Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-03-2020, 05:55 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Impact of Coronavirus on football

I know there are more serious things to contemplate regarding this virus, but you can’t help but wonder if the game is as expected, suspended for a long period, how many clubs will hit real financial problems?

EFL clubs especially, will miss the match day revenue life blood and yet wages and a host of other things will still need to be paid. If it goes on till into next season I would think Prem clubs will feel the squeeze too. Is all the TV money for Prem clubs paid before the season or does it depend on fixtures being actually played?

Could all get very messy.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Probationary User

ellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldellbr was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Will they run out of money

With no match days plus player wages taking such a large part of turnover do you think any big clubs will go to the wall? Spurs Southampton first?
Old 17-03-2020, 08:30 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Big clubs NO. Small clubs very possibly unless they get financial help
Old 17-03-2020, 09:17 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Barnet lay off all non-playing staff as club counts cost of coronavirus

Old 17-03-2020, 09:25 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Old 17-03-2020, 09:48 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I think Prem clubs should set up a fund between them for this. 100k each to start would help those lower down.
Old 17-03-2020, 10:38 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I think Prem clubs should set up a fund between them for this. 100k each to start would help those lower down.

Agreed.
Old 17-03-2020, 10:55 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Will sky and bt keep paying if there is nothing to show on there channels or will the legal contract make them keep paying remember when we were in 2nd tier few years back and itv channel had the rights for the league and can't remember what happened but they didn't pay the clubs which left a lot of clubs struggling for money.
Old 17-03-2020, 11:38 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
10% of Premier League transfer monies received should go into a central fund to help smaller clubs in need.

That would mean the clubs that can afford to spend the most would also contribute the most to the central fund to help clubs that need helping.

I often meet fans of smaller clubs and we all agree that there is a ridiculous imbalance between Premier League clubs and the rest of football and that this needs addressing.

COYP
Old 17-03-2020, 11:43 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Barnet lay off all non-playing staff as club counts cost of coronavirus

Bloody hell... they have 60 staff!

Sutton Utd. don’t have a single paid member of non player or squad staff other than bar staff. They rely entirely on volunteers.

Even so, it’s going to be disastrous for national league clubs.

The NHS has been run into the ground for 10 years. Conservative voters ... own your shit.
Old 18-03-2020, 03:18 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

Football industry 'could turn ugly quickly', says Fifpro general secretary.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 18-03-2020, 03:25 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Have every player donate 5% of their wages.

Put said percentage to support staff and clubs who might need to loan to keep themselves running.

Anyone playing staff wise not earning x amount entitled to interest free loan from said fund.

The players can afford it.
Old 18-03-2020, 03:52 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I know there are more serious things to contemplate regarding this virus, but you can’t help but wonder if the game is as expected, suspended for a long period, how many clubs will hit real financial problems?

EFL clubs especially, will miss the match day revenue life blood and yet wages and a host of other things will still need to be paid. If it goes on till into next season I would think Prem clubs will feel the squeeze too. Is all the TV money for Prem clubs paid before the season or does it depend on fixtures being actually played?

Could all get very messy.

Cheers for the links bubbs( incl one in post after).
Thought the fella spoke very well and gut feeling is he’s a good egg for his club. Very down to earth up that way. He’s right of course that all clubs need to be honest and imo the players need to be realistic with this new situation.
Clubs that are better off in every division need to be honest to so that help goes to clubs that really need it. football clubs play a huge part in all our communities up and down the land so it’s vital imo that we save as many as possible
because when it’s eventually under control People really will need football more than ever for their escapism from their new lives.
I hope clubs are realistic with entrance fees and players with wage going forward.

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 18-03-2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old 18-03-2020, 04:46 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It would be easy to forget the real grass roots side of things, which could suffer tremendously if people lose their heads rather than just accept that things are delayed rather than cancelled. But that in turn needs there to actually be an end in sight. All grass roots activity here has been suspended until mid-April, but I suspect that's a pipe dream and it'll be pushed out beyond that.

Fact is, if people have a knee jerk reaction en-masse, and cancel their subscriptions for the year for their kids, it could be very difficult for some community-based clubs to survive.
Old 18-03-2020, 08:12 AM

I really think Prem players will need to show a massive amount of generosity at the end of this. The levels they earn are so extortionate that if football as a whole suffers while they continue to take the kind of money that let’s face it, no one is worth, then it could get very interesting, especially as I suspect, most of the paying public will be suffering financially too.

- John Peel
Old 18-03-2020, 01:31 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I really think Prem players will need to show a massive amount of generosity at the end of this. The levels they earn are so extortionate that if football as a whole suffers while they continue to take the kind of money that let’s face it, no one is worth, then it could get very interesting, especially as I suspect, most of the paying public will be suffering financially too.
I recently read that what a player on 130k a week earns in a month takes the average working person 16 years to earn.
Old 18-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Bloody hell... they have 60 staff!

Sutton Utd. don’t have a single paid member of non player or squad staff other than bar staff. They rely entirely on volunteers.

Even so, it’s going to be disastrous for national league clubs.
I wonder if that includes the "non-football" staff who work at The Hive, which they own and operate.

That place is open from 6am to Midnight for the gym on top of the other facilities that are there. Given that the Spurs Ladies team play their home games there you would think that an agreement could have been made between those two to help out.

I would like to think that if Bromley or Croydon Athletic for example were going to hit the wall financially that Palace would do the "right thing".

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Never going to happen, all Prem players will be thinking am I going to continue to be paid, not how can I help others with my vast wealth.

The only sign of generosity I have heard of, is Abramovich letting NHS workers stay for free in the hotel at Stamford Bridge and closing to the public for at least 2 months.
Old 18-03-2020, 08:15 PM

Anneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's not just the players responsibility,if and when we get a pre-season I think all Premier league clubs should arrange friendlies with local lower league clubs instead of going halfway around the world to play in money making tournaments.
Old 18-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Glazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like the rest of the world and life the haves have the have nots have not. In football it’s survival of the richest at all cost. The top echelons will watch as the poor die. I’ll be pleased to be proved wrong.