.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:27 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Each to their own I don't think I would fancy the Bat Soup though!